PCD Cochairs 2009-05-26 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Patient Care Device Cochairs Weekly Meeting

Date: Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Time: 3:00 pm, Eastern Time

Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

1. Review & Approve Agenda
2. Review previous Discusson Summary from 2009.05.19
3. Update from CMBEC (Calgary 2009.05.22) Presentations
4. Public Comment Publication Update:
- IDCO Profile
- Other work items
- Lisa's Request (with ITI example)
5. Update from Pump F2F in San Diego 2009.05.19-20
6. Proposal: Device Specialization Specific PCD WGs
7. "CP" Management Support Review
8. Funding Status update
9. Fall PCD F2F Discussion
- B.Braun Proposal
- Schedule (incl. Pump F2F & Showcase Participants)
10. MoU Relationships:
- Continua & WAN meetings
- CIMIT & ASTM MoU Status Update
11. Additional Business

Previous / suggested topics

Review & Approve Agenda
Review Discussion Summary last meeting May 12, 2009
Review Manny's email
IDCO Ballot to Release for Public Comment Status (Closes June 1)
Baystate Purchasing Dox
HITSP Update
  • ARRA - 90 day refocusing & CmDC
  • SDE#2, Continua & RMON Deadline
2009/2010 Budget
  • HIMSS Fiscal Year & Budget
  • Revenue Generation - Recruiting, Webinars, Sponsors
  • ARRA-related activities
IHE International
  • IHE International: Incorporation Status
  • New Members: Baxter + Asia Regionals Status Update
  • IP Management Process
- Draft Disclosure Process
- Draft Disclosure Form
Cycle 4 Development Update
  • PIV & Proposed San Diego F2F Meeting
  • TF Revision Update
  • RTM Update
  • ACM: Gap Strategy + Additional Domains
  • DPI WP
  • MEM WP
  • WCM
  • Identify profiles, dates, sizes
  • Press Releases with Each Release
Domain Coordination Committee Update
Organizational Relationships
Action Items
Next meeting - Proposed Agenda

Attachments / Materials

updated with discussion of May 19

Discussion Summary of earlier meetings May 19, 2009, PCD Cochairs 2009-05-19 Webex

Action Items Brought Forward

Number Action Owner Participants Due Date Status Comments
55 Showcase vendor display policy Steve Merritt Ray, Elliot September 29, 2009 OPEN Will add to Domain Process (management) document. Issues may exist with third party devices brought by Cerner and Capsule this year. Will include: Chris Carr, Didi direction on bi-directional distributed demo, display/demonstration of ancillary equipment. Todd’s draft will be the basis for Steve’s efforts. Change due date until the end of September, with the idea that portions would be ready for the F2F and others would depend upon the Showcase.
61 Analyze, publish results of stakeholder survey Ray March 24, 2009 OPEN Ray is talking with WG4 in the HIMSS/AAMI/ACCE CE-IT Community, and possibly in BI&T. Manny working with Ray to update survey.
74 Clinical Recruitment Steve Cochairs and PC Open OPEN

Carolyn McGregor spoke with Elliot and she is interested in participating. Her interest is largely in data warehousing, and this would be a contribution to PCD. See previous meeting for more information. Monroe and Todd will also be talking at upcoming Canadian meeting. '

77 Monitor HITSP development of RMON and coordinate a demonstration with HITSP. Todd Paul June 16, 2009 OPEN For earlier discussion summary see meeting of May 12. Todd plans to prepare materials to call attention to medical device communications within the revisions underway. Paul noted that PCC domain may look at sending graphical segments in RMON. Paul responded to PCC by sending information on his concept for sending short segments. The approach they are currently considering won’t work for PCD.
78 Continua John Paul April 15, 2009 OPEN See May 12 meeting for earlier discussions. There’s been no opportunity to resolve apparent differences by June for HITSP. Paul said there’s been no movement on RMON in Continua. IBM is promoting web services and ASN1. It’s not likely that Continua and PCD will arrive at a single protocol by June. The positive side is that both will use RTM. One question is whether they can support complex devices such as ventilators, infusion pumps. RMON F2F takes place the week after F2F at NIST. Paul asked if anyone can join him at the Continua F2F June 8 or 9. That will precede a June Continua ballot. Ken and John are unable to attend.Ken was on a call with Continua this morning. On the call Paul provided a half hour recommendation that Continua use PCD-01. Continua is planning to use a hub and they may be open to multiple alternatives.


82 PCD to develop MOU with CIMIT Ray Ken September 1, 2009 OPEN Defer interest in year ‘round lab. Ken wrote and discussed a draft MOU intended to enable coordinating profiles, similar to the Continua MOU. Ray There’s a question regarding where in the continuum PCD should have an MOU (ICE, MDPnP, CIMIT). MOU draft was sent to Julian Goldman. Paul indicated that an interface engine solution (e.g., Capsule) may meet the needs for bidirectional communication, or connection to the device may need to be more “intimate”. Nothing new re CIMIT or ASTM MOU. Open new item for ASTM MOU. Remove from the PC if it is there.


83 Funding Possibilities Cochairs 2009.05.26 OPEN
See May 12, 19 Action Item list for earlier notes, including previous discussions about AHRQ.
Ray will contact AAMI to explore their sponsorship of PCD. The Heart Rhythm Society’s (HRS’s) application to join IHE did not include funds to support IDCO.
Lisa and HIMSS are supportive of PCD finding additional sponsorship. Ray will attempt to set an appointment with Mary at AAMI during the AAMI meeting. The cochairs began discussing the business case that might be offered.Manny briefly summarized the current state of the HIMSS budget, noting that HIMSS is unable to provide the significant increase in funding PCD requires, in particular funding for a portion of Todd's time. Lisa will defend the budget this week. Touching base with AHRQ – end of May, early June. Change date to May 26.


87 Recruit Vendors for Cycle 4 and HIMSS10 Manny, ACM and MEM leaders (John, Monroe, Steve) July 7, 2009 OPEN Manny to call a few vendors and then follow up with cochairs to set up webinars if appropriate.
88 Cycle 4 Status All June 2, 2009 OPEN Cycle 4: WCM anticipates a series of decisions with serious discussion. WCM is several months away. Implementation for a New Directions demonstration is feasible. Other Developments: ACM – Monroe is attempting to recruit vendors for the AM-AC links; DPI WP – Todd is proceeding to lead its development; MEM WP – Steve is making progress with this group.


89 Stakeholder Survey Ray, Manny June 2, 2009 OPEN Ray and Manny updated the survey questions and sent it for PCD review. Ken reminded the group that one response was received. Manny will discuss with Ray when he returns from vacation. Following the review Ray will submit to HIMSS Analytics. Close the old (#61)and open new item with date of early June to send to HIMSS.
90 PCD to develop MOU with ASTM Ray Ken September 1, 2009 OPEN See Item 82 for background. Open new item for ASTM MOU. Remove from the PC if it is there.



Meeting Summary

Participants

Cochairs: Todd Cooper, Ken Fuchs, Steve Merritt, John Rhoads
Meeting Chair: Todd
Guest: Paul Schluter
Technical Project Manager: Manny Furst

Discussion

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Adopted

Action(s):

2 Review Meeting Summaries
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
May 19 meeting summary was accepted.

Decisions/Issues: Action(s):

3 Action Items Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
  • 55: Showcase Vendor Display Policy - No change
  • 61: Stakeholder survey - Close this item, open a new one for the 2009 survey.
  • 74: Clinician recruitment - Todd and Monroe presented at the Canadian EMB meeting in Calgary last week. Todd played a video of Jack Harrington’s receiving AAMI award and recognized John Leung's contributions as well as presenting on PCD. The audience was very interested, but it was apparent that the PCD information was new to most. The Users’ Guide was of great interest. People asked about how to specify, what are the benefits/drawbacks. Test tooling and 80001 were of interest.
  • 77: HITSP RMON - No change
  • 78: Continua - No change
  • 82: CIMIT - No change
  • 83: Funding Possibilities - No change
  • 87: Recruiting Vendors - No change
  • 88: Cycle 4 - The Profile / White Paper list was updated and will be sent to Lisa. IDCO votes are overwhelmingly in favor of release. Manny will check on voting eligibility.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

  • 88: Manny will check on voting eligibility.
4 IHE International
- All
Status/Discussion:
  • No update.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

5 PIV Meeting Last Week
- Todd
Status/Discussion:
  • Todd described the PIV meeting. Erin Sparnon participated and provided helpful information on user expectations and FDA issues. OBX 4 and ACK items were discussed. The ACK and the issue of multiple OBRs are open. OBXs must refer back to the OBRs they are associated with. This is an issue for pumps with multiple channels and impacts the TF. Paul noted that PCD-01 may not be the only way to send commands (XML is a possibility). PIV participants are trying to continue with HL7 v2.x. Todd noted that it isn’t obvious that HL7 would work for home health. John noted that Give orders are difficult. John and Paul suggested that it would work if semantic information was sent in the reverse direction to indicate the OBX is writing/commanding, not reading. Paul asked that this be resolved before the WAN group meeting at IBM in early June when he will describe PCD’s approach.
  • John Garguilo described additional information about NIST’s test tools.
  • Paul added pump data requested to the RTM tables.
  • Todd said he believes the pump description will require using the VMD level.
  • Paul indicated that PCD-01 can be used to carry informative information (No Alert level) as well as actionable levels (low, medium, high).
  • The PIV WG is moving toward becoming the Infusion Pump WG. This is the first of what will likely become several device-specific WGs.


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

  • PCD needs to formalize the CP process. Manny to research quickly.
6 Fall F2F
- Todd
Status/Discussion:
  • Scott Zaffrin offered to host the meeting at B Braun in Dallas.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

  • Manny to ask if the facility is available for any of the three possible weeks selected by the cochairs. If so, a Doodle survey will be held to determine participant availability.
7 Announcements
- All
Status/Discussion:
  • MOU Relationships

Decisions/Issues:

  • Ken reported that Julian presented the MOU with IHE to the ASTM F29 last week; Julian will provide the next steps.

Action(s):


Next Meeting

The next meeting will be June 2, 2009 PCD Cochairs 2009-06-02 Webex

<For Decision Meetings, add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">


PCD Home