Difference between revisions of "PCD PC&TC 2009-09-30 Webex"

From IHE Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m (→‎Discussion: initial prep)
 
(13 intermediate revisions by one other user not shown)
Line 17: Line 17:
 
:1. Agenda Approval
 
:1. Agenda Approval
 
:2. Review Discussion Summaries: [[PCD PC 2009-09-23 Webex]], [[PCD TC 2009-09-16 Webex]]  
 
:2. Review Discussion Summaries: [[PCD PC 2009-09-23 Webex]], [[PCD TC 2009-09-16 Webex]]  
:3. Oct. 5-9 F2F in Dallas area
+
:3. Announcements
:4. Action Items
+
::* PCD Connectathon Registrations to date
 +
:4. Oct. 5-9 F2F in Dallas area
 +
::* Cycle 5 page has Brief Profile Proposals and Change Proposals [[PCD Proposals Cycle 5]]
 +
:::- Address John Zaleski's proposal
 +
::* Logistics
 +
:::- Limited use of Webex
 +
:::- Email with logistics sent Saturday
 +
:* Next Meetings after F2F - October 14, 21, 28
 +
:5. Added: IHE International update
 +
:6. Added: HL7 meeting last week - important issues
 +
:7. Action Items
  
 
== Action Items from Previous Meetings ==
 
== Action Items from Previous Meetings ==
Line 27: Line 37:
  
 
== Participants ==
 
== Participants ==
'''placeholder'''
 
 
:'''Chair:'''  Todd Cooper (Breakthrough Solutions), John Rhoads (Philips)
 
:'''Chair:'''  Todd Cooper (Breakthrough Solutions), John Rhoads (Philips)
  
: Jon Blasingame, Anupriyo Chakravarti, Todd Cooper, Bikram Day, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, John Garguilo, Jianguo Jiang, Steve Merritt, Gary Meyer, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Paul Schluter, Ioana Singureanu, Nicholas Steblay, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst
+
: Rita Brahmbhatt, Terry Bettis, Todd Cooper, Bikram Day, Al Engelbert, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo,  John Hotchkiss, Jianguo Jiang, Steve Merritt, Gary Meyer, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Paul Schluter, Tom Schultz, Erin Sparnon, Greg Staudenmaier, Sandy Weininger, Scott Zaffrin, John Zaleski, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst
  
 
== Discussion ==
 
== Discussion ==
Line 46: Line 55:
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
:* Agenda approved
+
:* Agenda approved with the addition of Update on IHE International and summary of important issues from the Atlanta HL7 Meetings
  
 
'''Action(s):'''
 
'''Action(s):'''
Line 54: Line 63:
 
| '''Issues with Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes''' <br>- Chair
 
| '''Issues with Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes''' <br>- Chair
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''  
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''  
:* Discussion Summary of previous PC and TC meetings '''placeholder'''
+
:* Discussion Summary of previous PC and TC meetings
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
:*  
+
:* PC summary approved unchanged
 +
:* TC summary approved with one change: consensus was developed on the choices for organizing the TF.
  
 
'''Action(s):'''
 
'''Action(s):'''
 
|-
 
|-
 
| align="center" | 3
 
| align="center" | 3
| '''Announcements''' <br>- Chair
+
| '''Announcements''' <br>- Todd
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
:* PCD Connectathon Registrations to date
+
:* Chris Carr posted updates on patent disclosure process. At this point we can use it; it will go to the Board Thursday. We will review these Monday morning. The most significant item is simplification of the form.
:*
+
:* The articles of incorporation have been completed and submitted to Illinois and to the IRS.
:*
 
:*  
 
  
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
Line 76: Line 84:
 
| '''PCD F2F Next Week''' <br>- Todd
 
| '''PCD F2F Next Week''' <br>- Todd
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
:* Todd: Cycle 5 page has Brief Profile Proposals and Change Proposals.  
+
:* Manny reviewed Connectathon registration information. Todd requested that he learn the extent of IOP and IDCC participation.
:* Logistics
+
:* Manny reviewed F2F registration.
::- Limited use of Webex
+
:* John Zaleski described his Brief Profile Proposal in detail: the need for integration of data from multiple devices and sources with temporal correlation for those sources which can support this requirement, e.g., most point of care devices. The proposal suggests that data can be synchronized through coordinated reporting (query) so they can, to the extent possible, be simultaneous. Ideally, the data would appear in a single transaction, but that is not necessary to provide the benefits of this integration. It was noted that internal device/gateway delays as well as deliberate processing (e.g., time or parameter averaging) provides some limitations. Paul described time stamps help with data that cannot be aligned, but interpolation will be required. John indicated that a query is useful if the data is outside a time window that is deemed acceptable. John will update and add diagrams.
::- Email with logistics sent Saturday
 
 
 
:* Agenda
 
::-
 
::-
 
::-
 
  
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
Line 95: Line 97:
 
| '''Action Items''' <br>- Chairs
 
| '''Action Items''' <br>- Chairs
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
:* 60: Update TF -
+
'''Planning Committee:'''
:* 62: Incorporate Bar Coding into ADT implementations -
+
:* No change
:* 66: Prepare profiles for registration -
+
 
:* 77: Ask HL7 to address gaps in v3 that affect PCD's ability to develop extensions to PIV -
+
'''Technical Committee'''
:* 79: Change Proposals -
+
:*  No change
:* 80: Monitor HITSP’s Work (also on PC list) -
 
:* 82: OID for PCD -
 
:* 83: MOUs -  
 
:* 84: Patient Identity and PCD Messages - 
 
:* 85: NIST Tools for RTM -
 
:* 86: Test Tools -
 
:* 87: IDCO -
 
:* 88: Cycle 4 Supplements -
 
:* 89: Verify process for “public comment” period -
 
  
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
Line 116: Line 109:
 
|-
 
|-
 
| align="center" | 6
 
| align="center" | 6
| '''Announcements''' <br>- All
+
| '''HL7 Meeting Last Week''' <br>- All
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
 
:* Technical Framework Architecture Discussion (Cont'd) (Agenda Item 6): Paul: Continua WAN – Randy Carroll and others are working on extensive document mapping to PCD-01. This includes a Rosetta Containment Hierarchy that will address personal care devices as well as more complex devices. A draft will be available on Thursday, Oct. 8 for the Continua meeting. Paul will attend. Paul is also developing a report to HITSP defining the responsibilities of Continua and IHE PCD. Continua will be responsible for mapping their devices. The hierarchy will be a simple dotted notation with co-constraints from RTM and will be machine compatible. PCD TF changes will be required – two transport issues. Continua wants to use web services which will be added to the TF likely as an annex, and MLLP will be specified behind the firewall, and this will be version 2. This use of web services with HL7 v2 is different than other profiles/domains. Ioana noted that HL7 desires to avoid addressing the transport mechanism. Paul responded that web services will provide additional benefits such as security. He indicated this will minimize the options available, benefiting everyone.
 
:* Optionality: Todd – briefly reviewed PIV optionality – IOC and DOR – will be discussed in more detail in today’s Pump WG meeting.
 
:* Robert is pulling together a GE WG to analyze PAM-lite requirements. Manny requested other interested companies to send their constraints/requirements to Robert who agreed to pull this together in advance of Tuesday’s Connectathon/Showcase WG meeting and bring it to the Wednesday TC meeting for resolution.
 
:* Paul reminded the group of the RTM meeting today and the agenda will include the hierarchy described above.
 
:* ITI-coordination about PAM lite – Manny to attempt a meeting with ITI following Wednesday’s TC meeting.
 
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
 
 
 
'''Action(s):'''
 
 
 
|-
 
| align="center" | 7
 
| '''PCD F2F Meeting''' <br>- Todd
 
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
 
| '''Status/Discussion:'''
:* Todd reviewed the F2F agenda. Manny to follow up with Audrey re participation, and coordinate with John D and Lisa in preparation and at the meeting.
+
:* Last weeks ATL meetings:
 +
::- Dr ,, (Japan) and Dr. Kwak (Korea) are planning for next year.
 +
::- Alarm Trigger: HL7 provided a positive response, but it will be in 2.8. A provisionary assignment may be available before that. Paul will ask Harry for clarification.
 +
HL7 expressed concern about PCD’s processes. For the most part these were addressed on site. Minutes will be available shortly.
  
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
 
'''Decisions/Issues:'''
  
 
'''Action(s):'''
 
'''Action(s):'''
 
  
 
|}
 
|}
  
 
== Next Meeting ==
 
== Next Meeting ==
''The next TC meeting will be September 16, 2009 [[PCD TC 2009-09-16 Webex]] ''
+
''The F2F meetings are next week, October 5-9 [[PCD PC&TC 2009-10-05 to 09 F2F]]''
 +
 
 +
''The following meeting will be a joint PC and TC meeting on October 14, 2009 [[PCD PC&TC 2009-10-14 Webex]] ''
  
''The next PC meeting will be September 23, 2009 [[PCD PC 2009-09-23 Webex]] ''
+
''The next PC meeting will be October 21, 2009 [[PCD PC 2009-10-21 Webex]] ''
  
''The following meeting will be a joint PC and TC meeting on September 30, 2009 [[PCD PC&TC 2009-09-30 Webex]] ''
+
''The next TC meeting will be October 28, 2009 [[PCD TC 2009-10-28 Webex]] ''
'''This will be followed by the F2F meeting the week of October 5 - 9'''
 
  
 
[[Patient Care Device | PCD Home]]
 
[[Patient Care Device | PCD Home]]
[[Category:PCD Meeting]]
+
[[Category:PCD Meeting Archive]]

Latest revision as of 13:49, 17 May 2010

Patient Care Device Domain

Meeting Purpose

Joint Meeting, PCD Planning and Technical Committees

WebEx Information

Topic: PCD Weekly Tcons

Date: Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)

Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

Please add your suggestions

1. Agenda Approval
2. Review Discussion Summaries: PCD PC 2009-09-23 Webex, PCD TC 2009-09-16 Webex
3. Announcements
  • PCD Connectathon Registrations to date
4. Oct. 5-9 F2F in Dallas area
- Address John Zaleski's proposal
  • Logistics
- Limited use of Webex
- Email with logistics sent Saturday
  • Next Meetings after F2F - October 14, 21, 28
5. Added: IHE International update
6. Added: HL7 meeting last week - important issues
7. Action Items

Action Items from Previous Meetings

See PCD Technical Committee Action Items and PCD Planning Committee Action Items pages.

Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

Participants

Chair: Todd Cooper (Breakthrough Solutions), John Rhoads (Philips)
Rita Brahmbhatt, Terry Bettis, Todd Cooper, Bikram Day, Al Engelbert, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, John Hotchkiss, Jianguo Jiang, Steve Merritt, Gary Meyer, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Paul Schluter, Tom Schultz, Erin Sparnon, Greg Staudenmaier, Sandy Weininger, Scott Zaffrin, John Zaleski, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst

Discussion

Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

  • Agenda approved with the addition of Update on IHE International and summary of important issues from the Atlanta HL7 Meetings

Action(s):

2 Issues with Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
  • Discussion Summary of previous PC and TC meetings

Decisions/Issues:

  • PC summary approved unchanged
  • TC summary approved with one change: consensus was developed on the choices for organizing the TF.

Action(s):

3 Announcements
- Todd
Status/Discussion:
  • Chris Carr posted updates on patent disclosure process. At this point we can use it; it will go to the Board Thursday. We will review these Monday morning. The most significant item is simplification of the form.
  • The articles of incorporation have been completed and submitted to Illinois and to the IRS.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

4 PCD F2F Next Week
- Todd
Status/Discussion:
  • Manny reviewed Connectathon registration information. Todd requested that he learn the extent of IOP and IDCC participation.
  • Manny reviewed F2F registration.
  • John Zaleski described his Brief Profile Proposal in detail: the need for integration of data from multiple devices and sources with temporal correlation for those sources which can support this requirement, e.g., most point of care devices. The proposal suggests that data can be synchronized through coordinated reporting (query) so they can, to the extent possible, be simultaneous. Ideally, the data would appear in a single transaction, but that is not necessary to provide the benefits of this integration. It was noted that internal device/gateway delays as well as deliberate processing (e.g., time or parameter averaging) provides some limitations. Paul described time stamps help with data that cannot be aligned, but interpolation will be required. John indicated that a query is useful if the data is outside a time window that is deemed acceptable. John will update and add diagrams.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

5 Action Items
- Chairs
Status/Discussion:

Planning Committee:

  • No change

Technical Committee

  • No change

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

6 HL7 Meeting Last Week
- All
Status/Discussion:
  • Last weeks ATL meetings:
- Dr ,, (Japan) and Dr. Kwak (Korea) are planning for next year.
- Alarm Trigger: HL7 provided a positive response, but it will be in 2.8. A provisionary assignment may be available before that. Paul will ask Harry for clarification.

HL7 expressed concern about PCD’s processes. For the most part these were addressed on site. Minutes will be available shortly.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

Next Meeting

The F2F meetings are next week, October 5-9 PCD PC&TC 2009-10-05 to 09 F2F

The following meeting will be a joint PC and TC meeting on October 14, 2009 PCD PC&TC 2009-10-14 Webex

The next PC meeting will be October 21, 2009 PCD PC 2009-10-21 Webex

The next TC meeting will be October 28, 2009 PCD TC 2009-10-28 Webex

PCD Home