PCD PC 2011-12-21 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
PC Regularly Scheduled Meeting
Topic: PCD Joint Planning and Technical Committee Meeting
- Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time
Date: Wednesday, December 21, 2011
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1. Agenda Approval
- 2. Review Discussion Summaries: Joint Planning and Technical Committee December 14, 2011 PCD PC&TC 2011-12-14 Webex
- 3. Update on Work Item Proposal Ballot
- 4. TF Volume 3
- 5. PCD/IEEE Meeting
- 6. PCD/ITI Collaboration Discussion
- 7. Supplement Status Updates
- Event Comm
- 8. Connectathon and HIMSS12
- - Call for Docents
- 9. Action Item Review
- 10. Meetings - Spring F2F, PC meetings in Jan.
- 11. Additional Business
Action Items from Previous Meetings
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
Todd Cooper, Bikram Day, Al Engelbert, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Paul Schluter, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst
Chair: Ken Fuchs
Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda approved
2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Discussion Summary of previous meeting was accepted
3 Agenda Items
- As Noted
3. Work Item Ballot:
- - Todd added an update to the Medication Administration Workitem: he shared the PCD proposal with the Pharmacy Domain
- - Manny reviewed the ballot response to date and requested additional votes to assure we meet quorum. There are 10 responses (the number eligible hasn’t been determined yet) with none opposed.
4. Technical Framework Volume 3:
- - Todd is preparing the draft for ballot. It will be open until the week after the Connectathon.
- - He started with final text volume 2, moving material from volume 2, adding some material. John Garguilo noted that there is a new template for the TF. Todd recommended remaining with the existing template until the next version of the TF is developed after the Connectathon.
- - John Rhoads requested that additional material be provided in section 2.1.
- - Appendix D is moved to volume 3.
- - He is reserving space for items that have not yet been balloted in sections 4, 5, 6. These include RTM, content modules.
- - Paul asked about the extent of detail and recommended that computable content be provided. Todd indicated that descriptive detail will be in the TF and the actual material will be referenced.
- - John Garguilo asked about content modules bound to profiles and noted that these may vary by use case.
- - Paul noted that channel information is generally not provided for ventilators. It is provided only when context is needed. In Continua it is only used as a wrapper. Todd responded that issues such as this will be addressed after the initial document with existing material reorganized becomes available and review becomes possible.
8. Connectathon and Showcase:
- - ACM meeting this week will address remaining issues.
- - Manny requested additional volunteer PCD docents.
10. Consensus for the Spring F2F: the week of April 23. Khalid will confirm the availability of the CareFusion facility.
No updates offered on other items.
The next meetings are:
TC January 4, 2012 PCD TC 2012-01-04 Webex
Joint PC, TC January 25, 2012 PCD PC&TC 2012-01-25 Webex
PC February 1, 2012 PCD PC 2012-02-01 Webex
PC February 15, 2012 PCD PC 2012-02-15 Webex
TC February 8, 2012 PCD TC 2012-02-08 Webex
The Face to Face meeting will be the week of April 23 (days TBD) PCD Home