PCD Cochairs 2008-11-20 Webex
Patient Care Device Cochairs Weekly Meeting
Date: Thursday, November 20, 2008
Time: 3:00 pm, Eastern Time
Duration: 60 Minutes
- Discussion Summary of November 13, 2008
- Review PCD Governance Wiki
- - PC, TC votes, Implementation date
- PCD PC & TC Roster Pages
- Review Google Groups wiki list
- Update on Connectathon / Showcase Activities
- Capsule's proposal for distributed demo with device in their booth
- Cycle 4 Proposals Update
- Action Items
- IHE International (IP, quorum, elections)
- How best address incompatibility of interoperable systems that may affect patient care
- IHE Marketing (WSJ Continua article)
- Planning for 2009-2010 budget
- Meeting schedule (no meeting Nov 27, Dec 25, Jan 1) should any be added?
- Meeting dates after Jan. 1
Attachments / Materials
- Discussion Summary of earlier meetings November 6: PCD Cochairs 2008-11-06 Webex, ]November 13: PCD Cochairs 2008-11-13 Webex
Action Items Brought Forward
Number Action Owner Participants Due Date Status Comments
26 Open discussions on unifying efforts for device interoperability - facility for year 'round lab Ray Ken 10/23/08 OPEN Julian will be asked to attend the DPI meeting Friday, Oct. 24 at CIMIT. Nothing yet to report about developing a test lab. A new Action Item, #79, for PCD to develop the MOU that is intended to enable coordinating profiles, similar to the Continua document. Ken will open discussion with Julian re the MOU. 55 Showcase vendor display policy Steve Merritt Ray, Elliot 12/3/08 OPEN Will include in draft Domain Governance document. Was not discussed last week. Issues may exist with third party devices brought by Cerner and Capsule this year. Waiting for Chris Carr, Didi to provide direction on bi-directional distributed demo. Also see #57. 57 Develop PCD governance document. Ken Cochairs 11/20/08 OPEN Supplements the IHE governance document (e.g., quorum and non-quorum meetings). See #63, 64 also. Ken developed a draft and Didi and Lisa have been asked to review it. It will then go to a PC and TC vote. 61 Analyze, publish results of survey Ray 10/21/08 OPEN Survey closed. Post to ftp site and post links on Planning Committee pages. 63 IHE Governance: IP, participation in F2F, etc. Cochairs 10/21/08 OPEN Didi addressed some of the questions at the F2F. Add Quorum issues to Ray's discussion IP with Didi. Ray will incorporate in Governance and submit to IHE. Also see #57, 64. Add to F2F. 70 IEEE MOU Todd Elliot 11/2008 OPEN Concern on two issues: use of IEEE intellectual property, need to establish mechanism to continue and maintain the RTM effort. Todd was to ask IEEE for update. Manny to contact Didi with request that she be sure it is on the IHE Board agenda for Dec. 13th. 74 Clinical Recruitment Steve Cochairs and PC 2008.08.28 OPEN
- (Zambuto) Review IHE membership to identify recruitment opportunities.
- (All) Identify invitation opportunities for participation in the October F2F.
- (Cooper)Update profiles wiki page so as to capture the attention of clinical reviewers.
- (Zambuto) Ask Mario Castenada re. KP participants (perhaps also Michael Robkin)
- (Zambuto/Furst) Ray will contact Rick Schrenker re F2F participation. Dr. Mun may attend F2F.
- (Cooper) To contact Rick Schrenker re. profile proposal review.
- Manny discussed PCD's proposal for a presentation while PCD members are in Chicago for the Connectathon, or afterward, with Lisa who is supportive.
77 Monitor HITSP development of RMON and coordinate a demonstration with HITSP. Todd Paul 12/3/08 OPEN Todd will monitor and coordinate with HITSP, including response to public comment period, due Oct. 24. 78 Foster collaboration with Continua and monitor developments. Coordinate with Didi, Joyce. N Todd Paul 12/3/08 OPEN Paul will act as a point of contact to foster communication between PCD and Continua. Coordinate with Didi.
79 PCD to develop the MOU with Julian. Ken 10/24/08 OPEN To enable coordinating profiles, similar to the Continua document. Ken will open discussion with Julian re the MOU, develop draft. Will discuss at CIMIT Oct. 24 (see #26). 80 Review meeting dates Manny 11/20/08 OPEN Manny to contact election winners and conduct a survey on available times for cochairs meetings. In addition to setting dates/times with new cochairs, cochairs should consider three meetings will fall on holidays in the short term. 81 Review, update Wiki and IHE.net pages Todd John Rhoads Jan. 7, 2009 OPEN OPEN
- Cochair: Ken Fuchs
- Guests: Steve Merritt, Paul Schluter
- Manny Furst
Note: A quorum was not present
- <Adjust table rows per meeting needs>
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- A quorum was not reached. The short meeting addressed two issues: Capsule's desire for a distributed demonstration and an update on RMON.
2 Approval of Minutes
- Capsule should be encouraged to implement their plan if the fourth setting makes a reasonable clinical scenario in conjunction with the Showcase based sites.
- Manny to contact Bikram.
3 Action Items Review
- Paul provided an update on RMON. Paul will attend the last HITSP RMON phone call tomorrow. 2008 devices are simple devices, such as weight, SpO2, and the 2009 devices will be more complex. The more complex devices may have alarms, waveforms. The PCD model permits more rigorous validation as well. Charles will also participate. Hopefully, Elliot can join.
- Manny to send an email to Todd as a reminder. 1 pm CST.
The next meeting will be December 4: PCD Cochairs 2008-12-04 Webex
<Add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">