PCD TC 2012-03-07 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
TC Regularly Scheduled Meeting
Topic: Technical Committee Meeting
- Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time
Date: Wednesday, March 7, 2012
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1. Agenda Approval
- 2. Review Discussion Summaries: Joint Planning and Technical Committee February 29, 2012 PCD PC&TC 2012-02-29 Webex
- 3. Status Reports for Work Items for the TC Cycle 7:
- - General report from Infusion Pump WG & Device Specialization - Infusion Pump - Pump WG(Todd)
- - Pulse Oximetry Integration with Clinical Applications (Greg and Ioana)
- - Device Management: CMMS - MEM WG(Steve Merritt and Richard Swim)
- - ITI Domain: Device Cybersecurity - MEM WG (Axel and ITI)
- - Pharmacy Domain: Medication Administration Clinical Integration White Paper (Todd)
- 4. Status Reports for Ongoing Projects:
- - Asychronous Data Query (ADQ)
- - Point of Care Identity Management (PCIM)
- - Alarm Communications Management (ACM)
- 5. IEEE / NIST etc. nomenclature work
- 6. Action Item Review (Continue after 117)
- 7. Next and Recent Meetings
- - PC next week; TC following
- - F2F in San Diego April 24-27
- - AAMI Mini-Showcase
- 8. Additional Business
Action Items from Previous Meetings
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
- Chair: Ken Fuchs for the TC co-chairs
- Jon Blasingame, Paul Elletson, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Ken Fuchs, Monroe Pattillo, Jeff Rinda, Paul Schluter, Ioana Singureanu, Richard Swim, Manny Furst
Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda approved.
2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Discussion Summary of previous meeting was accepted with change to Jon Blasingame’s comments as focused on Use Case 2 rather than as a general statement.
3 Agenda Items
- As Noted
3. Status Reports Cycle 7 Work Items:
- - Infusion Pump WG meets today and will meet F2F in San Diego for three days March 27-29.
- - Pulse Ox WG met Monday, is pretty much done with workflow and desires more review by PCD. The WG has significant representation from clinicians.
- - Device Communication Management WG is scheduled for weekly meetings on Mondays at 11 ET.
- - ITI Cybersecurity: No action.
4. Status Reports Other Work Items:
- - RTM: Meets today to address 30+ new items for IEEE adoption related to the Edwards device. These will be submitted to IEEE in both the new process and the old. A small group is testing the RTMMS implementation. Paul is also working on updates to the ECG terminology.
- - ADQ: John Zaleski is working on the actual document within the template.
- - PCIM: Robert reported that weekly meetings are working on the draft profile; it should be ready for the F3F.
- - ACM: WG is reviewing the trial implementation, will be ready for the F2F. A WG meeting will take place the day before the F2F.
5. IEEE/NIST nomenclature: see item 4 above.
6. Action Item Review: Postponed.
7. Next and Recent Meetings:
- - TC March 7 then alternating.
- - F2F April 24 – 27, with an alarm meeting Monday April 26 in San Diego at CareFusion.
- - Pump meeting March 27 – 29 in San Diego at CareFusion.
- - WHIT meeting will take place in Denmark.
- As Noted
- - FDA Meeting this Friday: The FDA established a Medical Device Interoperability Council, the members of which are SDOs involved in this effort, NIST. While John Garguilo cannot attend this meeting others from NIST will. The objective of this meeting is to develop the charter and plans.
- - SNOMED has come up in IHE DCC, and domains have been asked how SNOMED has been used in profiles. Licensing issues have come up in countries that don’t have licenses. SNOMED will be used in the new Pulse Ox WG. John Rhoads will respond for PCD.
The next meetings are:
TC March 21, 2012 PCD TC 2012-03-21 Webex
PC March 14, 2012 PCD PC 2012-03-14 Webex