PCD PC 2012-07-18 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
PC At the Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time
Topic: PCD Joint Planning and Technical Committee
- Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time
Date: Wednesday, July 18, 2012
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1. Agenda Approval
- 2. Review Discussion Summary: Planning Committee June 27 PCD PC 2012-06-27 Webex
- 3. Standards Coordination
- AAMI Luis Melendez - group working on roadmaps overlapping with MEM
- 4. IHE Board
- 5. Marketing PCD, IHE
- 6. Co-chair Elections
- 7. PC Action Item Review (last done June 27)
- 8. Other Business
- 9. Next and Recent Meetings
- - F2F
- - PC, TC
Action Items from Previous Meetings
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
PCD CPs are found at PCD_CP_grid
- Chair: Ken Fuchs
- Terry Bettis, aul Elletson, Al Engelbert, Ken Fuchs, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Erin Sparnon, Manny Furst
Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda approved (as updated)
2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- - Accepted: Planning Committee June 27 PCD PC 2012-06-27 Webex
3 Agenda Items
- Review of CPs
3. Standards Coordination:
- - Luis Melendez is working on a paper for AAMI to discuss practical aspects of device integration. Concern about potential overlap led Axel to explore collaboration or approaches to minimize unnecessary overlap.
4. Ken attended the IHE Board Strategic Retreat. Discussion included mission, priorities, whether to consider itself an SDO (developing profiles rather than standards) which will permit them to participate in cross-SDO councils. IHE adopted a vision and a mission statement.
- o There was agreement that the domains are doing a good job developing profiles, but there is a need to promote deployment.
- o Discussion of improved funding was also on the agenda.
- - Nothing to report.
6. Co-chair elections:
- - Monroe has accepted nomination for PC co-chair.
7. Action Item Review:
- - Item 137: Testing Commercially Available Systems: Manny to send 1 pm Friday meeting announcement to the PC, TC and Ted Cohen.
- - Manny to add date of last review to agenda.
8. Other Business
- - The Call for Proposals should be available soon.
9. Next and Recent Meetings
- - F2F in Boca Raton at Philips, Hilton Garden Inn.
- o Ft. Lauderdale and Palm Beach airports are both available. Ft. Lauderdale is generally the better choice.
- - PC, TC Schedule is at the bottom of this page.
The next meetings are:
TC July 25, 2012 PCD TC 2012-07-25 Webex
PC August 15, 2012 PCD PC 2012-08-15 Webex