PCD PC&TC 2011-03-02 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
Joint PC and TC Meeting
Topic: PCD Planning and Technical Committees Joint Webex Meeting
- Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time
Date: Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1. Agenda Approval
- 2. Review Discussion Summaries:
- 3. Showcase - surveys will be distributed; additional survey of availability later
- 4. Face-to-face in Boca Raton first week in May
- 5. AAMI Mini-Showcase June 25-27 San Antonio
- 6. Cycle 6 Profile Proposals - Updates
- Starting up meetings - alternate slots Mon 3-4 (ICE-PAC) Thur [11-12:30]
- 7. Existing Profile Updates
- 8. Action Item Review
- 9. Next and Recent Meetings
- 10. Additional Business
- 11. Next Meetings
Action Items from Previous Meetings
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
- Chair: John Rhoads
- Terry Bettis, Bikram Day, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Brad Lunde, Khalil Maalouf, Steve Merritt, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Erin Sparnon, Scott Zaffrin, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst
Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda approved
2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Discussion Summaries of previous meetings were accepted with changes to be made to PC as noted below.
- Discussion Summaries:
- Previous meetings notes accepted. PC – format Action Items, add descriptions for last two. TC accepted as is.
3 Agenda Items
- As Noted
2. Discussion Summaries:
- John Rhoads introduced the Domain Coordinating Committee’s proposal to change the way Profiles are developed that includes a Review Board. There are concerns about delays, membership of the review board, etc. The DCC will develop this and submit it to the IHE Board.
3. Showcase: Manny summarized yesterday's meeting, noted that surveys will be sent to learn about participants' perceptions and lessons learned. Discussion will continue next week.
4. Face to Face in Boca Raton: Manny to survey possible move to second week in May. Either way the meeting will be four days. John Garguilo will contact Florida International University to coordinate any joint meeting. The consensus is to meet Tuesday through Friday.
5. AAMI Mini-Showcase: Manny requested volunteers to participate. With limited space participation may become limited to those first to volunteer. Discussion will continue next week.
6. Cycle 6 Updates: John Rhoads asked if there were to be changes to meeting schedules.
- ACM: will continue to meet as scheduled.
- PIV: will meet as needed, likely one before the F2F.
- MEM Location Tracking: will continue to meet on Friday.
- MEM Cybersecurity: will meet again after the Public Comment Period closes.
- RTM: Will likely continue as scheduled (Paul was not present).
- Really Consistent Time (WP): Would likely meet in advance of ADQ. A leader has not been identified.
- Asynchronous Data Query: Participants will likely be the same people as RCT. Manny to poll volunteers and ask whether these should be sequential.
- PCIM: Todd may lead. Start deferred.
- DPI: Discussion of specifying device profiles to make NIST test tools more valuable will continue on Thursdays. Jan will likely continue leadership.
7. Existing Profile Updates: John Rhoads encouraged participants to contribute to the Connectathon Lessons Learned Wiki page.
8. Action Items Deferred.
11. The TC will meet next Wednesday (see link below)
- Manny to survey possible move to second week in May.
- Manny to poll volunteers and ask whether whether Really Consistent Time (WP) and Asynchronous Data Query should be sequential.
The next meetings are:
TC March 9, 2011 PCD TC 2011-03-09 Webex
PC March 16, 2011 PCD PC 2011-03-16 Webex