PCD PC&TC 2010-10-13 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
PC and TC Joint Meeting Preceding Face to Face Meetings
Topic: PCD Planning and Technical Committees Joint Meeting
- Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time
Date: Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1. Agenda Approval
- 2. Review Discussion Summary: Joint Planning and Technical Committee October 6 PCD PC&TC 2010-10-06 Webex
- 3. ACM CP
- 4. Brief Profile Proposals To Be Discussed (and possibly balloted) Next Week
- - Event Communication (infusion pump) review
- - Proposals That Were Parked Earlier
- - MEM White Papers: Security, RTLS
- 5. Profile Update (Existing Profiles)
- 6. TF update
- 7. Terminology Update
- - LOINC codes in RTM
- 8. Tooling Update
- 9. October Meetings
- IEEE 11073 + HL7 ... agenda items?
- ISO TC215
- PCD F2F PCD PC&TC 2010-10-18 to 22 F2F
- October 27 will be joint PC/TC Meeting
- 10. Action Item Review
- 11. Additional Business
- 12. Next Meetings
Action Items from Previous Meetings
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
- Chair: Ken Fuchs
- Terry Bettis, Jon Blasingame, Bikram Day, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Ken Fuchs, John Hotchkiss, Roy Kerns, John Leung, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Paul Schluter, Erin Sparnon, Manny Furst
Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda approved
2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Discussion Summary of previous meeting was accepted pending correction of attendance.
3 Agenda Items
- As Noted
- 3. ACM CP: Please see Item 5.
- 4. Work Item Proposals:
- It was noted that interest and priorities change with time. Proposals that were not highest priority in the past may be of greater interest now.
- - RTLS: Briefly summarized, it was noted that there may be more interest this year.
- - QBD: No work has been done. It may be of greater interest this cycle to provide trend data or to obtain asynchronous data.
- - Cyber Security WP: work is underway.
- - Clinical Decision Support: Ken suggested that QBD overlaps and may address this.
- - MEM WP: Steve was not present to describe this.
- - Event Communication: John Rhoads is developing a paper to help this become wider scope in the future.
- - Device to Patient Association: Discussed last week.
- 5. Profile Update:
- - ACM: Profile will be revised for typos, dot notation resolution.
- - WCM: Ken described the WCM discussion at the HL7/IEEE meeting. His proposal to remove grouping was approved. He will update the profile. The waveform class will be OBR and now needs to be formatted.
- 6. TF Update: Attention turns to final text.
- 7. Terminology Update:
- - There’s a proposal from Clem McDonald who is with LOINC to add these codes to RTM. This would provide an integrated table.
- - Oz Systems is using LOINC codes for hearing screening.
- - Continua Board approved terminology for release to its membership. These may be added directly to NIST’s RTMMS.
- - Paul suggested that RTM with its error detection should be “locked down” at some time in favor of hRTM with new entries vetted before addition.
- 8. Tooling Update Deferred.
- 9. October Meetings:
- - IEEE 11073/HL7: Some revisions in process addressing corrections, minor changes. NIST’s RTMMS was discussed and whether IEEE will take responsibility. There was discussion of the Japanese MFER medical waveform and coding rules and the ASTM Point of Care standard. MFER is entirely separate and distinct from IEEE’s coding and may be sequestered. There was discussion of CDA for anesthesia records of device data.