ITI Change Proposals 2016
- 1 Introduction
- 2 ITI CP Tracking
- 3 Upcoming CP discussions
- 4 Agenda and Minutes from past CP calls
This page contains the details of Change Proposal (CP) processing in the ITI domain for the 2015-2016 publication cycle.
The ITI Change Proposal process follows the general IHE CP process described on the Change Proposal process page. The following sections give more detail on the process for folks involved in the CP process in the ITI domain.
The ITI-specific CP Process
The following text explains what the process used by the ITI technical committee in processing submitted CPs. It is consistent with the general IHE CP process and is informative only.
- Write a change proposal. Here is IHE's Change Proposal Template
- Submit into the Incoming directory. This is typically done by directly updating the directory if you have access; otherwise send it an email to the ITI Technical Committee members in charge of CPs (currently Lynn Felhofer).
- The new CPs are considered by the committee at periodic CP review calls. If CP is accepted it is given a CP #, assigned an editor, renamed to CP-ITI-xxx-00.doc and placed in Assigned. If CP is rejected it is moved to Rejected and submitter is informed of explanation for rejection. Likely reasons for rejection are: duplicate, merged, withdrawn or not enough information to understand the request. Rejected CPs can be resubmitted with more information for reconsideration.
- Committee works with editor to draft the CP. Versions are kept in Assigned directory and numbered -00, -01, -02, etc.
- Committee decides CP is ready for ballot. Latest version of CP is moved to Completed diretory and old versions are moved to old_versions.
- Co-chair collects Completed CPs into a ballot. The Ballot directory will be used for this.
- Ballot is released to the general community for voting for 4 weeks
- Votes and comments are collected. All yes votes means the CP passed ballot and moved to FinalText. No votes are resolved by the committee. Sometimes CP is withdrawn, sometimes NO voter changes to yes vote after explanations. CP may be updated in this process. If updates are insignificant (clarification only) the CP is considered passed. If updates are significant the CP is submitted for another ballot.
- CP approved in ballot are put in FinalText and scheduled to be integrated into the Technical Framework or Supplement.
As CPs are processed through various statuses they move from one directory to another. The directories involved are:
- contains CPs which have been submitted but have not been assigned a CP number or an editor. This is the place that new incoming CPs are placed prior to the first stage of processing by the committee.
- contains CPs that have been assigned an editor and are being actively worked on by the committee, i.e. Assigned status
- contains the last version of a CP that is in Completed status. It is waiting to be put in a ballot
- contains the last version of a CP that is in FinalText status. It is has been approved by ballot and is waiting to be integrated into the TF.
- contains the version of the CP that was integrated into the TF.
- CPs that have been submitted by rejected by the committee
- contains CPs that have been canceled, i.e. Canceled status
- contains Ballots that have been released for voting by the general community
- contains spreadsheets describing the status of CPs.
Change Proposal pages from previous years
Ongoing work on CPs is placed on the current year CP page. Prior years work can be accessed at:
- ITI Change Proposals 2015
- ITI Change Proposals 2014
- ITI Change Proposals 2013
- ITI Change Proposals 2012
- ITI Change Proposals 2011
- ITI Change Proposals 2010
- ITI Change Proposals 2009
- ITI Change Proposals 2008
- ITI Change Proposals 2007
ITI CP Tracking
Location of CPs, and CP status
All Change Proposal management is done on the IHE ftp site here.
Since March 2015, the ITI tracks status of its Change Proposals on the "CPs tracking" tab in this google doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gdr_Y8xZBvbb326J4z67cqprxOexFgtkPj_VlD3rB9E/edit?usp=sharing
Approved CPs to be integrated in 2016
CPs that have passed ballot in this cycle, and that will be integrated into Version 12.0 of the Technical Framework and the 2016 version of Supplements in September 2016 are listed on the "Ballot Log" tab of the tracking spreadsheet.
In Aug 2016, CPs will be integrated & checked following this process (currently draft): ITI CP Integration Process
Out for ballot: Aug 13 - Sep 16 2015
Ballot 29 CPs, comments, and votes are archived here: ftp://ftp.ihe.net/IT_Infrastructure/TF_Maintenance-2016/CPs/Ballots/ballot_29/
CPs approved in this ballot are here: ftp://ftp.ihe.net/IT_Infrastructure/TF_Maintenance-2016/CPs/3_FinalText/from_Ballot_29/
Comments/votes were reviewed on the Sep 24 & 25 CP calls. Resolution is in the table below.
|559-02||MPQ profiles queries vs. Metadata Update option||Moved back to Assigned per Aug 5 CP meeting. See notes|
|801-04||Update Vol 1 references to RFC 3881||Approved w/ updates|
|872-05||Add ATNA Repository Forwarding and re-doc ITI-20 transaction||Approved w/ updates|
Out for ballot: Nov 23 - Dec 1, 2015
Ballot 30 CPs, comments, and votes are archived here: ftp://ftp.ihe.net/IT_Infrastructure/TF_Maintenance-2016/CPs/Ballots/ballot_30/
CPs approved in this ballot will be posted here: ftp://ftp.ihe.net/IT_Infrastructure/TF_Maintenance-2016/CPs/3_FinalText/from_Ballot_30/
Comments/votes will be reviewed on the CP call on December 4, 2015
|771-04||Clarify hash validation rules in Volume 3||Approved w/ updates|
|797-07||Definition of Document||Approved|
|814-06||Remove ambiguity about “Registry Enforcement” of display name in coded attributes||Failed; back to assigned|
|857-03||Clarify/update the use of homeCommunityID in XCA||Failed; back to assigned|
|870-02||Repository behavior on ITI-42 failure||Approved w/ updates|
|879-01||mACM - Fix inaccurate Field and Section references plus typos||Approved|
|890-02||mACM – Clarify resources included in ITI-84 and ITI-85 response||Approved w/ updates|
Out for ballot: Dec 4, 2015 - Jan 6, 2016
Ballot 31 CPs, comments, and votes are archived here: ftp://ftp.ihe.net/IT_Infrastructure/TF_Maintenance-2016/CPs/Ballots/ballot_31/
CPs approved in this ballot are posted here: ftp://ftp.ihe.net/IT_Infrastructure/TF_Maintenance-2016/CPs/3_FinalText/from_Ballot_31/
Comments/votes were reviewed on the CP call on January 8, 2016
|814-08||Remove ambiguity about “Registry Enforcement” of display name in coded attributes||Approved w/ updates|
|858-03||Fix ITI-39 error reporting requirements||Approved w/ updates|
|889-03||Clarify Error Code used for ‘RPLC’ or ‘XFRM_RPLC’ Association Validation||Failed; updates made require reballoting|
|893-00||mACM – clarify actor requirements for create & read||Approved|
|896-00||referenceIdList Clarification||Failed; back to assigned|
|898-01||Update to MetadataLevel Parameter||Approved w/ updates|
|899-00||Typo in XCPD Query transaction||Approved|
|900-00||mACM – fix PCD-06 mapping for alert text||Approved|
|903-01||Add encounterID to referenceIdList||Approved w/ updates|
|904-00||Fix ASTM signature purpose vocabulary||Approved|
Out for ballot: Feb 24 - Mar 15, 2016.
The ballot announcement is here.
The ITI Technical Committee will review comments/votes on these dates:
- Thu March 17, 2016, 9-11am CDT - MHD and Appendix Z comments
- Fri March 18, 9-11am CDT' - PIXm and PDQm comments
- Thu March 24, 8-11am CDT - MHD, Appx Z and PIXm comments
- Wed Apr 6, 8-10am - finish open review items
Ballot 32 CPs are archived here: ftp://ftp.ihe.net/IT_Infrastructure/TF_Maintenance-2016/CPs/Ballots/ballot_32/
Ballot 32 consolidated comments & votes are here.
CPs approved in this ballot will be stored here: ftp://ftp.ihe.net/IT_Infrastructure/TF_Maintenance-2016/CPs/3_FinalText/from_Ballot_32/
|884-00||PIXm changes for DSTU2||Approved w/ updates per ballot comments|
|885-00||PDQm changes for DSTU2||Approved w/ updates per ballot comments|
|886-00||MHD changes for DSTU2||Approved w/ updates per ballot comments|
|919-00||Split FHIR-specific Appendix Z out of PDQm supplement & update for DSTU2||20160428: Appx Z approved w/ updates per ballot comments|
Out for ballot: March 21 - April 20, 2016
Ballot 33 CPs are archived here: ftp://ftp.ihe.net/IT_Infrastructure/TF_Maintenance-2016/CPs/Ballots/ballot_33/
Ballot 33 consolidated comments and votes are here.
CPs approved in this ballot will be stored here: ftp://ftp.ihe.net/IT_Infrastructure/TF_Maintenance-2016/CPs/3_FinalText/from_Ballot_33/
Comments/votes were reviewed at the Apr 21 CP call.
|582-06||Metadata Update correction for associations in GetAllQuery||Approved w/ updates|
|799-01||SubmissionSets are immutable||Approved|
|857-05||Clarify/update the use of homeCommunityId in XCA||Approved w/ updates|
|880-03||Add new value for Study Instance UID in CXi.5 (Identifier Type Codes)||Approved w/ updates|
|888-04||ProducerReference in ITI-53 and ITI-54 – fix unclear usage||Approved|
|889-08||Clarify Error Code used for ‘RPLC’ or ‘XFRM_RPLC’ Association Validation||Approved w/ updates|
|895-04||Clarify/update the use of homeCommunityID in XCPD||Approved w/ updates|
|896-04||referenceIdList Clarification||Approved w/ updates|
|901-03||On-Demand Document Source options||Approved w/ updates|
|905-00||ITI-8 PID field Optionality||Approved|
|906-00||ITI-8 MSH message structure - Revert changes introduced in CP-ITI-786||Approved|
|908-00||Table 188.8.131.52-3: on-demand repositoryUniqueId should be required||Approved|
|918-01||Fix workflowInstanceId specification in Vol 3 CXi datatype definition||Approved w/ updates|
Out for ballot: May 24 -July 6, 2016
Ballot 34 CPs are archived here: ftp://ftp.ihe.net/IT_Infrastructure/TF_Maintenance-2016/CPs/Ballots/ballot_34/
Consolidated comments and votes will be gathered here.
CPs approved in this ballot are here: ftp://ftp.ihe.net/IT_Infrastructure/TF_Maintenance-2016/CPs/3_FinalText/from_Ballot_34/
Comments/votes were reviewed on the July 8 CP call and during the July F2F
|767-03||Fix errors in CXi datatype and referenceIdList attribute examples||Approved /w updates|
|821-04||Add specification for ITI-32 audit message||Approved w/ updates|
|846-09||Clarify Base64 Required/XOP||Approved w/ updates...|
|873-12||ATNA Vol 1 Redoc||Approved w/ updates|
|882-03||Fix merge references from PIX Feed(s) to XDS||Approved w/ updates|
|894-03||Object List Description Improvement||Approved|
|909-07||Restrict ITI 41 and 42 from carrying on-demand||Approved w/ updates|
|914-04||Value of Content-Type HTTP header action parameter||Approved|
|924-03||Fix TF Reference in XCDR supplement||Approved w/ updates|
|926-07||CSD - Update rqmts for transport plus additional implementer feedback||Approved w/ updates|
|932-01||SeR - fix URN encoding||Approved|
|933-00||XPID-Fix Expected Actions for sourcePatientId||Approved|
|934-01||ITI-61 Human Requestor Audit||Approved w/ updates|
Out for ballot: June 23 - July 15, 2016
Ballot 35 CPs archived here: ftp://ftp.ihe.net/IT_Infrastructure/TF_Maintenance-2016/CPs/Ballots/ballot_35/
Consolidated comments/votes are gathered here
CPs approved in this ballot are here: ftp://ftp.ihe.net/IT_Infrastructure/TF_Maintenance-2016/CPs/3_FinalText/from_Ballot_35/
Comments/votes were reviewed and resolved during the July 18-22 ITI face-to-face meeting.
|927-05||Mark additional attributes with Security & Privacy purpose||Approved w/ updates|
|935-04||Improve the document sharing metadata descriptions in tables||Approved w/ updates|
|936-02||Add new optional parameter to ITI-34 Retrieve Form request||Approved w/ updates|
For a list of CPs that are currently assigned see the 'Active CPs' tab in the CP status google doc. Assigned CPs are stored here: ftp://ftp.ihe.net/IT_Infrastructure/TF_Maintenance-2016/CPs/1_Assigned/
Upcoming CP discussions
ITI CP review calls are typically held the 1st Friday and 3rd Thursday of each month from 9-11am Central US. Additional sessions may be scheduled during ITI Tech F2F meetings. Changes to the 'traditional' schedule for CP calls is announced on the ititech email list.
July 18-22 F2F Topics
See current CP status spreadsheet here.
For times of CP discussions during the F2F, please see the agenda for the ITI Tech Committee F2F meeting here.
Lynn is gathering topics below, and these will be slotted into CP time on that agenda.
(1) Finish Ballot 34 open items http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php/ITI_Change_Proposals_2016#Ballot_34
- See consolidation comments here
- 767 - Fix errors in CXi datatype and referenceIdList attribute examples - confirm wording in proposed changes
- 846 - Clarify Base64 Required/XOP - discuss Elliot S's comments on Appx V
- 873 - ATNA Vol 1 Redoc - review any of Rob's changes that need committee confirmation
- 882 - Fix merge references from PIX Feed(s) to XDS - review ballot comments (out of time in review call)
- 924 - Fix TF Reference in XCDR supplement - Discuss Elliot S's comments
- 926 - CSD - Update rqmts for transport plus additional implementer feedback - if needed, review any of Carl's updates that need committee input
(2) Resolve Ballot 35 comments/votes http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php/ITI_Change_Proposals_2016#Ballot_35
- Consolidated comments/votes are here
- 927 - Mark additional attributes with Security & Privacy purpose
- 935 - Improve the document sharing metadata descriptions in tables
- 936 - Add new optional parameter to ITI-34 Retrieve Form Request (comments to be resolved along w/ QRPH TC representatives)
(3) Assigned CPs ready for review ftp://ftp.ihe.net/IT_Infrastructure/TF_Maintenance-2016/CPs/1_Assigned/
- CP-ITI-925-02 - Clarify UTC offset within DMT datatype (Nader C)
- others tbd as prepared by cmte members
(4) MHD CPs submitted by Forcare ftp://ftp.ihe.net/IT_Infrastructure/TF_Maintenance-2016/CPs/0_Incoming/
- CP-ITI_Forcare-MHD-Binary-reference-in-provide-bundle.docx (Rick R)
(5) Other Incoming CPs ftp://ftp.ihe.net/IT_Infrastructure/TF_Maintenance-2016/CPs/0_Incoming/
- CP-ITI-TI-Clarify-Folder-lastUpdateTime.doc (Tarik)
- others tbd
Agenda and Minutes from past CP calls
For 2015-16, they are collected here: ITI CPs 2015-16-Agenda and Minutes from past CP calls