PCD MEM DMC 2013-07-26
Patient Care Device Domain - Medical Equipment Management Working Group
Regularly Scheduled Device Management Communication (DMC) WG meeting.
Topic: PCD Device Management Communication
Duration: 60 minutes
Review last meeting's discussion summary PCD MEM DMC 2013-07-12
First draft of the White Paper and Discussion of Coding for Various Parameters
- - August 9
- - LS WG will meet August 2.
Chair: Monroe Pattillo
Al Engelbert, Ken Fuchs, Sagi Geva (Stanley), Julio Huerta, Michael McDonald, Steve Merritt, Johnathan Milgie, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Paul Schluter, Paul Sherman, Stan Wiley, , Manny Furst
White Paper, First Draft
- - Monroe distributed the first draft of the WP. He led detailed discussion of the draft.
- - Paul Schluter suggested there may be more than one battery. Ken suggested that query may be appropriate for certain data. Manny suggested that the actors have “Device” in the name.
- - Discussion about the profiles and actor names indicated that it may or may not be necessary to develop a new name / acronym. Paul Schluter suggested that he sees this as a vocabulary document, that these would be additional rows in Rosetta.
MEM DMC Mappings
- - Monroe summarized the development of the table indicating that he looked for existing IEEE 11073 MDC codes. Paul Schluter offered to share additional data developed by Continua. He suggested that device on line, off line, patient admitted be added. Powered off was added.
- - Paul Schluter recommended that VMD channel be used to identify batteries and other components.
- - Additional parameters were added during the meeting.
Monroe circulated revised versions of both documents after the meeting. These are posted at: ftp://ftp.ihe.net/Patient_Care_Devices/IHEPCDYr9-2014-2015/MEM%20DeviceManagementCommunication%20WorkInProcess/
- - DCM will meet Friday August 9, PCD MEM DMC 2013-08-09
- - LS WG will meet Friday August 2 PCD MEM LS 2013-08-02