PCD TC 2012-02-08 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
TC Regularly Scheduled Meeting
Topic: Technical Committee Meeting
- Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time
Date: Wednesday, February 8, 2012
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1. Agenda Approval
- 2. Review Discussion Summaries: Joint Planning and Technical Committee January 25, 2011 PCD PC&TC 2012-01-25 Webex
- 3. HIMSS12
- 4. HIMSS Interoperability and Standards Committee:
- 5. Status Reports for Work Items for the TC Cycle 7:
- Schedule/Deadlines: Patient Care Device and Domain Milestones
- - TF implications and Volume 3 (Todd)
- - TF Update Volumes 1, 2 (Ken, John Rhoads) - Lessons learned, CPs needed -- keep those cards and letters rolling in.... Contest: Nominate the Vol. 2 section most notable for improvable obscurity
- - Device Specializations - General Content Profile (Todd)
- - General report from Infusion Pump WG & Device Specialization - Infusion Pump - Pump WG(Todd)
- - Pulse Oximetry Integration with Clinical Applications (Greg and Ioana)
- - Device Management: CMMS - MEM WG(Steve Merritt and Richard Swim)
- - ITI Domain: Device Cybersecurity - MEM WG (Axel and ITI)
- - Pharmacy Domain: Medication Administration Clinical Integration White Paper (Todd)
- 6. Status Reports for Ongoing Projects:
- - Asychronous Data Query (ADQ)
- - Point of Care Identity Management (PCIM)
- - Alarm Communications Management (ACM)
- 7 Proposal Ballot Status
- 8. IEEE / NIST etc. nomenclature work
- 9. Action Item Review
- 10. Next and Recent Meetings
- 11. Additional Business
Action Items from Previous Meetings
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
- Chair: John Rhoads
- Jon Blasingame, Todd Cooper, Paul Elletson, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, John Garguilo, Scott Powell, John Rhoads, Ioana Singureanu, Richard Swim, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst
Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda approved.
2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Discussion Summary of previous meeting was accepted with the addition of Iona to last meeting.
3 Agenda Items
- As Noted
- - Volunteers likely will be docents only for tours that support PCD.
- - Vendors will deliver the scripts, and will need to develop consistent messages in the next few days.
4. HIMSS Interoperability and Standards Committee: Erin indicated that this may focus on ONC and MU.
- - Schedule: John Rhoads pointed out the deadlines (see links in the agenda).
- - TF vol. 3 – no report.
5. Cycle 7:
- - TF vol. 1, 2 – John requested CPs.
- - Device specializations – General – no change.
- - Device specializations – Infusion Pump – F2F planned, PCA included. Agenda will be set today. Today’s meeting may include discussion of how it is used to add new terms.
- - Pulse Oximetry – will start Monday. Iona indicated that subject matter experts will join the meeting.
- - MEM - CMMS: Weekly meeting will be established.
- - ITI - MEM - Cybersecurity: Collaboration with ITI now uncertain. Todd will attempt to discuss the issue with ITI next week at the AAMI standards meeting.
- - Pharmacy Domain, Med. Admin. – no change. Todd indicated this has the interest of the Pharmacy Domain.
John Rhoads invited interested members to join any effort of interest.
6. Status Reports of Ongoing Projects:
- - ADQ: Progress continues. The document is in process and will be in the new format.
- - PCIM: Robert described recent work that focused on bar code. A draft is targeted for Monday. John Rhoads noted that there are many use cases. He referred to the recent BI&T article by Luis Melendez and suggested that the collection of use cases include those discussed in the article.
- - ACM: No report.
7. Proposal Ballots: Manny confident that the ballot passed, but waits for review to be sure quorum requirements were met.
8. Action Items:
- - 82. PCD OIDs & URNs: Change date to April 23.
- - 93. Managing Document Versions: Change date to April 23.
- - 108. Prioritize Escalated Alarms: Change date to Change date to April 23. Todd suggested setting a day aside before the F2F. Manny to ballot the F2F dates – Tues-Fri vs Mon-Tues and devote Monday to the alarm work (ACM WG).
- - 109. Messages Without Patient Demographics: Change date to April 23, will relate to PCIM.
- - 110. WCM Attributes: No report.
- - 113. Containment Issue: This relates to the underlying model and RTM, will be part of volume 3. Close as addressed in volume 3.
- - 116. IDCO CPs: John Garguilo reported that there are discrepancies between what was tested and what was published.
- - 117. IDCO Time Stamp WP: Discussion reflected the difficulties and limitations, but there is a desire that IDCO address this.
The next meetings are:
PC February 15, 2012 PCD PC 2012-02-15 Webex
Joint Planning and Technical Committee February 29, 2012 PCD PC&TC 2012-02-29 Webex
TC March 7, 2012 PCD TC 2012-03-07 Webex
PC March 14, 2012 PCD PC 2012-03-14 Webex