PCD TC 2010-11-03 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
Regularly Scheduled TC Meeting
Topic: PCD Technical Committee Meeting
- Regularly Scheduled Meeting
Date: Wednesday, November 3, 2010
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
- Agenda Approval
- Review Discussion Summaries: Joint Planning and Technical Committee Meeting PCD PC&TC 2010-10-13 Webex, and the TC portion of the F2F PCD PC&TC 2010-10-18 to 22 F2F and the Joint PC and TC meeting October 27 PCD PC&TC 2010-10-27 Webex
- Ballots in progress
- Connectathon or Showcase updates?
- Any Profile and Work Item Updates?
- Tech Topics
- WCM Discussion Continued from F2F
- Risk Management
- Device-Patient Association
- Event Communication (infusion pump) review
- Action Item Review
- Additional Business
- Next Meetings
Action Items from Previous Meetings
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
Chair: John Rhoads Todd Cooper, Bikram Day, Al Engelbert, John Garguilo, Sarah Hopkins, Alexander Kraus, Khalil Maalouf, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Paul Schluter, Erin Sparnon, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst
Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda approved
2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Discussion Summary of most recent previous meeting (Oct. 27) was accepted
- Todd asked for an update on Clinical System Integration.
- Final Text TF: The ballot will be extended at least through Monday, with only a couple of ballots cast to date.
- Connectathon: John Garguilo noted that his tutorial on the NIST test tool was recorded and the link has been sent.
4 WCM Waveform Attributes
Paul discussed the proposal emailed earlier with the most likely potential solutions. It is available at ftp://ftp.ihe.net/Patient_Care_Devices/Profiles/WCM/WaveformAttrs%201c-20101101.doc
- Option A: This one has a lot of repetitive common components for channels with many of the same attributes. DICOM has a “waveform component group” which addresses this.
- Option B: This groups common attributes, with individual attributes that are not common provided at the facet level.
- - Paul noted that Continua uses a pointer mechanism (handle) to tie related data together (Option B1), and noted that this is not supported in HL7. One way this could work is to provide the attributes within the first item (e.g. an ECG lead) is provided and subsequent items would point to this first one. Paul noted that the repeated portions could be defined as the children of a certain level (e.g., OBX-5 = 18.104.22.168.*).
- - Option B2 is also not supported in HL7 at this time. Khalil asked if an existing filter can be overridden by an individual facet setting in an individual channel (and this would imply option A will work as well). Paul responded that attributes could be overridden or not according to rules that need to be established, noting that this is more complex, but has the benefit of increased flexibility and will be more compact.
- - Alex suggested that this might be added within 11073.
Decisions/Issues: There was apparent consensus that Option B would be used. Paul asked if HL7 would agree without a change to be included in version 2.8, requiring significant delay.
Action(s): Paul will draft an update with several pointer ideas. Discussion indicated that overriding a previously defined attribute will require consultation with HL7 Orders and Observations. If they object this could take two years.