PCD TC 2012-07-11 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
TC Regularly Scheduled Meeting
Topic: PCD Technical Committee
- Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time
Date: Wednesday, July 11, 2012
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1. Agenda Approval
- 2. Review Discussion Summary: Technical Committee June 20 PCD TC 2012-06-20 Webex
- 3. TF Update
- 4. ADQ, POI Public Comment Update
- 6. Cochair Elections
- 7. October F2F
- 9. Action Item Review
- 10. Next and Recent Meetings
- 11. Additional Business
Action Items from Previous Meetings
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
PCD CPs are found at PCD_CP_grid
Chair: John Rhoads
Members: Paul Elletson, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Paul Schluter, Ioana Singureanu, Erin Sparnon, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst
Guest: Mark Thomas (IHS)
Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda approved
2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Discussion Summary of previous meeting was accepted
- - Manny to follow up on posting of presentations at the F2F.
3 Agenda Items
- As Noted
3. TF Update:
- - John Rhoads indicated updating the TF volume 2 is progressing. With CPs accepted by ballot this will go forward without further ballot. John noted that most changes are not technically substantial.
- - Ken noted that the only change is an updated table, removing WCM as a profile. Volume 1 is ready and will be submitted along with volume 2.
- - Paul noted that WCM will be adopted by Continua for LAN communication.
4. ADQ, POI Public Comment Update:
- - John Rhoads noted the public comment period is open until the 14th. There is a question regarding how best to document the responses – where to place the record. John will locate the URL, likely a Google Doc.
5. Co-chair elections:
- - John Rhoads invited additional volunteers.
- - John Garguilo will serve another term if elected and Monroe has volunteered to run for the PC co-chair.
6. October F2F:
- - Co-chairs selected the hotel in Boca Raton, Manny to make arrangements with the hotel.
6. Standards Coordination:
- - John Garguilo will participate in IEEE’s announcement that the nomenclature used in the RTMMS will be publically available.
- - Ken noted that there’s an effort to coordinate with IEEE 802 WG. The concern is that this same WG is working on PAN, Bluetooth, Zigbee for wireless. The concern is to make sure the PCD documents permit flexibility.
7. Action Item Review:
- - Deferred.
8. Next and Recent Meetings:
- - The PC has suggested reducing the number of meetings, moving to one a month except when business requires more (e.g., when developing the profile proposals). John Rhoads noted that this is more than most committees meet.
- - The TC will meet the week before and the week after the PC.
9. Announcements and other business:
- - John Garguilo asked about PCIM. John Rhoads responded that we may have some trial testing not a part of the Connectathon.
- - Manny to publicize the change in PC, TC meeting schedule.
The next meetings are:
PC July 18, 2012 PCD PC 2012-07-18 Webex
TC July 25, 2012 PCD TC 2012-07-25 Webex