PCD Technical Committee Action Items
See also PCD Technical Committee Closed Action Items page.
To see changes between current and last(or any earlier) versions of the action item list, click the history tab at the top of the page, select versions to compare and click compare command.
Significant recent changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
- 1 Items 60 - 69 Are Closed
- 2 Items 70-79 Are Closed
- 3 Items 80-89 are closed
- 4 Items 90-99 are closed
- 5 Items 100-109 are closed
- 6 Items 110-119 are closed
- 7 Items 120-129 are Closed
- 8 Items 130-139 are closed
- 9 Items 140-149 are Closed
- 10 Items 150-159 are Closed
- 11 Items 160-169 are Closed
- 12 Items 170-179 are Cosed
- 13 Items 180-189 are closed
- 14 Items 190-199
- 15 Items 200 - 209
- 16 Tracking Related Items, 1-20
- 17 Tracking Related Items, 21-40
- 18 Links to PCD TC Meetings
Items 60 - 69 Are Closed
Items 70-79 Are Closed
Items 80-89 are closed
Items 90-99 are closed
Items 100-109 are closed
Items 110-119 are closed
Items 120-129 are Closed
Items 130-139 are closed
Items 140-149 are Closed
Items 150-159 are Closed
Items 160-169 are Closed
Items 170-179 are Cosed
Items 180-189 are closed
No. Action Item Owner Participants Due Open/Closed Description/Update
196 Add PCD specific values to HL7 table 78 John Garguilo February 2022 OPEN From 2016 NA Connectathon. Status is in PCD TF v5 Vol2 page 119 at line 2890, but not in NIST Tool which only supports values from HL7 Table 0078. We can suggest table changes to HL7, John will take this to HL7.
April 21, 2016: Values are in TF. John will approach HL7 vocab group at their meeting in two weeks. Anticipates no issue. If not successful, will add XML table. Set to PC&TC meeting May 18.
- May 18, 2016: Couldn't find the term we wanted to add, please send it to John. Change date to June 1. Should be in Vol 2, reference to table 78. Set to next TC meeting.
- June 1, 2016: Change to July 6 TC call.
- July 6, 2016: Nothing new, set to next TC meeting.
- Aug 3, 2016: Nothing new, set to next TC meeting.
- Sep 7, 2016: Will try to present at HL7, set to Oct PC/TC meeting. Set to Oct meeting.
- Oct 5, 2016: Contacted Vocabulary working group, almost done. Will extend tables with appropriate codes. A simple add to get the changes put in. Set to F2F.
- Oct 12, 2016: Add PCD specific values to HL7 table 78 – pp61 discusses it, we have values not in HL7. HL7: write up proposal for them to approve or not. These are generic enough for other to use them, it is also a way to get some null values in there. Can we create a local table to address it – Yes. We will need to do that for the Connectathon. But was only checked against HL7 table for DEC; need to add a local DEC table. May want to define a write operation as well. Targeting HL7 Jan 2017 to have values added to Table 188.8.131.52.2.5-3. Set due date to Feb TC meeting.
- Feb 1, 2017: Will submit to HL7 vocabulary group. Will present to May HL7 meeting. Review May 17th PC and TC.
- May 17, 2017: Needs some paperwork done and sent, should be done in a month. Review June 21.
- July 12, 2017: Nothing new. Review at Aug TC.
- Aug 15, 2017: No new information, move to Sep meeting.
- Sep 27, 2017: No update, effort to get these formally into HL7. John will contact Ted Klein at HL7, set to Oct TC.
- Oct 5 2017: Validated and put in tool. Contacted Ted Klein, moving forward. Should be completed Nov 29. Set to Dec TC.
- Dec 20 2017: John not available, move to Jan TC meeting.
- Jan 3, 2018: No update, move to Feb TC.
- Feb 7, 2018: John still needs to submit something. Set to March TC meeting.
- Mar 21, 2018: No update, move to Apr F2F.
- April 12, 2018: John not available, move to April PC&TC.
- April 19, 2018: No update, move to May TC meeting.
- May 2, 2018: Work continues, hope to make progress from HL7 meetings. Set to June TC meeting.
- June 13, 2018: No new info, move the joint PC&TC meeting.
- June 27, 2018: John G not available, set to next TC meeting.
- July 25, 2018: No update yet, set to Sept TC meeting.
- Aug 15, 2018: John submitted info to Ted Klein, will need to follow up at HL7 meeting. He can update at F2F.
- Oct 18, 2018: John not available, move to next TC meeting.
- Nov 5, 2018: No new info, next HL& should provide update. Set to Jan meeting.
- Jan 2, 2019: NIST unavailable, set to Feb meeting
- Feb 6, 2019: John not here, move to Joint PC/TC
- Mar 6, 2019: John not available, move to F2F
- Apr 25, 2019: John will get it in as soon as he can. Review in June
- June 5, 2019: John not on call, set to July meeting
- July 10, 2019: No change, move to August
- Aug 7, 2019: Checks data validity. John not available, move to next month.
- Sep 4, 2019: No update, move to next month.
- Nov 6, 2019: No update, move to Dec.
- Dec 4, 2019: Review after next HL7 meeting. Move to March.
- March 4, 2020: John not available, move to April meetings
- April 1, 2020: May HL7 cancelled, unable to do anything for now, move to September meeting.
- Sept 2, 2020: HL7 meeting this month, move to F2F
- Oct 8, 2020: No update. Move to February.
- Feb 3, 2021: John not available, move to next meeting.
- Mar 10, 2021: Nothing new, need to talk to Ted Cline. Review after HL7 meetings, set to June.
- April 29, 2021: Found a new way to work on this. They have weekly meetings, so will try to get it on their agenda. Hope to make progress by HL7 meeting week last of May. Review June 2.
- June 2, 2021: John not available, review July meeting.
Items 200 - 209
Number Action Owner Participants Due Date Status Comments 202 MEMDMC CP to make PID and PV1 segments optional Monroe Pattillo Dalibor, John Rhoads February 2022 Open Apr 25, 2019: MEMDMC profile to change via CP to use a message template of ORU_R(as allocated by O&O) which affords it the ability to make the usage of the PID and PV1 segments as optional for MEMDMC use cases. If PID and/or PV1 segments are present they should be populated per the IHE PCD TF. We did this with ACM, so should be able to do so in MEM.
- May 1, 2019: Getting a new trigger event from HL7. We can start testing to this. Won’t make official until HL7 releases new normative. Will need to talk to NIST about flagging this in testing. Set to June TC.
- June 5, 2019: Dalibor not here, move to July meeting.
- July 10, 2019: Nothing new, move to August.
- Aug 7, 2019: HL7 change, NIST tool isn't clear on how to communicate needed info. Add John Rhoads to Participant list.
- Sep 4, 2019: Up to HL7 meeting to communicate MEMDMC msg. Conflict in use of PID segment. MEMDMC needs it’s own trigger. Monroe will send to John G for the agenda. Move to October.
- Nov 6, 2019: At HL7 O&O. They have a huge backlog, will take time. Problem with HL7 standard, a bit of an unstable reference loop. Is it possible to ‘pre-adopt’ the triggers? Yes, if HL7 says they will create them. Move to Dec.
- Dec 4, 2019: Still waiting on HL7. Review in March.
- March 4, 2020: Waiting for HL7. In the queue, not discussed yet. Needs a promoter on the committee at HL7 O&O to ensure it’s addressed. John Rhoads will disuss with a member. Move to F2F.
- Apr 23, 2020 - Once triggers are officially committed by HL7, they can implement it. Monroe isn’t sure should be actually owner of this. John Rhoads talks to O&O a lot. They have a lot to do with limited resources. He will take ownership. Move to next F2F.
- Oct 8, 2020: In HL7 queue, move to February, after HL7 meeting.
- Feb 3, 2021 - Need new MEM trigger to avoid PHI info. Move to spring F2F.
- April 29, 2021: Passed it into HL7 Orders and Observations, out of their hands now. Has Monroe contacted Hans? John will send his contact to Monroe. Set to June meeting.
- June 2, 2021: Monroe sent email to liaison, not reply yet. Move to July.
- December 8, 2021. It is "in the queue" with Orders and Observation WG in HL7. Will try again at January HL7 Work Group Meeting to advance it.
Tracking Related Items, 1-20
Number Item and Relationships Date Added to List Date Closed Description/Update 1
VA proposal on PulseOx - write up details / issues to TC (Ioana S./Greg S.). Provide mappings to x73 of what VA has from LOINC & SNOMED CT - VA to encode (encode all information?)
F2F Oct. 2011 2
DCM (Detailed Clinical Model for Devices) - Develop/provide a publication in a form that will be given to IHE-PCD (Ioana S.) due
F2F Oct. 2011 Oct 5, 2017 Oct 5, 2017: Reviewed at F2F. Unanimous decision by TC to sunset this item. 3 SFT Segment - Desire to include info from pumps, software segment preferred. F2F April 12, 2018 4 5 6 7 8
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Tracking Related Items, 21-40
Number Item and Relationships Date Added to List Date Closed Description/Update 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
See also PCD Technical Committee Closed Action Items page.
Links to PCD TC Meetings
Go to most recent/past meetings or next meeting Category: PCD Meeting
Patient Care Device home