PCD Cochairs 2008-11-06 Webex
Patient Care Device Cochairs Weekly Meeting
Date: Thursday, November 6, 2008
Time: 3:00 pm, Eastern Time
Duration: 60 Minutes
- Minutes of October 2, 2008
- Action Items
Attachments / Materials
- Minutes of earlier meetings October 2: PCD Cochairs 2008-10-02 Webex
Action Items Brought Forward
Number Action Owner Participants Due Date Status Comments
26 Open discussions on unifying efforts for device interoperability - facility for year 'round lab Ray Ken 10/23/08 OPEN Julian will be asked to attend the DPI meeting Friday, Oct. 24 at CIMIT. Nothing yet to report about developing a test lab. A new Action Item, #79, was added for PCD to develop the MOU that is intended to enable coordinating profiles, similar to the Continua document. Ken will open discussion with Julian re the MOU. 55 Showcase vendor display policy Todd Ray, Elliot 10/21/08 OPEN Will include in draft Domain Governance document. Would be best to have in place by the F2F; add to PC agenda. Todd will develop a Wiki page for discussion, and a vote at the F2F. Also see #57. 57 Develop PCD governance document. Ray Cochairs 10/21/08 OPEN Supplements the IHE governance document (e.g., quorum and non-quorum meetings). See #63, 64. Ray will review ITI document and modify for PCD. Add to F2F agenda for joint PC/TC portion. 61 Analyze, publish results of survey Ray 10/21/08 OPEN Survey closed some time ago. Ray was asked if any results will be available at the F2F. Add to F2F agenda. 62 Add Governance page to IHE PCD Wiki Todd 10/16/08 OPEN See #57, ITI as an exemplar; Todd will post before F2F. 63 IHE Governance: IP, participation in F2F, etc. Cochairs 10/21/08 OPEN Add Quorum issues to Ray's discussion IP with Didi. Ray will incorporate in Governance and submit to IHE. Also see #57, 64. Add to F2F. 64 IP and patent issues - risks to IHE Todd 10/21/08 OPEN What if WG on a Profile runs into an IP or patent issue? Ray will incorporate in Governance and submit to IHE. Also see #57, 63. Add to F2F for discussion with Didi. 70 IEEE MOU Ray 9/18/08 OPEN Concern on two issues: use of IEEE intellectual property, need to establish mechanism to continue and maintain the RTM effort. Todd was to ask IEEE for update. 74 Clinical Recruitment Ray Cochairs and PC 2008.08.28 OPEN
- (Zambuto) Review IHE membership to identify recruitment opportunities.
- (All) Identify invitation opportunities for participation in the October F2F.
- (Cooper)Update profiles wiki page so as to capture the attention of clinical reviewers.
- (Zambuto) Ask Mario Castenada re. KP participants (perhaps also Michael Robkin)
- (Zambuto/Furst) Ray will contact Rick Schrenker re F2F participation. Dr. Mun may attend F2F.
- (Cooper) To contact Rick Schrenker re. profile proposal review.
76 Cochairs Election Preparation Ray Ray, Manny 9/18/08 OPEN Ray will contact three potential PC cochairs and two potential TC cochairs. 77 Monitor HITSP development of RMON and coordinate a demonstration with HITSP. Todd 10/30/08 OPEN Todd will monitor and coordinate with HITSP, including response to public comment period, due Oct. 24. 78 Foster collaboration with Continua and monitor developments. Coordinate with Didi, Joyce. Sept. 17 Todd Paul 9/18/08 OPEN Paul will act as a point of contact to foster communication between PCD and Continua. 79 PCD to develop the MOU with Julian. Ken 10/24/08 OPEN To enable coordinating profiles, similar to the Continua document. Ken will open discussion with Julian re the MOU, develop draft. Will discuss at CIMIT Oct. 24 (see #26).
- <Adjust table rows per meeting needs>
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda was approved.
2 Approval of Minutes
- Approved Minutes of October 2.
3 Action Items Review
- #26: Julian attended DPI for a short time. No other change. Pursuant to F2F PCD and ICE have formed the ICE - PAC group where further coordination will be focused. Close.
- #38: Will be addressed in PC where Steve Merritt will develop a Users Guide.
- #55: Was not discussed last week. Issues may exist with third party devices brought by Cerner and Capsule this year. Remove Elliot, Ray; Ken, Todd, Steve added. TBD owner. Waiting for Chris Carr, Didi to provide direction on bi-directional distributed demo. December 3.
- #57: Ken will develop a straw document. Nov. 20.
- #61: Post to ftp site and post links on Planning Committee pages.
- #62: Close
- #63: See related numbers.
- #64: Colin FX raised questions about patent issues. Close.
- #70: Todd responsible with Elliot. November 20. Be sure it is on the IHE Board agenda for Dec. 13th.
- #74: Make Steve the owner. update with discussions with Lisa re doing something during Connectathon.
- #76: Close
- #77: Add Paul. December 3.
- #78: Open. Paul will act as a point of contact to foster communication between PCD and Continua. Coordinate with Didi, Joyce Dec. 13.
- #79: Include open end in the White Paper under PCD development. Pursuant to F2F PCD and ICE have formed the ICE - PAC group where further coordination will be focused. Close.
- Ken may see Julian next week and will update him regarding the status of the PCD collaborative effort.
- Manny to notify Steve about Cochairs meetings.
- Ask Didi about status of #70.
4 Review Showcase Workshop
- Agenda/schedule didn't suit PCD well; first morning could have been followed by PCD breakout.
- Bill Klaver's presentation on Showcase Etiquette could be incorporated into the first morning or other general session.
- When more than one person in a single company is desired to attend for a single domain, the additional people could be given the option of attendance by Webex.
- Open questions:
- - whether Capsule's desire for bidirectional distributed demonstration is possible.
- - whether a docent or each company makes the presentations
- Ken suggested a lengthier docent overview presentation followed by company presentations
- Manny to ask John Donnelly, Lisa, Allie to encourage domains to recruit their own docents
The next meeting will be November 13: PCD Cochairs 2008-11-13 Webex
Minutes were approved on November 13: PCD Cochairs 2008-11-13 Webex