PCD TC 2012-09-05 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Patient Care Device Domain

Meeting Purpose

TC Regularly Scheduled Meeting

WebEx Information

Topic: PCD Technical Committee

Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time

Date: Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)

Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

1. Agenda Approval
2. Review Discussion Summary: Technical Committee August 22 PCD TC 2012-08-22 Webex
3. Status: TF, Supplement, Other Documents
4. Brief Proposals
- http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Proposals_Cycle_8
5. Connectathon and Showcase
- Thorough/Supportive Testing Explained
6. F2F: F2F Update
7. Action Item Review (last reviewed 8/8/12)
8. Next (September 19, 2012) and Recent Meetings - next week IEEE/HL7 Working Group Meetings
9. Additional Business

Action Items from Previous Meetings

See PCD Technical Committee Action Items.

Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

References

  • PCD CPs are found at PCD_CP_grid
  • Published and Draft Versions of the TF, Supplements, Other Documents:
- The PCD ftp site has draft versions.
- Published (and possibly in the process of being replaced with new versions):
o http://ihe.net/Technical_Framework/index.cfm#pcd
  • Not Yet Published:
o ftp://ftp.ihe.net/Patient_Care_Devices/Profiles/

Participants

Terry Bettis, Paul Elletson, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Richard Lane, John Rhoads, Paul Schluter, Erin Sparnon, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst

Chair: John Garguilo

Discussion

Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
Discussion Summary of previous meeting was accepted
- Manny described the distinction between the PCD Connectathon and Showcase WG’s Google Group and communication channels provided by IHE and HIMSS. These are distinct and provide very little overlap. Lynn and Steve Moore have encouraged members to check the websites periodically as they are updated.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
- As Noted
Status/Discussion:

3. TF and Supplement Status:

- Nothing to report.

4. Brief Proposals:

- John Garguilo described the Brief Proposal process and asked that members submit proposals. He indicated the “parking lot” with proposals that have been submitted but which did not garner sufficient support at the time.

5. Connectathon and Showcase:

- John described the Supportive Testing registration option.
o If there are CPs in FT, is this still a candidate? What if this still isn’t in the TF? Manny to ask Lynn.
o DEC PCD-01, PIV PCD-03 have a lengthy stable history.
o Is the registration cost the same? Does this qualify for HIMSS Showcase participation? Manny to ask Lynn.
o Are you still evaluated and results published? Manny to ask Lynn.
- Pre-Connectathon (NIST) tests:
o NIST is planning to identify the tools added for this cycle.
o NIST updated the existing tests in response to issues identified last year. John noted that the test tools may have issues and the PCD Testing Google Group is a useful place to identify and address testing process and test details.

6. October F2F:

- John Garguilo reviewed the current status, requesting that members add suggestions to the agenda on the meeting Wiki page.

7. Action Item Review:

82. OIDs: John Garguilo plans to update this in time for the F2F.
93. Managing Document Versions: John Rhoads will post documentation. Paul suggested a Rosetta for document versions. John Garguilo suggested that groupings of events, terminology might be addressed with OIDs. Paul suggested that a VMD can refer to a strict containment tree, and OIDs for VMDs are available from IEEE if needed. Change date to October 19 and add to F2F agenda.
109. Messages Without Demographics: John Rhoads suggested that benefits, risks and risk mitigation should be provided. Change date to October 19 and add to F2F agenda. Manny to let Jeff know.
110: WCM Attributes: Paul noted that Continua will be implementing more waveforms and something may come from that to help move this forward. Change due date to April 1, 2013.
117: IDCO Time Stamp: Change date to April 1, 2013.
118: Implementation Guide: Change date to October 19.

Continue with 122.

8. Next and Recent Meetings:

- PC next week, TC the week after.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s): Manny to follow up on Supportive Testing with Lynn.


Next Meetings

The next meetings are:

PC September 12, 2012 PCD PC 2012-09-12 Webex

TC September 19, 2012 PCD TC 2012-09-19 Webex

PCD Home