PCD Cochairs 2008-11-13 Webex
Patient Care Device Cochairs Weekly Meeting
Date: Thursday, November 13, 2008
Time: 3:00 pm, Eastern Time
Duration: 60 Minutes
- Minutes of November 6, 2008
- Review PCD Governance Wiki
- - Voting on Minutes (various options), acceptance of Discussion Summaries
- - Can we implement this in the PC, TC (which has several Summaries outstanding)?
- PCD PC & TC Roster Pages
- Review Google Groups wiki list
- Update on Connectathon / Showcase Activities
- Cycle 4 Proposals Update
- Action Items
- IHE International (IP, quorum, elections)
- IHE Marketing (WSJ Continua article)
- Planning for 2009-2010 budget
- Meeting schedule (no meeting Nov 27, Dec 25, Jan 1) should any be added?
Attachments / Materials
- Discussion Summary of earlier meetings November 6: PCD Cochairs 2008-11-06 Webex
Action Items Brought Forward
Number Action Owner Participants Due Date Status Comments
26 Open discussions on unifying efforts for device interoperability - facility for year 'round lab Ray Ken 10/23/08 OPEN Julian will be asked to attend the DPI meeting Friday, Oct. 24 at CIMIT. Nothing yet to report about developing a test lab. A new Action Item, #79, for PCD to develop the MOU that is intended to enable coordinating profiles, similar to the Continua document. Ken will open discussion with Julian re the MOU. 55 Showcase vendor display policy Steve Merritt Ray, Elliot 12/3/08 OPEN Will include in draft Domain Governance document. Was not discussed last week. Issues may exist with third party devices brought by Cerner and Capsule this year. Waiting for Chris Carr, Didi to provide direction on bi-directional distributed demo. Also see #57. 57 Develop PCD governance document. Ken Cochairs 11/20/08 OPEN Supplements the IHE governance document (e.g., quorum and non-quorum meetings). See #63, 64 also. Ken developed a draft sent for review to Didi. Will go to a PC and TC vote. 61 Analyze, publish results of survey Ray 10/21/08 OPEN Survey closed. Post to ftp site and post links on Planning Committee pages. 63 IHE Governance: IP, participation in F2F, etc. Cochairs 10/21/08 OPEN Didi addressed some of the questions at the F2F. Add Quorum issues to Ray's discussion IP with Didi. Ray will incorporate in Governance and submit to IHE. Also see #57, 64. Add to F2F. 70 IEEE MOU Todd Elliot 11/2008 OPEN Concern on two issues: use of IEEE intellectual property, need to establish mechanism to continue and maintain the RTM effort. Todd was to ask IEEE for update. Manny to contact Didi with request that she be sure it is on the IHE Board agenda for Dec. 13th. 74 Clinical Recruitment Steve Cochairs and PC 2008.08.28 OPEN
- (Zambuto) Review IHE membership to identify recruitment opportunities.
- (All) Identify invitation opportunities for participation in the October F2F.
- (Cooper)Update profiles wiki page so as to capture the attention of clinical reviewers.
- (Zambuto) Ask Mario Castenada re. KP participants (perhaps also Michael Robkin)
- (Zambuto/Furst) Ray will contact Rick Schrenker re F2F participation. Dr. Mun may attend F2F.
- (Cooper) To contact Rick Schrenker re. profile proposal review.
- Manny discussed PCD's proposal for a presentation while PCD members are in Chicago for the Connectathon, or afterward, with Lisa who is supportive.
77 Monitor HITSP development of RMON and coordinate a demonstration with HITSP. Todd Paul 12/3/08 OPEN Todd will monitor and coordinate with HITSP, including response to public comment period, due Oct. 24. 78 Foster collaboration with Continua and monitor developments. Coordinate with Didi, Joyce. N Todd Paul 12/3/08 OPEN Paul will act as a point of contact to foster communication between PCD and Continua. Coordinate with Didi.
79 PCD to develop the MOU with Julian. Ken 10/24/08 OPEN To enable coordinating profiles, similar to the Continua document. Ken will open discussion with Julian re the MOU, develop draft. Will discuss at CIMIT Oct. 24 (see #26). 80 Review meeting dates Manny 11/20/08 OPEN Manny to contact election winners and conduct a survey on available times for cochairs meetings. In addition to setting dates/times with new cochairs, cochairs should consider three meetings will fall on holidays in the short term. OPEN
- Todd Cooper, Ken Fuchs, Ray Zambuto, Manny Furst
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
2 Approval of Minutes
- Minutes of November 6 were approved.
3 Action Items
Only one item on the list was addressed:
- #57: Ken led discussion of the draft. Following discussion items noted here, the cochairs approved the draft and requested Didi review and comment before it is submitted to the PCD PC and TC.
- • Quorum for cochairs would be three members, including non-voting members.
- • Decisions require a minimum of two cochairs.
- • A vote carries with 66% affirmative of those voting.
- • Distinctions between WGs and TGs: WGs create documents for IHE, TG may initiate documents, but they contribute that to a WG or Committee.
- • Email ballots will close a minimum of two weeks from distribution.
- • Have Didi review the Wiki page, with special attention to Proxy and to Board Representative Election sections.
- Todd asked about maintenance of the PC and TC roster pages and the voting eligibility it provides. Manny is responsible to provide the IHE Coordinator (Celina Roth) with company names when votes are taken and F2F meetings attended, and she is responsible for maintaining the Wiki page.
- Manny to request Didi's review of the draft.
4 Nomination for Emeritus Seat
- Jack Harrington will apply for ACCE membership and PCD will nominate him for one of the four seats.
5 PCD Google Groups Wiki Page
- John Rhoads provided an index to PCD Google Groups at http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=IHE_PCD_Google_Groups
- Manny to add explanatory material to Connectathon GGs and others as needed. He will also check for completeness.
6 Meeting Schedule
- Three upcoming cochairs meetings fall on holidays.
- Steve Merritt has a conflict with the time of the Cochairs meeting and is attempting to manage this.
- Manny to contact election winners and conduct a survey on available times for cochairs meetings.
The next meeting will be November 20: PCD Cochairs 2008-11-20 Webex
<Add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">