PCD TC 2010-02-24 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Patient Care Device Domain

Meeting Purpose

Regularly Scheduled TC Meeting

WebEx Information

Topic: PCD Technical Committee Meeting

Discussion of Change Proposals and Review of Other Actions

See full text of change proposals at ftp://ftp.ihe.net/Patient_Care_Devices/TechnicalFrameworkMaintenance/TF2010-2011Maintenance/CPs/Incoming/

Date: Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)

Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

placeholder

  1. Agenda Approval
  2. Review Discussion Summary: February 10 PCD TC 2010-02-10 Webex
  3. Connectathon Follow-Up Discussion -- will be held after Connectathon
  4. Review Showcase Preparations
  5. Spring F2F Update
  6. Carried-over issues from Continua harmonization Change Proposals - Paul Schluter
  7. Brief discussion on Pump Summit - fuller discussion when everyone available after HIMSS
  8. Waveform Communication Management review postponed because Ken Fuchs in IEC-80001 meetings in Germany
  9. Action Item Review
  10. Additional Business
  11. Next Meetings

Action Items from Previous Meetings

See PCD Planning Committee Action Items and PCD Technical Committee Action Items pages.

Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

Participants

Chair: John Rhoads

Alex Beechie, Bikram Day, Al Engelbert, John Garguilo, Colin FX Garstka, John Leung, Gary Meyer, John Rhoads, Erin Sparnon, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst

Discussion

Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

  • Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 Issues with Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
  • Discussion Summary of previous meeting was accepted

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Change Proposals
- John Rhoads
Status/Discussion:
  • Continua Harmonization CPs – Change Proposals, listed below, were discussed at previous meeting PCD TC 2010-02-10 Webex

The 8 are:

1. Universal Service Identifier in OBR-4 documents current practice.
2. Mapping EUI-64
3. Time of the interval in OBR-7, OBR-8
4. Reporting measurement status (OBX-8, OBX-11)
5. System model and manufacturer
6. WAN OBX-4
7. Reporting Time Synchronization
8. WAN Transport – Web Services

John Rhoads and others raised several issues:

- universal service ID: Gary noted that Paul’s proposal is in conflict with use of OBR-4 in the infusion area; Al noted that OBR-4 was the subject of a CP from Ruth.
- Gary recommended that OBR-4.3 be used to identify the coding application (e.g., SNOMED).
- John Rhoads noted that the Sub-ID in OBX-4 and the dotted notation require careful review because of potential conflicts

these are deferred until discussion with Paul.


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

4 Showcase
- Manny
Status/Discussion:
  • No significant issues were offered yesterday or today.
  • Docent rehearsals will take place for all those who haven't been previously involved, except for one person who will rehearse on site.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


5 Agenda Items
- As Noted
Status/Discussion:
  • Spring F2F likely in San Francisco Bay Area – some issues about meeting rooms and budget remain
  • Pump Summit Summary: At the summit, Erin provided an overview of workflow in the user organization. That led to discussion of events other than status – and this yielded 10+ action items. Discussion dealt into the definition of “volume infused” which is defined differently among companies. Discussion of the Users Guide and the links between servers will lead to a table directing users to appropriate sections of the guide.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

6 Action Items
- Chairs
Status/Discussion:
60: Updating TF is in progress, addressing non-controversial items. A draft of Volume 2 will be available shortly. Volume 3, delayed, will contain much of what was in Volume 2. CPs for Continua harmonization will be incorporated after ballot.
66: Prepare profiles for registration – Gary is maintaining MWB profiles and NIST is developing their profiles. Gary noted that the MWB permits building the message, while that is not available in the NIST tools. John Garguilo noted that the MWB also provides a receiving system for testing.
77: HL7 Pharmacy WG proposal: no change
82: OID will be available when needed.
83: MOUs with CIMIT – nothing new.
87: ICDO: John Garguilo indicated the WG is currently addressing RTM issues. IDCO leadership will be invited to report at the next TC meeting.
89: Process for public comment period – to address common procedure for all domains where the domain keeps the submitting organization informed of progress.
92: Grouped Actors -- Remains on the DCC open items list.
93: Managing Document Versions – John Rhoads to discuss with Steve Moore.
94: TF Gaps: Manny to ping Ruth
96: Add ITI-31: John to ping Robert

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

7 Announcements
- All
Status/Discussion:

John Garguilo noted that the Cardiology Domain is interested in learning more about the NIST tools. Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

8 PCD Spring F2F Meeting
- Manny
Status/Discussion:
  • Spring F2F likely in San Francisco Bay Area – some issues about meeting rooms and budget remain.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


Next Meeting

Meetings postponed next week due to HIMSS show.

The next meeting will be March 10, 2010 and will be a joint meeting PCD PC&TC 2010-03-10 Webex

The next TC meeting will be March 17, 2010 PCD TC 2010-03-17 Webex (tentative)

The next PC meeting will be March 24, 2010 PCD PC 2010-03-24 Webex (tentative)


PCD Home