PCD TC 2011-07-20 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
TC Regularly Scheduled Meeting
Topic: PCD Technical Committee Meeting
- Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time
Date: Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1. Agenda Approval
- 2. Review Discussion Summary: Technical Committee June 29 PCD TC 2011-06-29 Webex
- 3. Existing Profile and TF Development Updates
- Asynchronous Data Query
- Point-of-Care Identity Management
- Clinical Workflow Modeling / Detailed Clinical Models
- Final Text and Change Proposals Ballor Update
- 4. Update on N A Connectathon and HIMSS12 Interoperability Showcase
- - Importance of participation in the PCD WG meetings
- 5. Moving Forward on the roadmap: next steps on Existing Profiles and new Profile Proposals
- 6. Action Item Review
- 7. Next and Recent Meetings
- 8. Additional Business
Action Items from Previous Meetings
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
- Chair: John Rhoads
- Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, John Garguilo, Steve Merritt, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Paul Schluter, Erin Sparnon, Richard Swim, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst
Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda approved
2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Discussion Summary of previous meeting was accepted
3 Agenda Items
- As Noted
3. Profile and TF Updates:
- - ACM: CP was approved, but has not been posted. John Rhoads asked Mary Jungers to look into that.
- - ADQ: Work continues.
- - PCIM: Robert reported that review of past work has been completed. A variety of use cases are being developed and will be prioritized. John Rhoads added that there is some past work within HL7 that is applicable. One approach is to use location for fixed devices, another will address infusion pumps which don’t have significant location information but may utilize the data within the IOP message.
- - Clinical Workflow Modeling: This is being addressed in HL7.
- - Final Text volumes 1, 2: The ballot period is extended; participants were asked to vote or abstain.
4. NA Connectathon and HIMSS12 Showcase:
- - Manny summarized yesterday’s discussions with Sandy during the PCD Connectathon and Showcase WG meeting. There are many changes in the approach (PCD integrated into larger stories, two structures shared with others, lack of posters for in depth discussion, etc.) and participants in today’s meeting expressed concern about the ability for the various vendors to demonstrate the various profiles.
- - John Garguilo reported that the new NIST Pre-Connectathon tests will work through a scenario for interactive testing, and will supplement the static tests.
4 Announcements and Other Items
- As Noted
- - AAMI Sponsorship of PCD: John Rhoads reported that the AAMI Board approved sponsorship. They will provide some additional funding and improve our ability to reach users and vendors who are members of AAMI and not well aware of IHE and PCD.
- - AAMI / FDA meeting for SDOs on the 29th: John Rhoads summarized the background for this meeting which will help the FDA better understand developments on interoperability and safety.
The next meetings are:
PC July 27, 2011 PCD PC 2011-07-27 Webex
TC August 3, 2011 PCD TC 2011-08-03 Webex