PCD TC 2012-01-04 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
TC Regularly Scheduled Meeting
Topic: PCD Joint Planning and Technical Committee Meeting
- Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time
Date: Wednesday, January 4, 2011
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1. Agenda Approval
- 2. Review Discussion Summaries: Joint Planning and Technical Committee December 14, 2011 PCD PC&TC 2011-12-14 Webex
- 3. Update on Work Item Proposal Ballot
- 4. PCD/IEEE Meeting
- 5. PCD/ITI Collaboration Discussion
- 6. Technical Framework Volume 3
- 7. Connectathon and HIMSS12
- 8. Action Item Review
- 9. Next and Recent Meetings
- 10. Additional Business
Action Items from Previous Meetings
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
- Chair: John Garguilo
- Todd Cooper, Bikram Day, Paul Elletson, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Roy Kerns, Paul Schluter, Ioana Singureanu, Erin Sparnon, Richard Swim, Bryan Tamke, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst
Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda approved '
2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Discussion Summary of previous meeting was accepted
3 Agenda Items
- As Noted
3. Update on Work Item Detailed Ballot: Manny is confident the ballot has passed, but the vote remains to be confirmed. Manny is waiting to learn about eligibility to count several votes. The results will be distributed when available. Comments have been distributed to the subject champion who is expected to address them within the WGs. One negative ballot on one item wa received and Ioana will address it.
4. PCD/IEEE meeting: John Garguilo provided an update on the WG meeting the week after the Connectathon. Discussions are planned on a number of items of importance to PCD. E.g., RTM, harmonizing with ICE-PAC, AAMI/FDA Ad Hoc group on IT interoperability, Upper Layer/Lower Layer status.
5. PCD/ITI Collaboration Discussion: Nothing to report since the December meeting. The focus is on cybersecurity and MEM.
6. TF Volume 3: The ballot to release for public comment is due Jan. 3. It will be released along with volumes 1, 2 following submission and approval of CPs resulting from the Connectathon and rewrites of volumes 1 and 2. The deadline is related to the 2013 North American Connectathon schedule, possibly due in May (date not readily available during the discussion).
7. Connectathon and HIMSS12: Manny provided an update that included:
- - Todd indicated that he and Sungkee will participate in Connectathon Manager Training next week.
- - John Garguilo will lead tours of the PCD testing area Wednesday as part of the Connectathon Conference.
8. Action Items: See below.
9. Next and Recent Meetings: Khalid confirmed the availability of the CareFusion facility for the Spring F2F during the week of April 23. The length of the meeting and the selected days will be determined later. Ken suggested that a day be set aside to review and clean up existing documents.
10. Additional Business: None brought up.
4 Action Items
- As Noted
- - 60. Update TF: Close, open new with cycle. Leads: Ken, John Rhoads, Todd.
- - 66. Integration Profiles: John Garguilo noted making XML files (“performance profiles”) available will be very helpful, and are maintained by NIST. With the availability of NIST’s interactive tool and NIST making the XML files available, this Action Item will no longer be needed. John suggested closing this item and opening a new Action Item for Performance Profiles that would be used with tools such as SPY, MWB. Al suggested that the NIST tool is sufficient. Robert indicated that the XML files, the MWB and the NIST tool are helpful. A new item will be added, with Robert and John Garguilo responsible.
The next meetings are:
Joint PC, TC January 25, 2012 PCD PC&TC 2012-01-25 Webex
PC February 1, 2012 PCD PC 2012-02-01 Webex
PC February 15, 2012 PCD PC 2012-02-15 Webex
TC February 8, 2012 PCD TC 2012-02-08 Webex
The Face to Face meeting will be the week of April 23 (days TBD)