PCD PC 2010-02-17 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Patient Care Device Domain

Meeting Purpose

Regularly Scheduled PC Meeeting

WebEx Information

Topic: PCD Committee Tcons

Date: Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York )

Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

Preliminary

1. Review of Discussion Summary PCD PC&TC 2010-02-03 Webex
2. PCD Issues
- Validation vs. Verification Testing
- ACM/DEC for events, alerts
- Profile Option Specification and Testing
3. Update on White Papers and Supplements:
- Ballot status - User's Handbook
- MEM public comment
- ACM Open Issues / Extensions
- DPI
- Medical Equipment Management (other)
- PIV/Infusion Pump Open Issues / Extensions
- RTM Open Issues / Extensions
- IDCO
- WCM
- Medical Device Semantic Architecture
- Regulatory Considerations
4. Continua
5. Connectathon/Showcase Update
6. ARRA/Meaningful Use
7. Improvements to the Public Review/Comment Process
8. Spring F2F May 3 - 7
9. Action Items
10. Next Meetings - Dates

Action Items from Previous Meetings

See PCD Planning Committee Action Items pages.

Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

Participants

Chair: Ken Fuchs, Draeger

Terry Bettis, Todd Cooper, Bikram Day, Colin FX Gartska, John Garguilo, Christof Gessner, Sarah Hopkins, John Leung, Barbara Majchrowski, Steve Merritt, John Rhoads, Maureen Richard, Jeff Rinda, Paul Schluter, Erin Sparnon, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst

Discussion

Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.


<Adjust table rows per meeting needs>
Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

2 Approval of Discussion Summary
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
  • The last meeting summary was approved.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Action Items Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
  • Improvements to the public comment process: John and Ioana have had some discussion and this awaits more detail.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

4 Announcements
- All
Status/Discussion:
  • Paul noted that he’s updated several of the CPs. OBR-4 is difficult to address. The CPs will be distributed for ballot in the near future.
  • Spring F2F will be May 3-7; likely at Kaiser Permanente, in northern California.
  • ARRA/Meaningful Use: PCD needs to respond in the public comment period if devices are to be included in future phases. John Rhoads volunteered to look at the public comment period and work with Todd to submit.
  • Todd reviewed the discussion that took place at the pump summit. Erin made several suggestions.
  • Validation vs verification: something will be added to the TF volume 1; delete from next agenda. Ask Ken to do this.


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

5 Profile Update
- WG Leadership
Status/Discussion:
  • User Handbook: Steve: comments will be addressed before March 1.
  • MEM public comment: will be completed before F2F.
  • ACM: working on AM to AC. ACM/DEC for events, alerts: deferred until next meeting; will become part of work cycle; remove from next agenda
  • DPI: Reviewing ICE-PAC and DPI and planning the work ahead. Next meeting will be after HIMSS10.
  • PIV: At the summit: Gary provided a summary of the HL7 meeting and will propose changes to v.2 and v.3 for extended support of infusion pump orders. They have addressed issues arising from the Connectathon. They will address PCA pumps. Erin noted that RTLS remains a solution looking for a problem as concerns PCD. Hospitals do not see ROI and thus PCD should not make this a high priority.
  • RTM: Paul noted that a number of items have been added to the spreadsheet and will be distributed after HIMSS. Todd noted that the pump summit will yield a few new entries.
  • IDCO: No update.

WCM: Will be distributed for general review.

  • Medical Device Semantic Architecture: Will be addressed as an introductory part of Volume 3; remove from next agenda.
  • Regulatory Considerations: WP or other approach; Ken sent a letter in follow up to the FDA Regulatory Workshop. This and other activities indicate this should remain on the agenda.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

6 Connectathon and Showcase Update
- Manny
Status/Discussion:
  • Connectathon:
- Profile Option Specification and Testing: Gazelle will have the ability to record options. At the same time the question remains as to what should be an option or a separate profile. Gazelle will be tested at the European Connectathon. At this time PCD only has SPD, but there may be others coming in ACM. Remove from next agenda.
- Discussion of Lessons Learned deferred until after the Showcase.
  • Showcase:
- Preparation is under control. Lots of people have put in a lot of hard work. Following the Showcase meetings will address lessons learned in the Connectathon and Showcase experience and will plan for the AAMI mini-Showcase.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

7 Continua
- Paul
Status/Discussion:
  • Paul reported that the second round of balloting, which includes remote monitoring concludes today. After the third round Continua will provide the RTM extraction to HITSP as promised. The third version for ballot should go out in mid- to late March. Todd noted that this public portion may be relevant to the Korean efforts.


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

8 'Public Review/Comment Process

xxx
- Cochairs

Status/Discussion:
  • Public Review/Comment Process:

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

9 xyz
- <lead>
Status/Discussion:
  • ...

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

n Next Meeting
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


Next Meeting

The next meeting will be a Joint PC & TC Meeting, March 10, 2010 PCD PC&TC 2010-03-10 Webex, followed by a TC meeting PCD TC 2010-03-17 Webex


<Add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">


PCD Home