PCD PC 2010-03-24 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
Regularly Scheduled PC Meeting
Topic: PCD Technical Committee Meeting
- Discussion of Change Proposals and Review of Other Actions
Date: Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
- Agenda Approval
- Review Discussion Summary: March 10 PCD PC&TC 2010-03-10 Webex
- Connectathon Follow-Up Discussion
- Showcase Follow-Up Discussions
- AAMI Mini-Showcase
- Spring F2F Update
- User Handbook Feedback
- Medical Equipment Management White Paper
- Action Item Review
- Additional Business
- Next Meetings
Action Items from Previous Meetings
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
- Chair: Steve Merritt, Baystate
Terry Bettis, Jon Blasingame, Todd Cooper, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, John Garguilo, Roy Kerns, Steve Merritt, Gary Meyer, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Paul Schluter, Erin Sparnon, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst
Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda approved
2 Issues with Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Discussion Summary of previous meeting was accepted
3 Agenda Items
- As Noted
- 3. Connectathon Experience and Survey: Monroe observed that the decline in MWB popularity in favor of the NIST tools may be premature if NIST tests are not fully ready. Robert noted that MWB finds errors that the NIST tool doesn’t, checking every field. John Garguilo noted that this will be addressed when all requirements are defined and the tools evolve. The MWB remains a valuable development tool, especially for reporters using the MWB as the receiver.
- 4. Showcase Experience: Deferred until the survey is completed.
- 5. AAMI Mini-Showcase: We have two pump companies, one IOP (Cerner), at least one bedside monitor, and need a CIS to received and display the DOR pump and bedside monitor messages.
- 6. Technical Committee portion: Document preparation for Supplements and revised TF. There are also technical issues. Jon suggested that Kaiser may have a meeting room in Oakland (Garfield Center).
- 7. User Handbook: Good feedback was received. Further discussion with the reviewers should lead to improved wording. The final copy should be available for the F2F. This is intended as a living document, to be revised periodically.
- 8. MEM WP: Working on the comments.
4 Action Items
- 71 Clinician Recruitment: There will be a presentation at AAMI and the mini-showcase. Steve suggested that we seek representation from Bay Area organizations. Todd noted that there is a meeting about medical device IT at AAMI next week, and John Rhoads and Paul will participate. Manny asked if we should reach out to Bay Area CEs and IT folk. Jon suggested we target specific people. Jon will test the water.
- 72 Press release: Steve suggested that members let Erin know of company press releases related to IHE.
- 78 change date to August 2010
- 86 change date to August 2010
- 92 Recruiting for HIMSS11: members were invited to help recruit. Included in that are early identification of the clinical stories: two ideas are medication administration and the L&D/newborn stories. Erin is developing a list of companies and contacts in the latter space. Manny requested assistance in recruiting additional companies. Monroe noted that ACM needs participation. There are a number of areas that require attention. Monroe will mention this on his next regular call with Hill-Rom.
- 93 Certification of systems: John Garguilo noted that the certifying bodies have not been selected and the timetable will depend upon the meaningful use timetable. The IHE testing and tools committee has discussed this. Among the issues for IHE, are whether this is a USA or International issue?
- 97 No Change.
- The RTM and WCM meetings are cancelled this week.
Meetings postponed next week due to HIMSS show.
The next meeting will be April 7, 2010 PCD PC 2010-04-07 Webex