PCD TC 2008-10-01 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Patient Care Device Domain

Meeting Purpose

Regularly scheduled meeting of the PCD Technical Committee

WebEx Information

Topic: PCD Weekly Tcons

Date: Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York )

Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

1. Agenda Approval
2. Review of minutes for 2008.09.03 and 2008.09.22
3. Connectathon Update
4. F2F Update
  • TC Agenda
  • DPI Sessions: Thursday Afternoon & Friday (incl. Locations)
5. Update Action Items
6. ISO TC215 Update on IHE WI
  • TR283800 Approved!
  • Harmonization of wiki & web pages needed
7. AHIC/HITSP Update
- Especially T73 section 2.1.2
  • A2: CDC & CDT
  • "SoA" & the Foundations TC/Framework Review WG
8. IHE DCC Update
  • Proposed Domain Calendar Changes: Publish on 2009.05.15?
  • Domain TF Webpage harmonization ( ITI TF webpage organization)
  • Anticipated Cycle 4 Supplements & White Papers (ACM, PIV, RTM, DPI, WFM, MEM, device specializations, v3 Clinical Statements Templates, ...) - 10 to 12?!
Profile Proposal Submission Deadline: October 15, 2008
  • RE/R+/R2...Update
9. Tooling Update
  • MWB Tutorial scheduled: 2008.10.10 @ 11:00 Eastern
  • Connectathon Rosetta Testing
10. Additional Business

Minutes and Action Items from Previous Meetings

Minutes from previous meetings for review/approval:

Minutes from September 3, and 22, 2008. PCD_TC_2008-09-03_Webex and PCD_PC&TC_2008-09-22_Webex


Action Items from the previous meeting:


Number Action Owner Participants Due Date Status Comments
60 Update TF Todd, Ken 9/22/08 OPEN Meetings have begun. The update will include PIB, SPD. Then it will be released for public comment (September). Todd asked for comments, suggestions. Ken has cleaned up Volume 1 in preparation for updating it.

Todd will ask the IHE Cochairs if the format must be changed to the new format or can be left as is. A Google Group has been established.

62 Incorporate Bar Coding into ADT implementations; which domain is responsible? Todd September 22, 2008 OPEN Can consistency be achieved for bar coding across vendors, domains? Todd has been in contact with HIBCC. Todd will add to Future Topics Agenda of Domain Cochairs.
64 Initiate ACM waveform transmission profile Todd Ken Sept. 22, 2008 OPEN Paul has an approach for reporting multiple numeric values, will be needed for next year’s cycle, moving date to Sept. Todd will check on prior submission to IHE cochairs. Ken has begun writing a brief profile proposal based upon HL7 for waveform communication (WCM) http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Brief_Profile_Proposal_2008_WCM. Todd will contact the ACM cochairs to initiate work on supplement. This is likely to be a stand alone profile that would first be applied to ACM, and the charter should indicate PCD’s desire to eventually support a continuous stream. Todd will add this data type in the TF update to SPD supplement to accommodate waveforms.
66 Prepare profiles for registration. Todd Al Engelbert, John Garguilo, Todd Cooper, Robert Flanders. October 1, 2008 OPEN Need to get a version of PCD-01 in the MWB. PCD likely won’t finalize the application until the TF has been updated following the public comment period. Todd will set up Google Group and Wiki Page to establish a baseline. The PCD will work with NIST for validation. John will contact Peter Rontey for assistance.


67 Weekly NIST Tooling Review/Feedback Sessions John Garguilo Todd Cooper, Jan Wittenber, Paul Schluter, NIST staff October 1, 2008 OPEN Schedule a weekly session to provide review / feedback to NIST on tooling considerations and revisions.
68 PCD White Papers Wiki session Todd Cooper . October 1, 2008 OPEN Create a section in the wiki to support PCD white paper process & development

Participants

Chair/Host: Todd Cooper (Breakthrough Solutions)
Jon Blasingame (Philips), Steve Borchers (Spacelabs), Bikram Day (Capsule), Al Engelbert (B.Braun), Robert Flanders (GE), Chip Furniss (Respironics), Manny Furst (Improvement Technologies), Colin FX (Epic), John Garguilo, John Hotchkiss (LiveData), Mary Kasal (8th Layer Group), Brad Lunde (Cardinal), Steve Merritt (Baystate Health), Monroe Pattillo (Emergin), Jeff Rinda (Hospira), Paul Schluter (GE)

Discussion

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

  • Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

  • Approved minutes from 2008.09.03 TC meeting
  • Deferred approval of the 2008.09.22 PC & TC minutes ~ draft minutes not 100% ready

Action(s):

3 Action Items Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
  • Reviewed the action items table above

Decisions/Issues:

  • #60 change to 10/15
  • #62 change to 10/15
  • #64 change to 10/15
  • #66:
- Change lead to Garguilo
- John sent one of the latest profiles to Pete - there were some significant issues identified that may need further TC discussion
- Goal is to get that working in MWB + NIST v2 tools, then vendor testing ...
- Al will talk with Pete about the specifics of the problems.
- Will identify any TF issues by 10/15 for resolution at the F2F
- Change to 10/15
- What about registration of the other transactions? It is anticipated that the other PCD transactions shall be registered. Will review after PCD-01 is complete.

Action(s):

  • (Todd) Add the topic to the Boston F2F agenda
4 MWB Tutorial Update
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
  • A tutorial for users of the new version of the VA's Messaging Work Bench (MWB) has been scheduled for:
2008.10.10 @ 11:00 - 13:00 Eastern
  • For more information, send a request to Manny Furst.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

5 ISO TC215 Updated
- Todd
Status/Discussion:
  • ISO TR283800 Part 2 has been approved. These work items were submitted to ISO TC215 per IHE International's Liaison agreement, and standardize both the IHE process as well as the technical frameworks that have been developed. It was accomplished in a manner similar to what was done for DICOM, namely a document that includes descriptions and pointers to all the different IHE profiles.
  • As a result of this, each domain needs to make sure that the referenced material is complete and consistent. This includes (from Charles Parisot):
- That the overall listing of IHE profiles (TI and FT) at: http://www.ihe.net/Profiles are correct and up to date.
- That the overall listing of IHE profiles (TI and TF) at: http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=Profiles are correct and up to date. Verify each detailled Profile Description page referenced for accuracy.
- The overall listing of profiles included under IHE Domains at: http://www.ihe.net/Domains/index.cfm are correct and up to date. Verify that each detailled Profile Description page referenced is that available from the Wiki (see above).
- Each Domain name is a link to the decription of the domain and of its scope. NOTE: THOSE descriptions are really weak and inconsistent. I need to produce a one page (max) decription of each Domain and more importan,tly of its scope for the ISO TR28380. This will be the place where the IHE.net web site will be referenced with your specific profiles decriptions.
  • In the PCD, this will be an activity assiged to the Planning Committee

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

  • (Planning Committee) Update the PCD content indicated above.
6 HITSP Update
- Todd & Paul
Status/Discussion:
  • The HITSP Remote Monitoring use case has been published for public comment. See the URLs above (agenda section) for specific document links.
  • Paul provided a brief update regarding discussions around use of PCD DEC profile components for RMON Interface #2. A joint Continua - IHE conference call is to be held 2008.10.02 to determine a best path going forward.
  • AHIC 2 (or A2) has now formalized its board and should complete the transition from the original AHIC relatively soon. Whereas the first group was 100% government funded, A2 is a public/private collaboration.
  • There was no news at this point regarding A2's response to the submitted comments for the Common Device Connectivity (CDC) or Common Data Transport (CDT) use cases.
  • In recent discussions, there has been a strong push to provide some sort of "SoA" type architecture for the HITSP constructs. This is especially true since various other groups have taken these constructs and used them in ways not origionally intended! A task group has been formed to evaluate options and provide recommendations before years end.
  • There is also quite a bit of interest in at least providing a common "wrapper" for all these transactions.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

7 PCD Calendar
- Todd
Status/Discussion:
  • Reviewing the Domain planning wiki page, it was clear that a number of groups have indicated 2009.06.01 as their publication date. PCD offered to move theirs forward 2 weeks to 2009.05.15.
  • There was a general discussion about the anticipated number of supplements we should indicate might be published in 2009. Though the current list is quite long, upwards of a dozen, it was decided that we should indicate 4-6.

Decisions/Issues:

  • Move the 2009 supplement publication dates forward 2 weeks.
  • Declare to the DCC that we anticipate publishing 4-6 new supplements in 2009.

Action(s):

8 RTM
- Paul
Status/Discussion:
  • Paul provided an update on the next revision of the RTM.
  • The plan is to have it "published" by this weekend.
  • There are several units of measurement that need to be reviewed and potentially "voted off the island". Paul will set up a Doodle poll to accomplish this.
  • A review of this new package was scheduled for 2008.10.08 after the weekly PCD meeting.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

  • (Manny) Set up a WebEx for the RTM group on 2008.10.08 at 12:00 Eastern.
  • (Paul) Publish the RTM update by 2008.10.05
  • (Paul) Create a Doodle poll to decide how to handle various UoM issues.


Next Meeting

Joint PC/TC meeting October 15 http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_PC%26TC_2008-10-15_Webex

The next meeting after that will be a joint PC/TC meeting on November 5: PCD PC&TC 2008-11-05 Webex and a TC meeting on November 12: PCD TC 2008-11-12 Webex

There will be no meetings on October 22 or 29 because of conflicting meetings (F2F and HIMSS Showcase Workshop).


<Add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">


PCD Home