PCD PC&TC 2010-03-10 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Patient Care Device Domain

Meeting Purpose

Joint PC and TC Meeting Following the Showcase

WebEx Information

Topic: PCD Joint Planning and Technical Committee Meeting

Discussion of Change Proposals and Review of Other Issues and Actions

Date: Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)

Duration: 60 Minutes

  1. Agenda Approval
  2. Review Discussion Summary: PC -- February 17 PCD PC 2010-02-17 Webex and TC -- February 24 PCD TC 2010-02-24 Webex
  3. Connectathon Follow-Up Discussion - will be deferred
  4. Review Showcase
- Experience and Lessons Learned survey to come
- Need to submit data leading to budget in two weeks
- AAMI Mini-Showcase
5 Spring F2F Update
6 Carried-over issues from Continua harmonization Change Proposals - Paul Schluter
  1. Pump Summit - fuller discussion when everyone available after HIMSS
  2. Waveform Communication Management review
  3. Action Item Review
  4. Additional Business
  5. Next Meetings

Action Items from Previous Meetings

See PCD Planning Committee Action Items and PCD Technical Committee Action Items pages.

Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

Participants

Chair: Todd

Terry Bettis, Jon Blasingame, Todd Cooper, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Christof Gessner, John Leung, Steve Merritt, Gary Meyer, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Paul Schluter, Erin Sparnon, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst

Discussion

Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

  • Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 Issues with Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
  • Discussion Summary of previous PC and TC meetings were accepted

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Change Proposals
- Paul
Status/Discussion:
  • Change Proposals, listed below, were discussed at previous meeting PCD TC 2010-02-10 Webex.
  • Time synchronization is being expanded with additional use cases. The OBR-4 issues are more complex and remain unresolved. Todd noted that this was discussed at the pump summit. Al noted that Ruth’s CP presents a conflict. Paul said that may be resolved by not requiring an order. Gary noted it is a CWE data type, the third element is the coding type and might be used as the identifier (device or response type). Paul noted it could be a SNOMED data type. Todd suggested issuing the CP and soliciting suggestions.
1. Universal Service Identifier in OBR-4 documents current practice.
2. Mapping EUI-64
3. Time of the interval in OBR-7, OBR-8
4. Reporting measurement status (OBX-8, OBX-11)
5. System model and manufacturer
6. WAN OBX-4
7. Reporting Time Synchronization
8. WAN Transport – Web Services

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

4 Connectathon, HIMSS10 and HIMSS11 Showcase and AAMI Mini-Showcase
- Manny
Status/Discussion:
  • 2010 N A Connectathon discussion deferred until after discussion in the WG.
  • HIMSS10 Showcase: The Showcase generally went well. Detailed discussion deferred until after discussion in the WG.
  • HIMSS11: Early discussion with specific discussion to follow next week in preparation for providing Lisa and Elli with budget information:
- To ensure vendor visibility we may need another wall.
- Jon suggested that docents hand off/include to vendors in discussion/presentation. This would be a team effort. Todd noted that early years were company focused, then docent focused. This year there were clinical scenarios and subject focused. Al supported the interactive model. Gary suggested that walls would be broader in scope, including other domains in the story. He would like to see the “wow” factor accompanying the EMR story. He noted that Wall 1 (Continua -> PCD) did not have the wow factor. He suggested that integrating another domain would add this element on some walls – e.g., a patient from a radiology station would enter PCD. He noted that coordination will take more time and interaction to make this happen. Todd noted the PCC Perinatal profile. Gary also suggested that device parameters can be changed, leading to alarms, etc. Paul suggested that neonatal and cardiology could be separate/additional stories. Paul noted that the Continua/PCD demonstration went well. Todd suggested that integration with other pods will add to the effectiveness of the demonstration.
  • AAMI Mini-Showcase: AAMI is providing a 10 x 20 booth adjacent to the ACCE booth. In effect we have a collaborative 10 x 30. Participation does not require exhibit hall fees, so costs will be minimal (possibly network, electrical, etc.). ACCE has offered $2000 to support the demonstration. Manny will solicit participation and offer some thoughts on possible implementation.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


5 Update on Profile Development Status/Discussion:
  • WCM: Is out for TC comment for three weeks.
  • Event Communication - Content Profile

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

6 Action Items
- Chairs
Status/Discussion:
  • Deferred

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

7 Announcements
- All
Status/Discussion:
  • None

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

8 PCD Spring F2F Meeting
- Todd
Status/Discussion:
  • The F2F May 3-7 is likely, but still uncertain, to be in Berkeley, CA

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


Next Meeting

The next TC meeting will be March 17, 2010 PCD TC 2010-03-17 Webex (tentative)

The next PC meeting will be March 24, 2010 PCD PC 2010-03-24 Webex (tentative)


PCD Home