PCD PC 2012-02-01 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
PC Regularly Scheduled Meeting
Topic: PCD Joint Planning and Technical Committee Meeting
- Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time
Date: Wednesday, February 1, 2012
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1. Agenda Approval
- 2. Review Discussion Summaries: PCD PC&TC 2012-01-25 Webex
- 3. Profile/Supplement Development
- - Timetable: Patient Care Device
- 4. Recruiting EHR Companies: Feb. 7 Webex
- 5. HIMSS12
- 6. AAMI Mini-Showcase
- 7. Action Item Review
- 8. Next and Recent Meetings
- 9. Additional Business
Action Items from Previous Meetings
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
- Chair: Ken Fuchs
- Jon Blasingame, Todd Cooper, Paul Elletson, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Bill Hawley, Roy Kerns, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Paul Schluter, Ioana Singureanu, Erin Sparnon, Richard Swim, Vaughan Zakian, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst
Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda approved.
2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Discussion Summary of previous meeting was accepted with correction (MITA instead of MITRE).
3 Agenda Items
- As Noted
3. Profile/Supplement Development:
- - Ken noted that the RTM meeting that follow this meeting today will address codes.
- - SpO2 meeting will take place Monday at 1 pm.
- - Ken referred to the deadlines. Todd indicated that drafts for content review (Device Specialization) are to be ready mid-March.
4. Ken indicated the EHR meeting will take place 3 pm Feb. 7 and an email has been sent.
5. Manny described the HIMSS Showcase floor plan.
6. Manny requested that those interested in participating in the AAMI mini-Showcase send him an email.
7. Action Items: see below.
- - Standards and potentially an FDA Interoperability meeting will take place at AAMI.
- - Ken indicated the April F2F meeting will be four days, TBD.
4 Action Items
- As Noted
- - 71: Recruiting: Add information about the EHRA meeting. We have not had a meeting with the nursing contingent. Erin indicated that the AAMI infusion group will have a document to review in about a month.
- - 72: Press Release: Manny will try again to get a Commercially Available press release out.
- - 78: Stakeholder Survey: Change date to early April.
- - 105: Implementation Guide: John Garguilo noted that HL7 is working on a white paper addressing the some of the same items. Change date to March 28.
- - 107: Clinical System Integration: Todd indicated the white paper with Pharmacy is proceeding. The IHE Board will address overall integration. Close until specific action items with deliverables are developed.
- - 116: Integration Statements: Can these be customized for PCD? Maturity will be an issue as various versions of the TF become available over time. John Garguilo will develop a brief proposal for the Testing and Tools Committee. He suggested that there also be an indication of the version of the test tool used and the Connectathon attended. Paul asked how we might address products that may have limited scope (e.g., gateways). John and Todd will bring this to the F2F. Change date to April 15. Manny to add this to the F2F agenda item: Integration Statement Maturity Index.
The next meetings are:
PC February 15, 2012 PCD PC 2012-02-15 Webex
TC February 8, 2012 PCD TC 2012-02-08 Webex