PCD PC 2012-09-12 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
PC At the Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time
Topic: PCD Joint Planning and Technical Committee
- Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time
Date: Wednesday, September 12, 2012
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1. Agenda Approval
- 2. Review Discussion Summary: Planning Committee August 15 PCD PC 2012-08-15 Webex
- - Note additions to Reference section
- 3. Standards Coordination
- 4. DCC -
- 5. Marketing PCD, IHE
- 6. Calendar http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD
- 7. Brief Workitem Proposals
- 8. PC Action Item Review (last updated Aug. 15; continue with no. 116)
- 9. Other Business
- 10. Next and Recent Meetings
- - F2F
- - PC, TC
Action Items from Previous Meetings
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
- Published and Draft Versions of the TF, Supplements, Other Documents:
- - The PCD ftp site has draft versions.
- - Published (and possibly in the process of being replaced with new versions):
- Not Yet Published:
- IHE Webinars - http://ihe.net/Events/webinars2012.cfm
- Request for Brief Proposals: Email from Celina Roth Aug. 2 - Submit Brief Proposals by October 5, 2012
- Oct. F2F: http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_PC%26TC_2012_Oct._16-19_F2F
- Chair: Ken Fuchs
- Jon Blasingame, Chris Courville, Bikram Day, Julien Deshayes, Paul Elletson, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Gene Hageman, Ken Hoyme, Roy Kerns, Sandra Martinez, Jeff McGeath, Steve Merritt, Monroe Pattillo, Doug Pratt, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Davin Sannes (Epic), Paul Schluter, Ioana Singureanu, Erin Sparnon, Greg Staudenmaier, Manny Furst
Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda approved
2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- - Accepted: Planning Committee July 18, 2012
3 Agenda Items
- Standards Coordination
Ken updated the group that the joint IEEE/Hl7 meetings occuring this week. There is some possibly IHE related activity around ventilators and support for CDA.
4 Work Item proposals Status/Discussion:
Ken updated the group on the proposal for Optimized Message Syntax. This is a proposal to streamline PCD profiles to enable outputs from low data rate devices. For example using RS-232 instead of TCP/IP/Ethernet.
There is a list of parking lot items from previous cycles. These will not be automatically re-proposed, someone must submit the request to ask for consideration this cycle.
Action(s): Steve will email the plannning listserve with links to the parking lot.
The next meetings are:
TC September 19, 2012 PCD TC 2012-09-19 Webex
PC October 3, 2012 PCD PC 2012-10-03 Webex