PCD PC&TC 2012-01-25 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
Joint PC/TC Regularly Scheduled Meeting
Topic: PCD Joint Planning and Technical Committee Meeting
- Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time
Date: Wednesday, January 25, 2012
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1. Agenda Approval
- 2. Review Discussion Summaries: PC December 21, 2011 PCD PC 2011-12-21 Webex, TC January 4, 2012 PCD TC 2012-01-04 Webex
- 3. Work Items for the TC Cycle 7:
- - TF implications and Volume 3 (Todd)
- - TF Update Volumes 1, 2 (Ken, John Rhoads)
- - Device Specializations - General Content Profile (Todd)
- - Device Specialization - Infusion Pump - Pump WG(Todd)
- - Pulse Oximetry Integration with Clinical Applications (Greg and Ioana)
- - Device Management: CMMS - MEM WG(Steve Merritt and Richard Swim)
- - Pharmacy Domain: Medication Administration Clinical Integration White Paper (Todd)
- - ITI Domain: Device Cybersecurity - MEM WG (Axel and ITI)
- Schedule/Deadlines: http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=Patient_Care_Device
- 4. Existing Workitems, Cycle 6
- 5. Connectathon
- 6. HIMSS12
- - Docents
- 7. Other Collaborations
- 8. Action Item Review
- 9. Next and Recent Meetings
- 10. Additional Business
Action Items from Previous Meetings
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
- Chair: Ken Fuchs
- Jon Blasingame, Bikram Day, Paul Elletson, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Steve Merritt, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Paul Schluter, Ioana Singureanu, Greg Staudenmaier, Richard Swim, Manny Furst
Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda approved and updated with minor changes
2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Discussion Summary of previous PC and TC meetings were accepted
3 Agenda Items
- As Noted
3. Work Items Cycle 7 Update:
- - TF Volume 3 ballot closed, some comments received and sent to Todd.
- - TF Volumes 1, 2: ready now to include ACM in FT.
- - Device Specializations, General:
- - Device Specializations, Infusion Pump:
- - Pulse Ox: will have a kick off meeting today to develop their plan.
- - Device Management, CMMS: will set up regular meetings.
- - Pharmacy Collaboration on Med Administration: no update.
- - Device Cybersecurity: ITI co-chair no longer a member representative; lost our champion.
Deadlines were reviewed.
4. Existing Workitems:
- - Waveforms – Ken indicated work will resume after HIMSS.
- - ADQ – work continues, focused on core items for the query.
- - PCIM – Robert reported that this is on track using the new template.
- - ACM – only one thing stands in the way of TF FT. He suggested removing PCD-05 to enable placing this in FT. CPs will be available for the Spring F2F.
- - Ken reported it was successful and there were no concerns about completing the tests. Comments from participants: Saturday was “anti-climatic” and the hope is that less time is spent next year. Monday’s Showcase meeting had little import. The consensus is to use an evening for the Showcase meeting and avoid keeping people until Saturday. John Rhoads asked participants to identify changes needed to the TF. John Garguilo noted that IDCO made changes to the Supplement rather than the TF; that will be corrected.
- - Manny requested one or two additional vendor volunteers.
7. Other Collaborations:
- - FDA convened meetings concerning interoperability. One call was on Monday. They are developing a charter to become something of a clearinghouse to coordinate and possibly prioritize the work. A number of SDOs are involved, including UL, ASTM, MDPnP, ISO (AHIMA), MITA, NIST, IEEE, HL7, AAMI, West Wireless, and others. Ken expressed the hope that this will facilitate progress.
- - AAMI’s Healthcare Interoperability Group has published a white paper and will hold a meeting in Feb.
- - DOD asked Dr. Julian Goldman for anesthesiologists’ data requirements. Julian invited Ken’s participation.
The next meetings are:
PC February 1, 2012 PCD PC 2012-02-01 Webex
PC February 15, 2012 PCD PC 2012-02-15 Webex
TC February 8, 2012 PCD TC 2012-02-08 Webex