PCD MEM LS 2013-08-02
Patient Care Device Domain - Medical Equipment Management Working Group
Regularly Scheduled Location Services (LS) (also referred to as Location Tracking) WG Meeting
Topic: PCD Device Management Communication
Duration: 60 minutes
Review last meeting's discussion summary PCD MEM LS 2013-07-19
Define the scope, goals and process.
- - DMC WG July 26
- - LS WG will meet August 2.
Chair: Monroe Pattillo
Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Ken Fuchs, Michael McDonald, Monroe Pattillo, Dalibor Pokrajac, John Rhoads, Paul Schluter, Paul Sherman, Stan Wiley, Benjamin Yam, Manny Furst
Monroe led the discussion, focused on the draft WP distributed just before the meeting. Discussion included:
- - Detailed description of several HL7 segments and components.
- - PL within OBX vs. PRT – more discussion will take place regarding use of the PRT instead of OBX.
- o PRT segment attributes (Table 4) will require more detail.
- - Location data type will need to accommodate GPS including indoor locations in three dimensions – future
Monroe will send the update resulting from today’s discussion and request responses.
- - E911 can use triangulation or GPS in the cell phone.
Monroe provided a draft WP. It is posted at: ftp://ftp.ihe.net/Patient_Care_Devices/IHEPCDYr9-2014-2015/
FOLLOWING THE MEETING: Monroe started the LS WG e-mail thread about use of the PRT segment. "We may get by with only OBX for reporting equipment location observations. Reporting person location observations can’t convey all that is needed without use of the PRT segment and that requires an OBX to precede it. Looks like the HL7 standards folks are moving away from individual people (other than patient) field values in the individual segments and are moving to use of the PRT segment." For more about this please see the emails.