PCD TC 2011-06-29 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
TC Regularly Scheduled Meeting
Topic: PCD Technical Committee Meeting
- Regularly Scheduled Meeting Time
Date: Wednesday, June 29, 2011
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1. Agenda Approval
- 2. Review Discussion Summary: Technical Committee June 15 PCD TC 2011-06-15 Webex
- 3. Update on AAMI (Ken, John R. and Manny);
- 4. Existing Profile and TF Development Updates
- Tasks for next revision of Trial Implementation Technical Framework
- Incorporate all the Final Text Change Proposals - Is this complete?
- Event Communication
- Status (John R.)
- Document Walk-through/review
- Asynchronous Data Query progress (Next Meeting?)
- 5 Update on IHE-Korea testing upcoming Connectaton [July 13 - 17] (John G.);
- 6 Status of Test Case Review (Manny)
- 7 Misc
- IHE-PCD User's Handbook 2011 edition ready for public comment
- Reminders: complete any open ballot items, and “availability survey” (IHE-compliant products) if yet already done…
- Discuss cancelation of next week’s Wednesday TCon?
- 8. Action Item Review
- 9. Next and Recent Meetings
- 10. Additional Business
Action Items from Previous Meetings
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
- Chair: John Garguilo
- Al Engelbert, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Sandry Martinez,Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Paul Schluter, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst
Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda approved
2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Discussion Summary of previous meeting was accepted
3 Agenda Items
- yAs noted
3. Update on AAMI meeting:
- - Interoperability was a major theme of the conference. Ken, John Rhoads and Axel spoke. There were many sessions, with Ken and John speaking in several, with Axel in one with Ken and John and another on cybersecurity. The audience was aware and interested, apparently with greater interest.
- - John Rhoads noted that visitors to the booth were both users and vendors and had serious interest in PCD.
- - Ken noted that FDA has an interest in interoperability and asked AAMI to develop standards on interoperability and Ken noted that this is not amenable to a quick solution and that many have spent years working on this. UL has also decided they will work on interoperability. The FDA may set up a meeting of stakeholders to set a path.
- - Manny noted that the AAMI Board approved becoming the third sponsor of the PCD.
4. Existing Profile and TF Development:
- - Event Communication: Khalid indicated that all the essential elements were included in the document. Khalid, Al, John and others were recognized for the accomplishment. Several EMR vendors participated and the expectation is that this will be tested and demonstrated in this cycle.
- - TF: The Final Text version volumes 1 and 2 are completed. The publication staff will address formatting, etc. and release it. There is no further need for a TI version. Changes will be made via CPs. Annual revisions are anticipated after CPs are vetted in Connectathons – the CPs will be folded in. John G asked how many testing cycles are required before a CP is incorporated into the FT TF. John Rhoads indicated the TC will make judgment calls, noting that the PCD has favored two cycles, but that is not a requirement. John was congratulated for the accomplishment.
5. IHE Korea: Some changes were made to the NIST test system in advance of their upcoming Connectathon. They are using several OIDs and Korean demographics with Korean character set for the PID segment.
6. Test Case Review: Basic DEC has been addressed, more remains. PIV has reviewed. We will continue with DEC and review ACM starting tomorrow.
- - User Handbook update completed.
- - Open ballots: no information available.
9. No Committee meeting next week, deferring the PC a week and continuing the current cycle. PIV will meet today. No RTM or ADQ meetings this week.
The next meetings are (due to one week postponement of meetings that would have occurred the week of July 4):
PC July 13, 2011 PCD PC 2011-07-13 Webex
TC July 20, 2011 PCD TC 2011-07-20 Webex