PCD PC&TC 2009-10-14 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
Joint meeting PCD Planning and Technical Committees
Date: October 14, 2009
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Daylight Time
Duration: Anticipated meeting length 60 Minutes
2. Review of Last Week's Face to Face Meeting Discussion Summary PCD PC&TC 2009-10-05 to 09 F2F
- Action Items
3. Ballot Work Items to Prioritize Development/Retention of Detailed Profile Proposals
- PCD Proposals 2010-2011
- • Asynchronous Data Query (John Z./John R.) (Brief Proposal)
- • Location Tracking (Ken F.) (Brief Proposal)
- • Medical Equipment Management (Steve M.) Brief WorkItem Proposal
- • Query for Bulk Data (Ken F.) (Brief Proposal) (Detailed Proposal)
- • Device to Patient Association **
- • Device Integration Profile(s) (Todd C./Ken F.) (Brief Proposal)
- • Device Integration - General Content Profile (Todd C.)
- • Event Communication (Todd C.) –
4. Other Business
Action Items from Previous Meetings
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
- Chair: Ken Fuchs, Draeger
- Participants: Ruth Berge, Terry Bettis, Todd Cooper, Bikram Day, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Rich Hillman, Sarah Hopkins, Jianguo Jiang, Roy Kerns, Brad Lunde, John Rhoads, Maureen Richards, Jeff Rinda, Paul Schluter, Tom Schultz, Ioana Singureanu, Erin Sparnon, Nicholas Steblay, Sandy Weininger, Scott Zaffrin, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst
Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- The agenda was accepted. It focuses on last week's meeting and the profiles that will be balloted.
2 Approval of Discussion Summary
- Ken led the discussion of last week's F2F. Among the issues which were discussed in detail and brought clarifications or corrections that have been incorporated into the Discussion Summary:
- - Todd noted that the pipeline runs through the introduction of products that implement the profiles.
- - Ken noted that CCHIT or other certification will impact PCD marketing; however that won’t occur until later
- - The question was raised: What is the difference between PHD and Medical Devices? Todd noted that the Koreans are focused on the unregulated personal health / home health devices while the Japanese are focused on the latter (regulated devices).
- - Managing RTM: Todd noted that IEEE is interested in managing this when a sponsor is sought.
- - Correction to Item 6, Thursday
- o the CP for ADT binding – Ruth, Gary will develop a CP
- o change robust to inconsistent because of the need for a single list for status -- add this as a new Action Item
- - Ken noted that ITI did not accept RTLS as a work item.
- - Item 18 Thursday
- - Todd added that certification is very important for medical devices. Todd will talk with Elliot to learn how best to explore this.
- - Friday Item 6: John Rhoads was lead
- Update/correct/clarify the Discussion summary
3 Action Items Review
- Reviewed as part of the summary of the F2F.
4 Profiles to be Balloted
- Ken summarized the various profiles to be balloted for further development.
- Ballot will be distributed when the SOA white paper workitem is available.
- Manny will update and then issue the ballot.
PC meeting October 21, 2009 PCD PC 2009-10-21 Webex
TC October 28, 2009 PCD TC 2009-10-28 Webex