PCD TC 2011-02-09 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
PC Regularly Scheduled Meeting
Topic: PCD Planning and Technical Committees Joint Meeting
- Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time
Date: Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1. Agenda Approval
- 2. Review Discussion Summaries: January 5, 2011 PCD PC&TC 2011-01-05 Webex; Technical Committee January 26 was cancelled
- 3. Connectathon technical followup
- What were the issues / ambiguities you found
- Based on Connectathon experience, what sections of Supplements and Trial Implementation Technical Framework are ready to move to Final Text?
- Other "lessons learned" -- please see, and add to, 2011 PCD Connectathon Lessons Learned
- 4. Moving Forward on the roadmap: next steps on Existing Profiles and new Profile Proposals
- 5. Existing Profile and TF Development Updates
- 6. Action Item Review
- 7. Recent and Future Meetings
- - May F2F, May 2-5?
- 8. Additional Business
- 9. Next Meetings
Action Items from Previous Meetings
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
- Chair: John Rhoads
- Jon Blasingame, Todd Cooper, Bikram Day, Al Engelbert, John Garguilo, Sarah Hopkins, Roger Kittelson, Brad Lunde, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Paul Schluter, Erin Sparnon, Scott Zaffrin, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst
Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda approved
2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Discussion Summary of previous meeting was accepted
- It was noted that PIM is used by ITI. The acronym will be PCIM for Point of Care Identity Management
3 Agenda Items
- As Noted
3. Connectathon Technical Followup:
- John Garguilo:
- - Some vendors used preconfigured messages. This won’t work in the future when dynamic testing is implemented and messages will be real time (won’t be able to stop, configure, start). The PCC, in PIX/PDQ in Pre-Connectathon tests tools are currently available.
- - Some terms were missing in the tool and will be sent to Paul.
- - MSH-3 ACK – test tool may be inconsistent with TF.
- - PID-3.4, 3.5 need to clarify on whether required or optional; there is an inconsistency in the TF. This may need to reflect signing authority in the ADT message in contrast with generating the content.
- - MSH-21 is not required.
- - OIDs for PCD should become required and consistent with IEEE.
- - HL7 in MSH-10 Control ID must be unique across devices. Within an ACK the received Control ID is provided in MSA-2 and the MSH is unique to the receiving system sending the ACK. Todd suggested that PCD can recommend adding some form of system ID to eliminate the need to also look at MSH-3 yet be unique. Al noted that MSH-10’s uniqueness requires MSH-3, so developers should use these rather than modify MSA-2.
- - Testing should show that CT is indeed used on sending, receiving ends.
- - NIST will explore providing logs directly into Gazelle and not require manual cut/paste.
- John Rhoads described the new Wiki page to be used to gather experience and provide guidance for the future. The page is found at 2011 PCD Connectathon Lessons Learned
- Paul Schluter asked if message examples can be added to the TF. John Garguilo noted that he and Julien are beginning work on this. He noted that the Message Workbench can be used with pre-loaded messages.
- Todd Cooper mentioned that there are some tricks to efficiently accessing log files. He asked if it is necessary to anonymize the messages that are posted, finding that vendor identities help prepare for testing. John Rhoads agreed, and indicated that messages inserted into the TF should be anonymous.
- Monroe suggested that Gazelle permit copying to Notepad for viewing, pasting.
- John Garguilo suggested using the Tuesday PCD Connectathon/Showcase meetings to follow up on lessons learned and further development following the Showcase.
7. Next committee meetings will be
- - PC next week
- - Joint PC/TC following the Showcase
- - TC after that
- Will determine F2F schedule next week.
The next meetings are:
Joint PC/TC March 2, 2011
TC Mar. 9, 2011 PCD TC 2011-03-09 Webex
PC Feb. 16, 2011 PCD PC 2011-02-16 Webex