PCD Cochairs 2009-05-12 Webex
Patient Care Device Cochairs Weekly Meeting
Date: Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Time: 3:00 pm, Eastern Time
Duration: 60 Minutes
- Review & Approve Agenda
- Review Discussion Summary last meeting April 28, 2009
- 2009 Spring F2F Review:
- HITSP Update
- ARRA - 90 day refocusing & CmDC
- SDE#2, Continua & RMON Deadline
- 2009/2010 Budget
- HIMSS Fiscal Year & Budget
- Update Lisa on Recent PCD Funding Meetings
- ARRA-related activities
- IHE International
- PCD Web Updates:
- Cycle 4 Development Update
- PIV & Proposed San Diego F2F Meeting
- TF Revision Update
- RTM Update
- ACM: Gap Strategy + Additional Domains
- DPI WP
- MEM WP
- Domain Coordination Committee Update
- Organizational Relationships
- Action Items
Attachments / Materials
updated with discussion of April 28, 2009
- Discussion Summary of earlier meetings April 28, 2009, PCD Cochairs 2009-04-28 Webex
Action Items Brought Forward
Number Action Owner Participants Due Date Status Comments 55 Showcase vendor display policy Steve Merritt Ray, Elliot April 14, 2009 OPEN Will add to Domain Process (management) document. Issues may exist with third party devices brought by Cerner and Capsule this year. Will include: Chris Carr, Didi direction on bi-directional distributed demo, display/demonstration of ancillary equipment. Todd’s draft will be the basis for Steve’s efforts. Todd added this to F2F agenda.
Also see #57.
61 Analyze, publish results of stakeholder survey Ray May 12, 2009 OPEN Ray is talking with WG4 in the HIMSS/AAMI/ACCE CE-IT Community, and possibly in BI&T. Manny and Ray to update, then send to PC for comments. 74 Clinical Recruitment Steve Cochairs and PC Open OPEN
- Carolyn McGregor spoke with Elliot and she is interested in participating. Her interest is largely in data warehousing, and this would be a contribution to PCD. PCD needs to follow up. Ken will follow up with Elliot.
- Steve will talk about PCD at the Canadian meeting in May. Todd will also be talking at the meeting. Todd asked the organizaers for additional time for informal discussion about PCD, etc. Paul will speak to the Chicago Area Biomeds. Paul presented to the Chicago Area Biomeds
- (Zambuto) Review IHE membership to identify recruitment opportunities.
- (Cooper)Update profiles wiki page so as to capture the attention of clinical reviewers.
- (Zambuto) Ask Mario Castenada re. KP participants (perhaps also Michael Robkin)
- Manny will talk with Cristal Anderson about possibilities. He asked for emails with suggestions.
- (Cooper, Jan. 27) HL7/IHE are talking about this subject; there may be an opportunity for PCD
77 Monitor HITSP development of RMON and coordinate a demonstration with HITSP. Todd Paul June 16, 2009 OPEN Please see last meeting and earlier meetings for a history. Todd plans to prepare materials to call attention to medical device communications within the revisions underway.
- Move to new Action Item: Paul noted that PCC domain may look at sending graphical segments in RMON. Paul responded to PCC by sending information on his concept for sending short segments. The approach they are currently considering won’t work for PCD.
Paul indicated that HITSP is not planning on doing anything new. Apparently, that may mean that harmonizing Continua and PCD won’t be addressed in this 90 day interval. Jan and John Rhoads have attended meetings. Paul recommended against spending a lot of time on pushing CmDC, instead being able to say that RTM (only the ventilator remains) and the test tools are complete.
78 Continua John Paul April 15, 2009 OPEN The positive side is that both will use RTM. Todd and Ken received the Continua documentation. One question is whether they can support complex devices such as ventilators, infusion pumps. Continua's RMON F2F takes place the week after NIST. Those who have signed the NDA may get together after hours at the F2F to discuss the document. Paul will attend if another PCD member will go. Todd may join him. Manny to edit contents of Action Items to update and remove old material, and refer back to earlier date for more information.
82 PCD to develop MOU with CIMIT Ray Ken April 15, 2009 OPEN Defer interest in year ‘round lab. Ken wrote and discussed a draft MOU intended to enable coordinating profiles, similar to the Continua MOU. Ray There’s a question regarding where in the continuum PCD should have an MOU (ICE, MDPnP, CIMIT). MOU draft was sent to Julian Goldman. Paul indicated that an interface engine solution (e.g., Capsule) may meet the needs for bidirectional communication, or connection to the device may need to be more “intimate”. Nothing new re CIMIT or ASTM MOU. Deferred
83 Funding Possibilities Cochairs 2009.04.21 OPEN Refer to notes of last meeting for history in detail.
- Ray will send an email to Lisa, and reach out to AAMI.
85 F2F at NIST the week of May 4 Cochairs OPEN The Roadmap will be a major focus of the F2F.
- PCD should consider setting up a phone to dial in to, and set up Webex if needed. Manny to inquire about the cost of Webex. Ken has a dial up number that could be used. Manny to ask John if there is a conference phone in the room. John Garguilo is arranging a tour of the Physics Lab on Wednesday. Ken suggested having two reviews of the Roadmap; one at the end in case things change.
87 PCD coordination with other domains Cochairs OPEN NEW ITEM
- Manny to move PCC item from #77 to an action item for coordination with other domains.
- Recent profiles are of wider interest (ACM, WCM - transmission of graphical data in HL2 v.2). Paul responded to a white paper from Keith Boone, PCC, on the subject of waveform transmissions. Paul noted that the American Clinical Neurophysiology Society also addressed waveform communications. It includes a 200 +- page document. Paul recommended that PCD avoid multiplexing; just one parameter at a time. Others exist, including a European (previously ASTM standard) and a TC 215 approach.
- Cochairs: Todd Cooper, Ken Fuchs, Steve Merritt, John Rhoads
- Sponsor Representative: Lisa Spellman, Ray Zambuto
- Guest: Paul Schluter
- Technical Project Manager: Manny Furst
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
2 Review Meeting Summaries
- Summary of April 28 Accepted.
3 Action Items Review
- 55: Showcase Vendor Display Policy - Deferred
- 61: Stakeholder survey - Deferred
- 74: Clinician recruitment - Deferred
- 77: HITSP RMON - Deferred
- 78: Continua - Paul asked if anyone can join him at the Continua F2F June 8 or 9. That will precede a June Continua ballot. Ken and John are unable to attend.
- 82: CIMIT - Deferred
- 83: Funding Possibilities - See discussion below
- 85: F2F May 4-8 - See discussion of tomorrow's joint PC & TC meeting below
- 86: HIMSS09 Web Page - Complete; close
- 87: PCD Coordination with Other Domains - Deferred
- Joint PC&TC meeting tomorrow: the agenda:
- - Review discussion summary
- - Review Action Items
- - Review IDCO profile – only a few minor editorial changes. Manny to send email to Tom, Nick with request for press release.
5 PCD Funding
- Todd will ask at IHE Board meeting Thursday if the Heart Rhythm Society’s (HRS’s) application to join IHE includes any funds to support IDCO. If so, PCD will explore the transfer of funds to PCD. Todd asked if the HRS was contributing financial support to IDCO.
- Lisa asked Manny and Ray to provide budget support documentation for her request for additional funding. Ray will update the draft, Manny will review and submit it to Lisa.
- Lisa and HIMSS are supportive of PCD finding additional sponsorship. Ray will attempt to set an appointment with Mary at AAMI during the AAMI meeting. The cochairs began discussing the business case that might be offered.
6 Work Program Cycle 4
- Publish these Supplements by mid-June:
- - IDCO
- - PIV
- - Rosetta Update, but that will continue to evolve
- - TF Update with SPD, PIV
- - Publish WCM in mid-June
- It’s desirable, but unclear, if extensions of ACM or WCM are possible in this time frame.
- The MEM White Paper should be ready for public comment in June.
- Manny will talk with Monroe about inviting companies to an ACM Webex leading to a New Directions demonstration at HIMSS10.
- Manny will communicate with Monroe.
The next meeting will be May 19, 2009 PCD Cochairs 2009-05-19 Webex
<For Decision Meetings, add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">