PCD TC 2009-09-16 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
Regularly scheduled meeting of the PCD Technical Committee
Topic: PCD Weekly Tcons
Date: Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
Please add your suggestions
- 1. Agenda Approval
- 2. Review Discussion Summary: September 9 TC Meeting PCD TC 2009-09-09 Webex
- 3. CP Update
- - PAM Lite - Prep. for joint with ITI Thursday
- - IDCO
- - ...
- 4. Atlanta Meeting Preparation (HL7 & ISO/IEEE 11073)
- 5. HITSP Update
- Coordination on Continua-PCD "wan" Scheduling
- Device Connectivity Technical Note - Call for Contributors
- 6. Technical Framework Architecture Discussion (Cont'd)
- Review PIV Integration Statement Slides
- High-level TF Volume Organization
- 7. Action Item Review
- 8. Additional Business
- 9. Next Meeting
Action Items from Previous Meetings
See PCD Technical Committee Action Items page.
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
- Chair: Todd Cooper (Breakthrough Solutions), John Rhoads (Philips)
- David Becker, Anupriyo Chakravarti, Todd Cooper, Bikram Day, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, John Garguilo, Christof Gessner, Jianguo Jiang, Brad Lunde, Steve Merritt, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Paul Schluter, Erin Sparnon, Nicholas Steblay, Scott Zaffrin, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst
Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda approved
2 Issues with Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Discussion Summary of previous TC meeting yielded no changes
3 PCD Profiles Considered for Supplement and White Paper Development
- PAM-lite: attempting to get meeting with ITI tomorrow
- Potential CPs arising as we proceed in the Connectathon cycle: we will accumulate these and address them formally after the Connectathon – making sure that everyone is aware and comfortable with this as testing proceeds. A Wiki will be established for documenting IDCO progress. If necessary the same approach will be used with the other profiles.
- Brief Profile Proposals due the 25th, for PCD, ITI. Next week’s PCD PC meeting will include a review of the proposals received.
4 Discussion of the upcoming Atlanta HL7 meeting topics
- Todd noted the trigger
- Jeff suggested device/patient association
- Christof noted Thursday’s meeting on vocabulary
5 Action Items
- 60: Update TF -
- 62: Incorporate Bar Coding into ADT implementations -
- 66: Prepare profiles for registration -
- 77: Ask HL7 to address gaps in v3 that affect PCD's ability to develop extensions to PIV -
- 79: Change Proposals -
- 80: Monitor HITSP’s Work (also on PC list) -
- 82: OID for PCD -
- 83: MOUs -
- 84: Patient Identity and PCD Messages -
- 85: NIST Tools for RTM -
- 86: Test Tools -
- 87: IDCO -
- 88: Cycle 4 Supplements -
- 89: Verify process for “public comment” period -
- 90: Brief Profile Proposals -
- - Invited participation on Device Connectivity Technical Note
- - Paul indicated there will likely be CPs as developments proceed
- - Manny noted that there is some interest in integration with PCD at the Showcase in some aspect.
- PIV Optionality:
- - Todd reviewed the discussions he has had with Steve Moore. Slides will be posted.
- Todd described two approaches for organizing the TF. Christof and Paul recommended the second option (trees within volumes minimizes the number of appendices) and that was supported by consensus. Todd will explore how that supports ICE and other requirements. Manny to check to see if the requirement for PCD-01 from the DOR to the DOF is clearly written.
- Integration statements are required for each profile. Manny to develop.
- Manny to develop the essential elements of the Integration Statements.
- Manny to check to see if the requirement for PCD-01 from the DOR to the DOF is clearly written.
7 PCD F2F Meeting
The next TC meeting will be September 16, 2009 PCD TC 2009-09-16 Webex
The following meeting will be a joint PC and TC meeting on September 30, 2009 PCD PC&TC 2009-09-30 Webex This will be followed by the F2F meeting the week of October 5 - 9