PCD PC&TC 2008-09-22 Webex
This meeting replaces individual PC and TC meetings of September 17 and 24
Joint Meeting of the PCD Planning and Technical Committees
Topic: PCD Committee Tcons
Date: Monday, September 22, 2008
Time: 2 pm, Eastern Time (New York )
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1 Summary and discussion of last week's meetings:
- Vancouver Joint ISO / IEEE / HL7 11073
- CIMIT/"ICE" Meetings
- 2 Plan the F2F meeting
- 3 Update on Brief Profile Proposals:
- ACM Open Issues
- PIV Open Issues
- RTM Open Issues
- MEM Status
- DPI Profile Update
- Review ITI process for white papers - Todd
- WCM Profile Update "Waveform Communication Management"
- wiki pages review
- 4 Connectathon and Showcase Planning
- 5 AHIC "Common Device Connectivity" Public Feedback discussion
- 6 HITSP RMON Update
- 7 IHE International
- 8 New Business
Minutes and Action Items from Previous Meetings
Minutes from previous meetings for review/approval are postponed until the next meeting of the individual committees. They are available at the past meeting.
Action Items from the previous meeting are postponed until the next meeting of the individual committees. Links to these next meetings are found at the bottom of this page.
- Chair/Host: Ken Fuchs & Todd Cooper
- Steve Borchers, Maria Cherkaoui, Steve Dain, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Manny Furst, John Garguilo, Sandra Martinez, John Rhoads, Scott Zaffrin
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
2 Approval of Minutes
3 Action Items Review
- Manny & Todd
- Thursday afternoon & Friday (2008.10.23 & 24) Added for post-F2F DPI working sessions
- Manny reminded the group that they need to indicate their intention to attend.
- Didi will join for a portion of the meeting.
5 ICE Meeting Report
- Ken, Chair
- ASTM F29 / "ICE" (Integerated Clinical Environment) Meeting, held at CIMIT 2008.08.15 - 19
- Ken Fuchs attended the meetings as a member of the ICE team; additional participants included Dr. Goldman, Rick Schrenker, Sandy Weininger (FDA via telecon), Tracy Rausch (DocBox), Dave Arnie (UofPenn), and individuals from Draeger and Draper Labs.
- Goal of the meeting was to complete a draft of the top level document for ASTM ballot in the October timeframe.
- This document makes arguments for, defines requirements of this environment, and provides a conceptual model.
- Changes in this latest draft include...
- - Stronger focus on requirements
- - Inclusion of an annex containing the use cases from which the requirements were derived
- - Addition of a Rationale annex
- This document provides use cases and requirements that could be used in developing the PCD DPI profiles.
6 Vancouver Meetings
- Joint HL7 / IEEE 11073 / ISO TC215 WG7 meetings were held in Vancouver 2008.08.14 - 19
- Joint Initiative Council ("JIC") / ISO TC215 WG9 - Forming a terminology Subcommittee. Effort will be made to ensure that medical device semantics (both 11073-1010x/11073-10201 & RTM mappings/constraints) will be factored into their activities.
- UCUM - Currently the specification is not standardized; however, it was agreed by Gunther Schadow (Regenstrief Institute; author / maintainer of UCUM), to submit it to ISO TC215 for formal standardization.
- Reviewed several potential HL7 v3 projects are being considered and should be aligned with PCD profiling activities as well:
- Mapping from 11073 Semantics => HL7 v3 RIM (esp. Clinical Statement templates)
- v3 General Observation Request/Event (joint with OO & others)
- Anesthesia Record - Joint with Anesthesia WG (GAS)
- Infusion Order Use Case - addresses verification of order - in v.3 for Point of Care. Will be discussed further at F2F.
- John, Sandra, Maria provided update on NIST Tooling:
- Terminology tooling includes checkinig of RTM constraints; a term tool would allow users to add update. NIST will develop web based application.
- Provided a tooling strategy update - from device content generated in ICS, to HL7 v.2, to Rob Snellick's tools.
- Building context (RTM criteria) files.
- Sandra provided update on ICS generator enhancements for PHR.
- An ICS Generator feedback session was held; the plan is to schedule
- Peter Hendler's work using CDA to save/store HL7 v3 information in a database (Kaiser-Permanente Project):
- They have a large number of pulmonary function tests in the database.
- This work is now being factored into the HITSP NHIN development efforts
- A new working group has also been formed based on this and other work: RIM Based Application Architecture (RIMBAA)
- Discussions with Continua intended to lead to proposal on HITSP RMON/Interface #2.
- (Garguilo) Provide an update at the Boston F2F
- (Garguilo) Schedule a weekly session to focus on developing & reviewing test tooling
7 PCD White Papers
- Todd suggested several possible white papers that would indicate future directions for profile development:
- - Device Point-of-Care Integration Architecture
- - Medical Device Semantic Architecture
- - IHE PCD Regulatory Considerations
- Outlines will be presented at the F2F.
- Todd is researching the IHE process for white papers
- (Todd) Create a wiki section for PCD white papers
- (Todd) Add Boston F2F agenda item for white paper discussion (as well as other items from the ITI TF webpages wiki page)
8 Connectathon / Showcase Planning
- Manny has sent out various e-mails to the group
- Will flesh out scenarios at the workshop end of October
- This year, PCD should be able to have most details solidified by the end of October
- This year, it will be a PCD scenario ... not the overall scenarios from previous years
- if you have been to 2 workshops in the past - you can attend "remotely" ... new wrinkle!
- - Not attending is NOT an option
- Registration? currently have registration from B.Braun, Cardinal, Epic, Draeger, Hospira, Livedata, Philips .... (expect. GE)
- Spacelabs & Welch Allyn will not be participating this year.
9 AHIC CDC Use Case Update
- Todd submitted comments from the PCD (based on a WebEx session) to the AHIC for the Common Device Connectivity (CDC) "map/gap" extension document.
- The submitted comments included a general summary from the WebEx sesison + the formal comments submitted by Respironics (Chip Furniss & Richard Roa).
Minutes approved by the PC on Octobler 8: Planning Committee - October 8, 2008
Minutes approved by the TC on _______________