ITI Change Proposals 2007
- 1 Introduction
- 2 ITI CP Tracking
- 3 December 5, 2007
- 4 November 8, 2007
- 5 October 1, 2007
- 6 July 23-27, 2007
- 7 May 30, 2007
- 8 May 25, 2007
- 9 May 24, 2007
- 10 May 23, 2007 Joint with PCC
- 11 Face-to-face May 15, 2007
- 12 Face-to-face May 16, 2007
- 13 Tcon May 7, 2007
- 14 Tcon April 2, 2007
- 15 Tcon March 23, 2007
- 16 Face to face March 13-15
- 17 Tcon February 6, 2007
- 18 Tcon November 15, 2006
- 19 Return to
See Change Proposal process page.
Return to ITI Technical Committee
ITI CP Tracking
- contains CPs that have been assigned an editor and are being actively worked on by the committee, i.e. Assigned status
- contains Ballots that have been released for voting by the general community
- contains CPs that have been canceled, i.e. Canceled status
- contains the last version of a CP that is in Completed status. It is waiting to be put in a ballot
- contains the last version of a CP that is in FinalText status. It is has been approved by ballot and is waiting to be integrated into the TF.
- contains the version of the CP that was integrated into the TF.
- contains CPs which have been submitted but have not been assigned a CP number or an editor. This is the place that new incoming CPs are placed prior to the first stage of processing by the committee.
- Contains old versions of Completed and FinalText CPs
- CPs that have been submitted by rejected by the committee
- contains spreadsheets describing the status of CPs.
These CPs have been integrated into the Version 4.0 of the Technical Framework and the 2007 version of Supplements.
|CP-ITI-252-FT.doc||XDM allignment on XDS.b||XDM||November 2007|
|CP-ITI-253-FT.doc||XDR Option update and allignment on XDS.b||XDR||November 2007|
|xds_028_09.doc||Proposed Error Codes||XDS||August 2007|
|xds_117_05.doc||Refinement of RPLC Semantics||XDS||August 2007|
|xds_130_03.doc||DocumentEntry.legalAuthenticator should be multivalued||XDS||August 2007|
|xds_145_01.doc||Date/Time Format||XDS||August 2007|
|CP-ITI-156-07.doc||ATNA PIX/PDQ Events||PIX & PDQ||August 2007|
|CP-ITI-164-10.doc||XDS ATNA Events||XDS||August 2007|
|CP-ITI-180-01.doc||Missing Team message||ATNA||August 2007|
|xds_187_07.doc||Extra metadata||XDS||August 2007|
|pdq_203_02.doc||Update Examples of last name search||PDQ||August 2007|
|pix_204_04.doc||Locator deprecation, multidomain issues (pid fields)||PIX||August 2007|
|CP-ITI-208-05.doc||XDS metadata should clearly specify single vs. multi-valued||XDS||August 2007|
|all_209_00.doc||Volume 1: Appendix F is obsolete||ATNA||August 2007|
|pix_xds_212_02.doc||Why does Doc Reg get A08 messages||XDS/PIX||August 2007|
|xdssd_214_01.doc||Format code not consistant with other profiles||XDS-SD||August 2007|
|xdssd_215_02.doc||xs:base64Binary encoding||XDS-SD||August 2007|
|xdssq_216_01.doc||Patient ID not quoted in example||XDS-SQ||August 2007|
|xdssq_217_01.doc||Parameters for Required Queries||XDS-SQ||August 2007|
|xdssq_218_01.doc||FindDocuments paremeter ConfidentialityCodeScheme missing||XDS-SQ||August 2007|
|xdssq_219_01.doc||GetAssociations query parm should be Required||XDS-SQ||August 2007|
|xdssq_220_01.doc||Status Value Typos||XDS-SQ||August 2007|
|xds_225_02.doc||uniqueId enforcement||XDS||August 2007|
|xds_226_01.doc||XDSDocumentEntry.uniqueID without extension||XDS||August 2007|
|CP-ITI-230-02.doc||Clarify <softwareName> and <manufactureModelName> for virtually scanned documents||XDS-SD||August 2007|
|CP-ITI-232-03.doc||ATNA Self Signed and CA Signed Certificates||ATNA||August 2007|
|CP-ITI-233-01.doc||ATNA Key Length||ATNA||August 2007|
|CP-ITI-236-02.doc||XDS ATNA immediate transfer not always required||ATNA||August 2007|
|CP-ITI-238-03.doc||Combined Registry/Repository Breaks RFP Process||XDS||August 2007|
|CP-ITI-239-03.doc||Audit Syslog Requirements (TAG field)||ATNA||August 2007|
|CP-ITI-240-02.doc||Mapping CDA ID to XDS-SD||XDS-SD||August 2007|
|CP-ITI-242-01.doc||PDQ Use case #2 correction||PDQ||August 2007|
|CP-ITI-243-02.doc||PDQ RCP Field 2 clarification||PDQ||August 2007|
|CP-ITI-244-00.doc||Consistent terminology specified in CP 150 not applied to Vol. 1||XDS||August 2007|
|CP-ITI-245-01.doc||Inconsistencies in PAM||PAM||August 2007|
|CP-ITI-246-03.doc||Move XDS Metadata sections to separate chapter and reference from multiple transactions||XDS||August 2007|
|CP-ITI-247-01.doc||ATNA Certificates format (DER / BER)transactions||ATNA||August 2007|
|CP-ITI-248-00.doc||PWP should point at RFC3377||PWP||August 2007|
|CP-ITI-250-03.doc||UUID conversion to OID||OID Appendix||August 2007|
|CP-ITI-251-00.doc||Typos in XDS metadata section (18.104.22.168.2)||XDS||August 2007|
|CP-ITI-229-01.doc||RFD Needs ITI Transaction Numbers||RFD||May 2007|
These CPs have been canceled.
|xds_030_06.doc||Standardizaton of XDS Documents||XDS||July 2007||Failed ballot|
|xds_227_01.doc||Provide list of Content Integration Profiles||XDS||July 2007||Failed ballot|
Final Text CPs
These CPs are ready for integration into the Technical Framework and Supplements.
|CP-ITI-234-FT.doc||ATNA Maintaining a List of Certificates for Trusted Nodes/Applications||ATNA|
|CP-ITI-237-FT.doc||Submission of Association Objects||XDS|
|CP-ITI-241-FT.doc||Document source replace support from required to optional||XDS|
Balloted CPs moved back to Assigned
These CPs had comments from the ballot that suggested they are not ready for final text yet. Have been moved back to assigned status.
|CP-ITI-228-03.doc||FindDocumentQuery eventCode problem||XDS|
The ITI specific CP Process
See CP Process for IHE specific processing.
- Submission into the Incoming directory
- First consideration by the committee. If CP is accepted it is given a CP #, assigned an editor, renamed to CP-ITI-xxx_00.doc and placed in Assigned. If CP is rejected it is moved to Rejected and submitter is informed of explanation for rejection. Likely reasons for rejection are: dublicate, merged, withdrawn or not enough information to understand the request. Rejected CPs can be resubmitted with more information for reconsideration.
- Committee works with editor to draft the CP. Versions are kept in Assigned directory and numbered starting with -00, -01, -02, etc.
- Committee decides CP is ready for ballot. Latest version of CP is moved to Completed diretory and old versions are moved to old_versions.
- Co-chair collects Completed CPs into a ballot. The Ballot directory will be used for this.
- Ballot is released to the general community for voting
- Votes and comments are collected. All yes votes means the CP passed ballot and moved to FinalText. No votes are resolved by the committee. Sometimes CP is withdrawn, sometimes NO voter changes to yes vote after explanations. CP may be updated in this process. If updates are insignificant (clarification only) the CP is considered passed. If updates are significant the CP is submitted for another ballot.
- CP approved in ballot are put in FinalText and scheduled to be integrated into the Technical Framework or Supplement.
December 5, 2007
- CPs in Incoming directory
- CP-ITI-LF-RFD_Retr_Clarif.doc - CP 272 to George Cole
- CP-ITI-LF-BPPC_Options.doc - CP 273 to John M.
- CP-ITI-KW-XCAOnehomeperCommunity-00.doc - CP 274 to Karen
- CP-ITI-KW-XCANewTransactionsReallyNeeded-00.doc - CP 275 to Karen
- CP-ITI-KW-XCAAuditMessages-00.doc - CP 276 to Karen, reviewed text and agreed with the changes, CP is ready for Ballot (Completed status)
- cp-iti-bill-xds_typos.doc - Bill not present, skipped
- CP-ITI-bill-xds_ss_description.doc - Bill not present, skipped
- cp-iti-bill-xds_doc_rel_model.doc - Bill not present, skipped
- cp-iti-bill_getsscontents.doc - Bill not present, skipped
- CP-ITI-AK-PDQAND.doc - CP 277 to Yongjian. Disagreement regarding whether a strict "AND" is appropriate, but for interoperability a clear algorithm might be needed. Further discussion including the submitters of CP is desirable. Karen will work with submitters to get that group together.
- CP-ITI-sek-typeo-in-237-04.doc - Sarah will contact Bill for confirmation of this typo in CP 237. When confirmed will be accepted as a CP.
- Other things that came up
- Rob to track down whether we need an update to the IHE transactions controlled vocabulary
- Rob to determine whether a CP is necessary based on the results of the email trail discusion of CP 164
Attendees List – Review CPs
|Attendance: December 5, 2007|
|Robert Horn – AGFA||X|
|George Cole - Allscripts||X|
|Vassil Peytchev – Epic Systems||X|
|John Moehrke – GE Medical Systems IT||X|
|Yongjian Bao – GE Healthcare||X|
|Manuel Metz – GIP-DMP||X|
|Sarah Knoop – IBM||X|
|Karen Witting – IBM||X|
|Don Jorgenson – Inpriva Inc.||X|
|Lynn Felhofer - MIR||X|
|Steve Moore - MIR||X|
|Jim McInnis – Siemens||X|
|LaVerne Palmer - HIMSS Staff||X|
November 8, 2007
Focus on CPs critical to connectathon.
- CP 231 - See CP-ITI-231-01.doc and cp231-smm-03.doc. Ready for ballot. Will be communicated to connectathon email list.
- CP 257 - XCA Missing Protocol Requirements: CP-ITI-257-02.doc. Wait for feedback from implementors. Communicate with connectathon email list and ballot after connectathon.
- CPs in Incoming directory
- CP-ITI-KW-SOAPVERSION-00.doc - assigned CP 265. Recommend that server side support both versions of SOAP and client chooses. Get feedback from implementors and review again after connectathon.
- cp-iti-bill-xds_new_error_codes.doc - assigned CP 266
- CP-ITI-bill-xds_assoc_type_namespace.doc - assigned CP 268
- CP-ITI-bill-xds_partialsuccess.doc - assigned CP 269
- CP-ITI-MG-xds_base64.doc - could be a problem with differences in implementations of encoding. Suggested that base 64 encoding is disallowed by the standard. Suggested that encoding is a transfer encoding. Bill will followup with the author of the CP.
- CP-ITI-KW-XCAMissingHomeActions-01.doc - assigned CP 270. Choose a short term strategy for this years connectathon and gather implementor feedback. For short term: return what you can, have registry error for those without home. Request feedback from implementors for final solution
- cp-iti-bill-mtom_xop.doc - assigned CP 267. Will be discussed on Q&A call next week.
Discuss release of a CP ballot in December or January.
- Agreed that we would not ballot any CPs prior to North American Connectathon. For those that effect implementation we will choose an initial solution, communicate to implementors, and collect feedback. Given the feedback we may change the initial solution after connectathon and plan to ballot in 2008.
October 1, 2007
- CP 231 - conclude email discussion. See CP-ITI-231-00.doc and cp231-smm.doc. (see more text below)
- Discussion agreed on direction. Steve to write up final wording and have email review. Goal to have final version of CP available by end of October.
- CPs in Incoming directory
- Assigned to Bill CP 259
- Assigned to Bill CP 260
- Assigned to Rob CP 254
- CP-ITI-Renaming of two sections on security in XDS.doc
- Assigned to Manuel CP 255
- ICP-ITE-JAR- AllowDocumenttDeletion.doc
- Agreed that function is desirable to beyond the scope of what can be accomadated by a CP. Manuel is submitting a planning proposal which encompasses this so detail will be rolled into his planning proposal. This CP will be rejected as too big to cover in a CP.
- Assigned to Karen CP 256
- Assigned to Karen CP 257
- Assigned to Karen CP 258. Karen will create a XCA Implementors page on the wiki which will refer to these CPs and give guidance to implementors for this year.
- Assigned to Bill CP 261
- Assigned to Bill CP 262
- Assigned to Bill CP 263
- CP 160: DSG use of URNs
- Need to assess the likelihood of implementation of DSG and NAV this year to determine priority. Karen to ask the demo committee.
Last email on CP 231. Would be a good starting point for Oct 1 discussion
This was the last note from the August email discussion on PDQ. I don't know if it is the consensus view, but I think we can use it as a starting point for discussion on Monday. I believe it implies the following
1 Client uses MSH-5 to indicate the source of the patient demographics.
2 Server needs to publish a list of values for MSH-5 indicating which values get mapped to which demographic source.
3 Patient ID domains are specified by QPD-8
4 Patient ID domains are not linked to MSH-5/demographic source
5 If QPD-8 is empty, server will return all identifiers in all domains.
6 If QPD-8 is filled in, server will return only identifiers in the domains requested by the client.
7 Implies these requirements for a client
7a Needs to be able to specify a configurable value for MSH-5 based on publication by the server
7b. Needs to be able to configure
7b1 Empty value in QPD-8, and receive all IDs in all domains, OR
7b2. Single value in QPD-8, and receive one ID on single domain, OR
7b3. Multiple values in QPD-8, and receive multiple IDs in those multiple domains
That would mean that a client cannot just leave QPD-8 empty and hope that the server gives back the "one ID in the one domain that I care about".
As before, my opinion is not that important. My goal is that the group agrees on the behavior and that we document this clearly.
July 23-27, 2007
During the face-to-face we processed CPs. The details are documented at: CP Processing
May 30, 2007
The CPs listed below were discussed on the call. The version listed below of each file is the version including the updates from today's discussion. If the link fails then the author has not yet submitted the promised fixes. To load previous version, copy/paste the link and edit.
- CP-ITI-233-01.doc - Ready for Ballot
- CP-ITI-236-01.doc - Ready for Ballot
- CP-ITI-237-02.doc - small edits - Ready for Ballot
- CP-ITI-238-03.doc - small edits - Ready for Ballot
- CP-ITI-239-00.doc - Already approved for Ballot - no discussion necessary
- CP-ITI-234-02.doc - ATNA Maintaining a List of Certificates for Trusted Nodes/Applications - wording and concept issues. John is providing additional background material and will work work Manuel.
- xds_117_03.doc - small fixes, may be some addition comments via email, once incorporated it will be ready for ballot
- CP-ITI-230-02.doc - small edits - Ready for Ballot - needs wiki article on how to fill this in.
- xdssq_215_02.doc - small updates - Ready for Ballot
- CP-ITI-180-01.doc - Ready for Ballot
- CP-ITI-235-00.doc - Duplicate - issues solved by CP 232
- CP-ITI-250-02.doc - small update - Ready for Ballot
- CP-ITI-247-01.doc - small update - Ready for Ballot
- CP-ITI-248-00.doc - Ready for Ballot
- CP-ITI-249-00.doc - John will update and start discussion on ITI Tech
May 25, 2007
- CP-ITI-156-04.doc- editorial comments, updated version will be reviewed by email and then ready for ballot.
- xds_164_09.doc - reformat to go into the Security Considerations sections of transactions (rather than in a separate appendix). Updated version will be reviewed by email and then ready for ballot.
- CP-ITI-232-02.doc - small editorial update and then ready for ballot.
- CP-ITI-239-02.doc - small editorial update and then ready for ballot.
May 24, 2007
- CP-ITI-244-00.doc - Ready to be integrated.
- xds_028_06.doc Reg/Rep Error Codes - Editorial updates suggested, email review then ready for ballot.
- xds_187_05.doc Extra Metadata - one word change then ready for ballot.
- CP-ITI-238-00.doc - Strike note 1 & 2 and include explanatory text for submitter. Email review then ready for ballot.
- CP-ITI-241-02.doc - Editorial changes. Email review then ready for ballot.
- CP-ITI-246-00.doc - Editorial changes. Email review then ready for ballot.
- CP-ITI-242-01.doc - ready for ballot.
- CP-ITI-243-01.doc - typo fix then ready for ballot.
May 23, 2007 Joint with PCC
- Additional XDS Document Entry Identifiers Change Proposal CP-ITI-Additional_XDS_Document_Entry_Identifiers-03.doc. Discussion fleshed out the details of the proposal and identified a solution. Probably needs to be released as a small supplement. Keith will write up next version and distribute to committees.
- CP-ITI-240-01.doc - after discussion and clarification this CP is ready to be issued for ballot
- BPPC - ready to go to final text after application of several PCC change proposals. Agreed to provided revised supplement to ITI mid-June for review and feedback in July. After updates based on review the supplement will be integrated into the ITI Vol. 1 and 2 Technical Framework documents as part of the update to V4.0 expected in August.
- Web Services - Both ITI and PCC are defining HL7 V3 Web SErvices transactions. This work needs to be harmonized. Keith will review ITI's work and give input.
Face-to-face May 15, 2007
Agenda & Minutes
- CP-ITI-241-01.doc - agreed to general direction of the CP. Break the lifecycle management options into independent options (including replace). Add query to be an optional transaction that is required if any of the options are specified.
- xds_117_02.doc - good and substantial comments were received, an updated version will be reviewed again
Face-to-face May 16, 2007
- CP-ITI-234-00.doc - Reassign to Manuel Metz, new version at CP-ITI-234-01.doc
- CP-ITI-236-00.doc - context explained and now understood. John will review existing text in that context and decide if textual update is needed.
- xds_028_05.doc - minor updates suggested. ready for ballot
- xds_055_01.doc - suggested to cancel. Canceled and moved to xds_055_02.doc
- xds_147_00.doc - agreed to normalize prior to compare of patient id by registry. Rob to write up.
- pix_xds_212_01.doc - Ready for ballot
Tcon May 7, 2007
Agenda & Minutes
- pix_204_02.doc Agreed in principle, Laurie and Dave will be asked to review detailed text and then it will be released for ballot.
- xds_028_03.doc General agreement on the direction. Suggestion that there should be a partial sucess status added. Email to ititech will solicit further comments.
- Submissions from Laurie accepted and assigned CP 242 & 243. With a few wording fixes these are ready for ballot.
- xds_118_00.doc agreed to cancel
- pdq_203_01.doc Agreed on direction, Yongjian will update and review with Laurie and then ready for ballot.
- CP-ITI-239-01.doc Reassigned to John.
- CP-ITI-241-00.doc Requires a Vol. 1 update as well and discussion of requirement of query.
Tcon April 2, 2007
Agenda & Minutes
- Incoming CP review (ATNA only), see incoming directory
- CP-ITI-ATNA-MOORE-TLS-Break-Glass.doc Reject this CP as inappropriate.
- CP-ITI-232-00.doc (originally named CP-ITI-ATNA-MOORE-Self-Signed-Certificate.doc) Assign to John, # 232
- CP-ITI-233-00.doc (originally named CP-ITI-ATNA-MOORE-Key-Length.doc) Systems must be able to be configurable to key lengths between 1024-4096. Assign to John, #233
- CP-ITI-ATNA-MOORE-Certificate-Request-Process.doc Reject, but process should be a part of the testing environment.
- CP-ITI-234-00.doc (originally named CP-ITI-ATNA-MOORE-Certificate-Per-System-Not-CA.doc) Assign to John, #234
- CP-ITI-235-00.doc (originally named CP-ITI-ATNA-MOORE-Certificate-Contents.doc) Assign to Rob, #235. Should require that a system be able to configure off the checking of hostname.
- CP-ITI-236-00.doc (originally named CP_ATNA_070216.doc] Assign to John, #236
- Assigned CPs ready for review: (as time allows, in following order)
- 209 - Move CP to complete. All the items in the referenced Appendix have been addressed by the standards body. So the list should be removed from the TF. This CP updates the appendix to be empty.
- 164 - Reviewed discussion items in text. Agreed that this should be an XDS specific section in a new Appendix. The PDQ and PIX work will be another section in the same appendix.
- CP-ITI-228-01.doc - Brief review. Needs review by originator (Sarah).
- 156 - Warren: deferred
- 212 - Charles: deferred
- CP Planning: Plan future CP work
- xds_118_00.doc- Requires clarification by original initiator. Steve/Karen to followup with possible initiator. Re-assigned to Karen. New version at CP-ITI-118-01.doc
- xds_147_00.doc - Two possible approaches to this a) require registries to do unicode normalization b) require patient ids to be in the ASCII character set. Second option seems preferable. Rob will write that option up and it will be distributed to national areas that would have a concern (Korea, others?)
- dsg_160_00.doc - This requires more thought and there seems to be no urgency. Still not enough vendors implementing DSG to require connectathon testing of it.
- atna_180_00.doc - team login question requires further discussion with larger group.
Tcon March 23, 2007
See Minutes .
Face to face March 13-15
See Minutes .
Tcon February 6, 2007
See Minutes .
Tcon November 15, 2006