PCD PC&TC 2008-11-05 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Patient Care Device Domain

Meeting Purpose

Joint meeting of the PCD Planning and Technical Committees following F2F and HIMSS Showcase Workshop

WebEx Information

Topic: PCD Committee Tcons

Date: Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York )

Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

Please add suggestions here

  • Review Face To Face Meeting
  • Review Minutes
  • Review Action Items, move those remaining to PC or TC
  • Review Showcase Workshop to the extent it will be of interest to the PC or TC
  • Review continued later today at the PCD Connectathon/Showcase WG

Minutes

Participants: Alex Beechie, Jon Blasingame, Linda Chan, Rick Cnossen, Todd Cooper, Bikram Day, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Ken Fuchs, Chip Furniss, John Garguilo, John Hotchkiss, Steve Merritt, Monroe Pattillo, Jeff Rinda, Scott Zaffrin, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst

Discussion

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

  • Approved

Action(s):

2 Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

The minutes of October 21 (PC) and the morning of October 22 (PC & TC joint) were reviewed, corrections offered.

Discussion arising from the review of minutes November 5

  • Manny and Lisa discussed the possibility of a PCD presentation during the IHE CIO meeting held during the Connectathon. It might include an optional, additional panel discussion following the scheduled meeting.
  • Todd is preparing the brief profile proposals for ballot.
  • Steve Merritt will convene a group to begin drafting a detailed proposal for MEM and a white paper for this cycle.
  • Review of the PIV breakout session minutes led to the Decisions and Action Items provided here.
  • Rosetta will be updated to accommodate Syringe and PCA pumps. Paul observed that the TF may need additional elements. Todd responded that it was addressed in the model. Paul/RTM WG will respond. RTM will also look at piggyback. Khalid will check with Gary Meyer re HL7 adances in Europe
  • The IHE may be developing a glossary. The PCD should contribute to, or develop its own.
  • The IHE.net/pcd page needs work.
  • IHE Compliance: at the F2F Didi said PCD could continue to invite non-IHE members to PC, TC meetings, but discourage this as a long term approach. She encrouraged PCD to hold a webinar to recruit PCD participants to join IHE. Discussion on Nov. 11 indicated this was not likely to be productive. PCD to explore alternatives.
  • The TF is in Trial Implementation stage. The IHE TF page may not be consistent with developments.
  • With regard to RTM validation testing, John Garguilo referred to the need to include requiring the receiving system or a third party observer to validate message consistency with RTM. This could be achieved in a future Connectathon using an off-the-shelf network sniffer. The captured message can subsequently be validated for Rosetta Mapping by NIST v2 test tools or with the MWB. The likely approach for the current cycle would involve the receiver forwarding the received message to a validation engine. John noted that Gazelle intends to support this validation functionality in the future. Manny and John will discuss the test and adding the test to Kudu. Paul noted that the ideal is for consumers to check received messages.
  • International interest in pharmacy interoperability is beginning to look at devices. Didi and Todd indicated there are requirements that cannot be met in the current version of v3.

Decisions/Issues:

  • Approval of PC portion of minutes (full day Oct. 21, half day joint Oct. 22) deferred
  • Approval of TC portion of minutes (morning Oct. 22 joint, remainder of meeting) deferred
Review of TC portion afternoon Oct. 22, morning Oct. 23, deferred
  • Syringe pump will be out of scope for the next cycle. PCA will be considered in the future.

Action(s):

Action items from the October 21, morning October 22 meeting that were not altered or discussed on November 5 are provided here for easy reference

  • PC: Todd to make sure Polycom will work toward open transactions going forward.
  • TC: Todd was to learn the process of managing Change Proposals - accomplished during the meeting.
  • PIV: Jeff Rinda to write change proposal for PIV Trial Implementation version including
elimination of the second ACK
other minor editorial suggestions that have been received
update to reflect changes from v2.5 to v2.6 (capture tables and field descriptions from new TF based on v2.6 documentation). Relevant changes include
OBX-20-25
TS datatype changed to DTM
CE changed to CNS or CWE (3 additional fields above CE)

Action items from the TC meeting that were not reviewed due to lack of time are provided here for completeness

  • Manny to request updated list of those members eligible to vote during the F2F from LaVerne.
  • TC: An email ballot is required: The vote to use only L/min instead of that or L for Minute-volume was not resolved.
  • TC: Manny to post Paul's slides.
  • TC: Todd will distribute the updated TF for use in this cycle’s implementation for the Connectathon.
  • Connectathon WG: Paul to call attention to the outcome of the vote to make RTM normative for OBX-3 for all that matches within the tables at the next WG meeting. Validation requires conformance with his tables in RTM.ValidationNotes.1d.doc (Case 1.1 – 1.3 are mandatory and others include warnings). This applies to all PCD profiles starting with the 2009 Connectathon.
  • TC: John Rhoads will prepare the CP for the TF.
  • TC: Todd will take the MSH-7 issue to HL7 for review and appropriate action on PAM by Dec. 1.
  • TC: Paul will address resolution of “Boolean” type arguments within RTM and will include results in Semantic Architecture White Paper. Due mid-November.

Action items from the October 21, morning October 22 meeting relating to Action Items that were altered or added on October 5

  • PC: Manny to follow up with Didi, Lisa regarding PCD recruiting during Connectathon.
  • PC: Todd to complete Brief Profile Proposal Wiki pages and prepare ballot.
  • PC: Steve's MEM detailed proposal due Jan. 1
  • RTM WG: will respond and prepare for PIV extensions. RTM will also look at piggyback. Khalid will check with Gary Meyer re HL7 advances in Europe.
  • PC: Contribute to, or develop a glossary.
  • PC: Todd will review the IHE.net/pcd page. Due 11/7.
  • PC: Consider how to move non-IHE members to membership.
  • TC: Todd to review IHE.net TF page for accuracy re PCD entries. Due 11/7.
  • TC: Manny and John will discuss RTM tests for the upcoming Connectathon and adding the test to Kudu.
  • TC: Jeff, Gary Meyer added to Ken's effort to ask HL7 to address gaps in v3 that affect PCD's ability to develop extensions to PIV.



Next Meeting

The next meetings:

Technical Committee November 12 PCD TC 2008-11-12 Webex
Planning Committee November 19 PCD PC 2008-11-19 Webex

<Add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">


PCD Home