PCD PC&TC 2010-10-27 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Patient Care Device Domain

Meeting Purpose

PC and TC Joint Meeting Following Face to Face Meetings

WebEx Information

Topic: PCD Planning and Technical Committees Joint Meeting

Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time


Date: Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)

Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

1. Agenda Approval
2. Review Discussion Summaries: Planning and Technical Committee Face to Face Meetings PCD PC&TC 2010-10-18 to 22 F2F and the Joint Planning and Technical Committee Meeting October 13 PCD PC&TC 2010-10-13 Webex
3. Brief Profile Proposals
4. Review of F2F meetings
5. Profile Update
  1. TF update
6. Event Communication (infusion pump) review
7. Terminology Update
8. Tooling Update
9. October Meetings
  1. ISO TC215
10. Action Item Review
11. Additional Business
12. Next Meetings

Action Items from Previous Meetings

See PCD Technical Committee Action Items and PCD Planning Committee Action Items.

Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

Participants

Chair: Ken Fuchs, John Rhoads
Terry Bettis, Jon Blasingame, Bikram Day, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Christof Gessner, Rich Hillman, Roy Kerns, Steve Merritt, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Paul Schluter, Greg Scott, Erin Sparnon, Greg Staudenmaier, Richard Swim, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst

Discussion

Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

  • Agenda approved with deletion of Item 3, ACM CP and noting that many items will be addressed within discussion of the F2F last week.

Action(s):

2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
  • Discussion Summary of previous meeting was accepted (October 13)

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
- Ken
Status/Discussion:
  • 6. Ken indicated that he will edit the FT version of volume 1 to address comments provided by Steve Moore. Most are editorial. The TC ballot will remain open, assuming there are no substantive changes.
  • 11. ISO 215 remains, others removed.
  • F2F: see below.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

4 Face to Face Review and Discussion
- Ken, John Rhoads
Status/Discussion:

Face to Face discussion summary was reviewed. Comments, changes, etc.:

  • Additions and corrections are to be made to the meeting discussion summary:
  • Add: Participants in Monday’s orientation.
  • Add: Action Items presently on a Word document.
  • Remove: the parking lot.
  • Add: Monday, Item 4: ONC’s recognition of PCD profiles for Meaningful Use is the desired approach, believing that this will motivate certification bodies to develop the means and processes.

Discussion on the 27th provided these clarifications or explanations to the discussion summary Monday (Ken led discussion),

  • IHE-USA: Ken summarized the development of IHE-USA, noting that IHE PCD members will likely be asked to join the IHE-USA.
  • Roadmap: Ken will make sure the roadmap is posted to the ftp site, noting there are substantial changes. John noted that changes overlap with RDC.
  • PCD name: Ken explained that current usage is the plural for Patient Care Devices, with many Wiki pages and links that would need to be changed to revert to the singular.
  • Integration Statement: John Rhoads, Greg Staudenmaier and Steve Merritt will initiate the task force. Manny will set up a GG for the Integration Statement Task Force.
  • Certification: Ken noted that ONC’s recognition of PCD profiles for Meaningful Use is the desired approach, believing that this will motivate certification bodies to develop the means and processes.

Tuesday morning (Ken led discussion)

  • Manny to ask Elliot if he will lead discussion of Connect (item 2)
  • Manny to poll for time to discuss AAMI funding/sponsorship – should it include ACCE Jon?
  • Manny to update PCD-02 note in item 4; John Garguilo noted that NIST may not have testing available in time.

Wednesday

  • Item 3: add that the RTM for Continua items will be publicly available.
  • Item 4: add Gary will provide an update on DPA
  • Item 4: change Events to Alarm


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

  • Action Items added or clarified today to be entered in the F2F meeting Action Items and following review, added to the appropriate committee or other group's list.


5 Next Meeting
- John Rhoads
  • Wednesday, November 3
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

  • Paul Schluter will lead discussion on WCM issues (see F2F Discussion Summary Thursday Oct. 21, Item 2)
  • John Rhoads and John Garguilo will continue discussion of the F2F.


Action(s):


Next Meeting

The next meeting will be November 3 PCD TC 2010-11-03 Webex

PCD Home