PCD TC 2008-09-03 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
Regularly scheduled meeting of the PCD Technical Committee
Topic: PCD Weekly Tcons
Date: Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York )
Duration: 60 Minutes
- Review of minutes of August 6
- Update Action Items
- Technical Framework Update Status
- Profile - Connectathon Update Status
- F2F meeting planning
- IHE International Update
- HL7/IEEE/ISO Vancouver Meeting - Issues to be Discussed
- Tool Development Update
- Terminology Model Status Update
- New Business
Minutes and Action Items from Previous Meetings
Minutes from previous meetings for review/approval:
- Minutes from August 6, 2008 http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_TC_2008-08-06_Webex. The August 20 meeting was cancelled.
Action Items from the previous meeting:
Number Action Owner Participants Due Date Status Comments 60 Update TF Todd 8/27/08 OPEN Meetings have begun. The update will include PIB, SPD. Then it will be released for public comment (September). Todd asked for comments, suggestions.
Todd will ask the IHE Cochairs if the format must be changed to the new format or can be left as is. A Google Group has been established.
61 Add ACK to SPD - Al will send Paul a suggestion and the update should be available the end of July. Paul Al Engelbert 7/24/08 OPEN Al will clarify the ACK in the TF and this will address the issue – because acknowledgement for all PCD-01 and PCD-02 transactions will require original ACK. Al said the TF update will address this issue. 62 Incorporate Bar Coding into ADT implementations; which domain is responsible? Todd Aug. 20, 2008 OPEN Can consistency be achieved for bar coding across vendors, domains? Todd will add to Future Topics Agenda of Domain Cochairs. 64 Initiate ACM waveform transmission profile Todd Ken Sept. 3, 2008 OPEN Paul has an approach for reporting multiple numeric values, will be needed for next year’s cycle, moving date to Sept. Todd will check on prior submission to IHE cochairs. Todd will contact the ACM cochairs to initiate work on supplement. This is likely to be a stand alone profile that would first be applied to ACM, and the charter should indicate PCD’s desire to eventually support a continuous stream. Todd will add this data type in the TF update to SPD supplement to accommodate waveforms. 65 Prepare profiles for registration. Todd Al Engelbert, John Garguilo, Todd Cooper, Robert Flanders. October 1, 2008 OPEN Need to get a version of PCD-01 in the MWB. PCD likely won’t finalize the application until the TF has been updated following the public comment period. Todd will set up Google Group and Wiki Page to establish a baseline.
- <Add links to discussion materials here for review before the meeting, or that are added during the discussion>
- Chair/Host: Todd Cooper, Breakthrough Solutions, Inc.
- Jon Blasingame, Bikram Day, Lee Castiglioni, Todd Cooper, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, John Hotchkiss, John Rhoads, Paul Schluter, Ray Zambuto, Manny Furst
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
2 Approval of Minutes
3 Action Items Review
- 60: Add Ken as owner. Ken has cleaned up Volume 1 in preparation for updating it. Change date to Sept 17
- 61: This should not be needed since there is an implied requirement for HL7 messages to have acknowledgements to unsolicited messages. Close
- 62: Todd will add this to the Domain Cochairs work list. Todd has been in contact with HIBCC. Change to Sept 17
- 64: Ken has begun writing a brief profile proposal based upon HL7 (Wiki page for PCD WCM) Change date to Sept. 17
- 65: Close
- 66: PCD-01 Profile Registration Al Engelbert, John Garguilo October 1 Update the Profiles, working with NIST in preparation for validation There’s a Wiki page for use in developing this. John will contact Peter Rontey for assistance.
- #62: Todd will add this to the Domain Cochairs work list.
- #66: John will contact Peter Rontey for assistance.
4 Connectathon Update
- 2 companies have registered. Deadline is Sept. 30, including delivery of application, payment. Connectathon/Showcase WG will begin meeting at about that time. ACM testing will include Philips Emergin, Philips Monitoring, Draeger, LiveData.
5 Test Tool Development
- John Garguilo
- Recent enhancements are tied to the PHD. Ventilator and Infusion Pump semantic content profiles will be added. The tool will permit uploading a profile and messages for validation. A second effort is development of a general tool in support of RTM. This will permit searching and adding a new MDC term, hopefully to be tied to IEEE approved terms. NIST is working with Paul to determine how to validate this coding, and this will be on the agenda for the Vancouver meetings.
6 HITSP RMON
- Discussion of home health hub – Continua is looking at a simple light weight Internet connection, rather than PCD-01. That approach would not scale to more complex devices such as a ventilator. Today’s conference call will set the stage for tomorrow’s call with HITSP. This comes down to having a single interface capable of handling simple and complex devices or having two.
7 Next Meeting
- Date of next meeting: may be changed, may be combined with the following week’s PC meeting due to conflict with the Vancouver standards meeting.
The next meeting was originally scheduled for September 17. That meeting is cancelled. A Joint PC/TC meeting will take place September 22 at a time to be determined. Please refer to that meeting page http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_PC%26TC_2008-09-22_Webex for the meeting time.
(Reviewed & approved by PCD TC 2008.10.01)