IHE Domain Coordination Committee Teleconference Minutes 2012-08-28

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search


  • Sidrah Abdul
  • Laura Bright
  • Chris Carr
  • Didi Davis
  • LaShawn Edwards
  • Derrick Evans
  • Ken Fuchs
  • Flora Lum
  • Kevin O'Donnell
  • Chris Pauer
  • Sondra Renly
  • Celina Roth
  • Karen Witting

Absent Domains: Anatomic Pathology, Dental, Endoscopy, Pharmacy.


General Committee Business

1. Roll Call see Roster

2. Approval of Minutes

  • Motion to approve. Carried unanimously.
  • Motion to approve. Carried unanimously.

3. New Business: from Future Agenda Topics Page

4. Review Action Items List

Domain Announcements

1. Domain Milestone Dates

  • ITI and PCC Call for Proposals Open 7/26-10/5
  • Radiology call for proposals to be sent out; closing date will be 10/5

2. Domain Board Reports (10 min - Karen Witting)

  • REMINDER - please send reports to the DCC list!
  • Status
  • Endoscopy - 5 months late.
      • Board Secretary to send co-chairs formal letter requesting report by October meeting, will consider suspension at November meeting
  • Anatomic Pathology - 4 months late.
  • Patient Care Coordination - due 8/8
  • Action Item: Chris Carr to request status and delivery date from John Donnelly
  • Quality, Research and Public Health - due 9/6
  • Board Report Review:
    • nothing to review

3. Domain Webinar Update

  • Profile development presentation scheduled for 8/31.
  • Action Item: Chris Carr to request slide content from Celina and Keith
  • Send slides to ihe@rsna.org 1 day prior to event
  • Slides will be posted to ihe.net after event

Domain Coordination Issues

  • Strategic plan implementation next steps
  • Next call scheduled for 9/5; propose moving to 1pm CT
  • Action Item: Chris Carr to send message to group to confirm availability for rescheduled call
  • Reviewed report to Board on Strategic Plan Implementation Steps
  • Question about who should be responsible for presenting new items to be incorporated in Strategic Plan
  • Have Strategic Planning Work Group be the point of contact for proposing new strategic items
  • Current plan does not address IHE's relationship with other SDOs; this is an issue that the XDSWG will consider on its next call

  • Survey of SNOMED CT usage across domains (update - Chris Carr)
  • Action Item: Chris Carr to send Juergen a request for update
  • Update to supplement authoring process to strengthen committee participation (Kevin O'Donnell)

Documentation, Websites and Public Information

  • Technical Framework Publication Planning and Schedule - 2012 cycle (10 min Mary Jungers)
  • Update of Profile status on ihe.net and Wiki pages
  • Ensuring that editors are using the most recent draft of a document for creating subsequent drafts
  • Mary Jungers has distributed information about where to find most recent working drafts
  • Review details on 9/11 tcon

Governance Implementation

Next steps and New Actions Items

  • Next Call scheduled for September 11, 2012, 9am-10:30am CT

Domain Coordination Committee