ITI Change Proposals 2019-20
This page contains the details of Change Proposal (CP) processing in the ITI domain for the 2019-20 publication cycle.
The ITI Change Proposal process follows the general IHE CP process described on the Change Proposal process page. The following sections give more detail on the process for folks involved in the CP process in the ITI domain.
- 1 The ITI-specific CP Process
- 2 Change Proposal pages from previous years
- 3 ITI CP Tracking
- 4 Upcoming CP discussions
- 5 Minutes from past CP calls
The ITI-specific CP Process
The following text explains what the process used by the ITI technical committee in processing submitted CPs. It is consistent with the general IHE CP process and is informative only.
- Write a change proposal. Here is IHE's Change Proposal Template
- Submit into the Incoming directory. This is typically done by directly updating the directory if you have access; otherwise send it an email to the ITI Technical Committee members in charge of CPs (currently Lynn Felhofer).
- The new CPs are considered by the committee at periodic CP review calls. If CP is accepted it is given a CP #, assigned an editor, renamed to CP-ITI-xxx-00.doc and placed in Assigned. If CP is rejected it is moved to Rejected and submitter is informed of explanation for rejection. Likely reasons for rejection are: duplicate, merged, withdrawn or not enough information to understand the request. Rejected CPs can be resubmitted with more information for reconsideration.
- Committee works with editor to draft the CP. Versions are kept in Assigned directory and numbered -00, -01, -02, etc.
- Committee decides CP is ready for ballot. Latest version of CP is moved to Completed diretory and old versions are moved to old_versions.
- ITI Tech co-chair or CP manager collects Completed CPs into a ballot. The Ballot directory will be used for this.
- Ballot is released to the general community for voting for 4 weeks
- Votes and comments are collected. All yes votes means the CP passed ballot and moved to Final Text. No votes are resolved by the committee. Sometimes CP is withdrawn, sometimes NO voter changes to yes vote after explanations. CP may be updated in this process. If updates are insignificant (clarification only) the CP is considered passed. If updates are significant the CP is submitted for another ballot.
- CP approved in ballot are put in Final Text status and scheduled to be integrated into the Technical Framework or Supplement.
- CP status and ballots are tracked here
Change Proposal pages from previous years
Prior years work can be accessed at:
- ITI Change Proposals 2018-19
- ITI Change Proposals 2017-18
- ITI Change Proposals 2016-17
- ITI Change Proposals 2015-16
- ITI Change Proposals 2014-15
- ITI Change Proposals 2013-14
- ITI Change Proposals 2012-13
- ITI Change Proposals 2011-12
- ITI Change Proposals 2010-11
- ITI Change Proposals 2009-10
- ITI Change Proposals 2008-09
- ITI Change Proposals 2007-08
- ITI Change Proposals 2006-07
ITI CP Tracking
Location of CPs
All Change Proposal management is done on the IHE ftp site here.
As CPs are processed through various statuses they move from one directory to another. The directories involved are:
- contains CPs which have been submitted but have not been assigned a CP number or an editor. This is the place that new incoming CPs are placed prior to the first stage of processing by the committee.
- contains CPs that have been assigned an editor and are being actively worked on by the committee, i.e. Assigned status
- contains the last version of a CP that is in Completed status. Its contents are approved by the Technical Committee and the CP is waiting to be put in a ballot.
- contains the last version of a CP that is in FinalText status. It is has been approved by ballot and is waiting to be integrated into the TF in the upcoming publication cycle.
- contains the version of the CP that was integrated into the TF, organized by year.
- CPs that have been submitted but rejected by the committee
- contains CPs that were once assigned but have been cancelled, i.e. Cancelled status
- contains Ballots that have been released for voting by the general community, organized by year.
ITI tracks status of its Change Proposals in this google doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gdr_Y8xZBvbb326J4z67cqprxOexFgtkPj_VlD3rB9E/edit?usp=sharing The Active CPs tab contains those that are Assigned, Completed, or Final Text in this cycle. There are also archive tabs for prior years.
Approved CPs integrated into the ITI Technical Framework
CPs that have passed ballot in since 2015, and that have been, or will be, integrated into the ITI Technical Framework are listed on this Log of Approved CPs.
CPs that have already been integrated into the Technical Framework are stored here: ftp://ftp.ihe.net/IT_Infrastructure/TF_Maintenance/CPs/4_Integrated/
The ITI Technical Committee integrates CPs into Technical Framework documents following this process : ITI CP Integration Process
Out for ballot: June 14 - July 17, 2019. Comments/votes resolved on the Aug 1 & 8, 2019 CP review calls.
Ballot 54 CPs are here.
Comments, votes & resolution are here
|897-03||Clarify that rqmts in ITI-19 provide a baseline set, and are not mandated at all deployments||Approved|
|1047-02||Remove mandatory User Authentication from ITI-19||Approved w/ updates to rationale|
|1151-02||ATNA ITI-19 Authenticate-Node clarity – Update options in Vol 1 and 2a||Approved w/ updates|
|1174-01||PDQm – clarify search parameter behaviour||Approved w/ updates|
Out for ballot: Jan 7 - Feb 10, 2020. Comments/votes resolved on the Feb 13, 2020 CP review call.
Ballot 55 CPs are here.
Comments, votes & resolution are here
|1177-00||Update link for OWasp in Vol 2x, Appx V||This CP modifies text that has been removed from Appx V. post-ballot 55 review confirmed that this CP should be cancelled.|
|1178-01||XDS: misalignment between example and description for localizedString||Failed ballot; back to assigned|
|1179-00||MHD: Clarify use of outcome in ITI-65||Approved|
|1180-00||XDM: Lost linkage to e-mail parts||Approved|
|1183-00||mCSD: Correct Resource name in Constraints table||Approved|
|1185-01||Appx W: Add pointer to FHIR implementation material on Github||Approved w/ update|
|1186-00||Appx Z update to reference FHIR clinical safety page||Approved w/ update|
|1190-02||RMU update of document entries in status Deprecated||Approved|
|1191-00||Fix homeCommunityId Contradictory rqmt in ITI-39||Approved|
|1194-00||Fix copy/paste error in audit specification for ITI-86 in RMD||Approved w/ update|
|1195-00||mCSD: clarification on Organization hierarchies||Approved|
Out for ballot: Mar 6 - April 7, 2020. Comments/votes resolved on the Apr 9, 2020 CP review call.
Ballot 56 CPs are here.
Comments, votes & resolution are here
|1168-02||PDQm: Error with Search Parameters||Approved w/ updates|
|1169-01||PDQm: Error with Code on OperationOutcome||Approved|
|1172-00||PDQm: Invalid description of exact search for address||Approved|
|1182-01||MHD: Misc fixes to MHD --> XDS mapping tables||Approved|
|1184-00||PDQm: date not time||Approved|
|1188-01||MHD - fix title and comments mapping in DocumentReference||Approved|
|1189-03||The requestID has to be mandatory within the HPD Query if it is mandatory for the HPD response||Approved|
|1197-04||PMIR – Update to Message Semantics for ITI-93 Mobile Patient Identity Feed||Approved|
|1198-01||PMIR – Clarify Patient Identity Manager return in merge/delete case||Approved w/ updates|
|1200-01||MHD support for author references not just contained - New UnContain option||Approved|
|1201-01||Add auditing requirements to Appendix Z||Approved|
For a list of CPs that are currently assigned see the 'Active CPs' tab in the CP status google doc.
Assigned CPs are stored here: ftp://ftp.ihe.net/IT_Infrastructure/TF_Maintenance/CPs/1_Assigned/
Strategies for smarter CP processing (from Jul-17 F2F)
We often have CPs that need a lot of rework after ballot:
- There is not enough review prior to ballot
- Perhaps too much effort on specificity vs remaining silent
- Look for opportunities to suggest that a small subset take a time-consuming or editorial problem offline and come back to the group with an updated change.
Gateway questions prior to accepting a CP (or finishing work on an existing CP):
- Is solving the problem necessary for interoperability?
- Has an implementer reported this problem, or should they, or... is this theoretical?
- Is the text inconsistent? If so, are we over-specifying, i.e. can we delete the inconsistency?
- Strongly suggest that a submitter propose a solution.
- Is this a problem that needs to be fixed?
Upcoming CP discussions
ITI CP review calls are typically held the second Thursday of each month from 10-11am Central US. Additional sessions will be scheduled on Tues & Thurs of ITI Tech F2F meetings. Changes to the 'traditional' schedule for CP calls are announced on the ititech email list.
May 14, 2020
Time: 10:00 - 11:00 CDT
Meeting: 926 847 156
The ITI CP tracking spreadsheet is here.
(1) Process Incoming CPs
(2) Assigned CPs for discussion
- 875-01 - XDS BPPC Enforcement option details moved from Vol 2 to Vol 1 (Lynn)
- more TBD
(3) Next in CPs
- Affect of IHE FTP shutdown on ITI CP processing after June 1, 2020
- CP Integration status
- Next regular CP call is the 2nd Thurs in June: June 11, 10:00 CDT.