PCD TC 2008-11-12 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
Regularly scheduled meeting of the PCD Technical Committee
Topic: PCD Weekly Tcons
Date: Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York )
Duration: 60 Minutes
Please edit, add
- 1. Agenda Approval
- 2. Co-Chair Election Update
- 3. Profile Proposal Review
- 4. Review of minutes for ...
- 5. "Transaction Packages" Update
- 6. TF / Profile Change Proposal Review
- 7. Set date for next meeting.
- 8. Additional Business
Minutes and Action Items from Previous Meetings
Action Items from the previous meeting:
Number Action Owner Participants Due Date Status Comments 60 Update TF Todd, Ken John Rhoads October 15, 2008 OPEN Meetings have begun. The update will include PIB, SPD. Then it will be released for public comment (September). Todd asked for comments, suggestions. Ken has cleaned up Volume 1 in preparation for updating it.
Todd will ask the IHE Cochairs if the format must be changed to the new format or can be left as is. A Google Group has been established. Distribute the updated TF for use in this cycle’s implementation for the Connectathon. John Rhoads will prepare the CP for the TF.
62 Incorporate Bar Coding into ADT implementations; which domain is responsible? Todd October 15, 2008 OPEN Can consistency be achieved for bar coding across vendors, domains? Todd has been in contact with HIBCC. Todd will add to Future Topics Agenda of Domain Cochairs. 64 Initiate ACM waveform transmission profile Todd Ken October 15, 2008 OPEN Paul has an approach for reporting multiple numeric values, will be needed for next year’s cycle, moving date to Sept. Todd will check on prior submission to IHE cochairs. Ken has begun writing a brief profile proposal based upon HL7 for waveform communication (WCM) http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Brief_Profile_Proposal_2008_WCM. Todd will contact the ACM cochairs to initiate work on supplement. This is likely to be a stand alone profile that would first be applied to ACM, and the charter should indicate PCD’s desire to eventually support a continuous stream. Todd will add this data type in the TF update to SPD supplement to accommodate waveforms. 66 Prepare profiles for registration. John Garguilo Al Engelbert, Todd Cooper, Robert Flanders. October 15, 2008 OPEN Need to get a version of PCD-01 in the MWB. PCD likely won’t finalize the application until the TF has been updated and following the public comment period. Todd set up Google Group and Wiki Page to establish a baseline. The PCD will work with NIST for validation. John sent one of the latest profiles to Pete - there were some significant issues identified that may need further TC discussion. Goal is to get PCD-01 working in MWB + NIST v2 tools, then vendor testing. Al will talk with Pete about the specifics of the problems. The goal is to identify any TF issues by 10/15 for resolution at the F2F. It is anticipated that the other PCD transactions shall be registered after PCD-01 is complete. 67 Weekly NIST Tooling Review/Feedback Sessions John Garguilo Todd Cooper, Jan Wittenber, Paul Schluter, NIST staff October 1, 2008 OPEN Schedule a weekly session to provide review / feedback to NIST on tooling considerations and revisions. 68 PCD White Papers Wiki session Todd Cooper . October 1, 2008 OPEN Create a section in the wiki to support PCD white paper process & development 69 Update PCD Calendar Todd Cooper November 12, 2008 OPEN PCD offered to move the TI publication date forward 2 weeks to 2009.05.15. 70 Survey RTM UoM issues Paul Schluter November 12, 2008 OPEN Several units of measurement to be reviewed and potentially "voted off the island". Paul will Doodle poll to accomplish this. A review of this new package was scheduled for 2008.10.08 after the weekly PCD meeting. 71 Ballot to use only L/min instead of that or L for Minute-volume. Paul Schluter OPEN An email ballot is required: The vote to use only L/min instead of that or L for Minute-volume was not resolved. 72 Post Paul's slides from F2F. Manny 11/19/08 OPEN 73 Take the MSH-7 issue to HL7 for review and appropriate action on PAM Todd Dec. 1, 2008 OPEN 74 Address resolution of “Boolean” type arguments within RTM and will include results in Semantic Architecture White Paper. Paul November 19, 2008 OPEN 75 Review IHE.net TF page for accuracy re PCD entries. Todd November 7, 2008 OPEN 76 RTM tests for the upcoming Connectathon, add the test to Kudu. John Garguilo, Manny OPEN We discussed a potential approach of how to validate messages and record them (in Kudu) for this current cycle (i.e., 2008-09). This approach could be used for the Pre-Connectathon, Virtual-Connectathon, and Connectathon. To accommodate the RTM profile, which has no transactions, it was discussed to simply use the IHE-PCD PCD-01 transaction and a selected (set of?) test case(s) defined in the last cycle (2007 – 08) with a decided upon updated set of specific parameters. 11/5/2008
77 Ask HL7 to address gaps in v3 that affect PCD's ability to develop extensions to PIV. Ken Fuchs Jeff Rinda, Gary Meyer OPEN 78 OPEN OPEN
- Chair/Host: Todd Cooper (Breakthrough Solutions)
- Alex Beechie, Jon Blasingame, Rick Cnossen, Brett Cohen, Bikram Day, Chip Furniss, John Garguilo, John Hotchkiss, Steve Merritt, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Jan Wittenber, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda approved
2 Approval of Minutes
- Minutes from the F2F remain to be approved, as are minutes of October 1 and October 15.
- Minutes from the Joint PC/TC meeting November 5 remain to be approved.
3 Brief Profile Proposals
- Brief Profile Proposals and Proposals for White Papers have been updated and now ready for review. They are listed at http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Proposals_2009-2010 The page contains links to each proposal.
- Brief Profile Proposals
- Real Time Archival is now Query for Bulk Data (QBD)
- Waveform Communication Management (WCM)
- (DPI-DnA) DPI/Discovery and Association
- (DPI-DR) DPI/Data Reporting
- (DPI-SYC) DPI/Symmetric Communication
- White Paper Brief Profile Proposals
- A white paper charting potential directions for DPI (Todd noted that the earlier PnP concepts have been incorporated into this larger effort):
DPI-DnA Announce presence. Jan described his effort to begin identifying communication specs required to accomplish this, and his description is included on that Wiki page. DPI-DR DPI-SYM
- Medical Device Semantic Architecture
- Medical Equipment Management (MEM); the effort will be lead by Steve Merritt. Todd noted that there is a UK HL7 group interested in this area.
- Regulatory Considerations Deploying PCD Profiles
- In addition, work may continue on existing profiles.
- Email ballots will be used to promote those approved for development as Detailed Profile Proposals.
- ICE-PaC is a committee formed to determine how ICE and PCD can collaborate and coordinate.
- ICE is Julian Goldman, MD's program to develop standards and standards based integration (Integrated Clinical Environment)
The next TC meeting will be December 3
<Add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">