PCD TC 2010-09-08 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Patient Care Device Domain

Meeting Purpose

Regularly Scheduled TC Meeting

WebEx Information

Topic: PCD Technical Committee Meeting

Regularly Scheduled Meeting


Date: Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)

Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

  1. Agenda Approval
  2. Review Discussion Summaries: August 25 PCD TC 2010-08-25 Webex
  3. TC Co-Chair Election - hooray for John G!
  4. Reminder: Deadline for new Workitem Proposals: Sept. 17
  5. October Meetings
    1. PCD F2F (esp. call for profile proposals) PCD PC&TC 2010-10-18 to 22 F2F
      1. Schedule changes: Monday introductory session till 11, Tuesday ECRI tour
    2. IEEE 11073 + HL7 ... agenda items?
    3. ISO TC215
  6. Showcase
    1. Selection of scenarios, block diagram
    2. Integration with other domains
      1. OB story: need fetal monitor, newborn hearing screening
  7. TF update; Final Text versions next
  8. Profile Update
  9. ACM
    1. Comment resolution - substantive change - "unfix" facet associations, identify strictly by OBX-3 - CP coming from Rhoads
    2. Connectathon participant status
  10. WCM
    1. comment resolution ongoing
    2. another meeting Monday 11 Eastern
  11. Event Communication (infusion pump) review
  12. Rapid Device Configuration - Determining what can be demoed
  13. Tooling Update
  14. Recruiting issues
  15. Action Item Review
  16. Additional Business

Action Items from Previous Meetings

See PCD Technical Committee Action Items.

Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

Participants

Chair: John Rhoads
Anupriyo Chakravarti, Todd Cooper, Bikram Day, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Rich Hillman, Roger Kittelson, Deborah Leyva, Steve Merritt, Gary Meyer, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Paul Schluter, Tom Schultz, Erin Sparnon, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst

Discussion

Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

  • Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
  • Discussion Summary of previous meeting was accepted

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
- As Noted
Status/Discussion:
3. John Garguilo has been elected TC cochair.
4. New Work Item Proposals: John Rhoads offered to assist anyone who needs help developing a proposal.
5. October meetings:
- F2F: The Wiki page is available for additions, editing; timing will be addressed later. Ken noted that a PCD introductory session is scheduled for 8:30 – 10 for ECRI Institute staff and those in the general area who may be interested. A Webex may be added if appropriate. The regular meeting will start about 11. A tour is tentatively scheduled after lunch Tuesday. Erin requested an invitation to send to local biomeds and Ken will provide the document. Manny will look for the invitation used in Berkeley.
- HL7: The device portion will be in collaboration with IEEE. John Garguilo invited participants to submit agenda items to Todd. Todd noted that the HL7 effort is active, and the Veterans Administration is holding a conference at the same time and place; Todd will present material about the PCD. He added that mobile device communication in HL7 is also on the agenda.
6. Showcase: Ken noted that next Tuesday’s meeting will address the Showcase organization. One story that will be considered is an OB story with fetal monitoring to obtain cross domain integration. Capsule indicated they can interface many fetal monitors and so the search will be on to obtain the fetal monitor. Debbie Leyva added that they (Nuvon) may be able to provide this aspect, noting that Vaughan has indicated an interest in participating. Bikram noted that GE and Philips are among those Capsule interfaces. Ken added that newborn hearing screening may be added. Bikram added that an incubator or infant warmer can also be added.
7. Technical Framework: The revised TI versions are wending their way to publication. Ken and John will use these as the basis for the Final Text versions volumes 1 and 2.
8. IDCO: Tom Schultz indicated that no significant changes have been made, rather the focus has been on nomenclature balloting. IDCO’s plans will be discussed at the Cambridge HL7 meetings. Todd asked about incorporating Consistent Time. Tom indicated this is on the agenda for the Cambridge meeting.
9. ACM: The ballot brought a substantive comment from Paul Schluter. John indicated that he and Monroe will address this and will develop a CP to make the RefID in OBX-3 consistent with PCD-01.
10. WCM: (now Waveform Content Message): Ken indicated that the simpler comments have been addressed and the more complex comments will be addressed next Monday.
11. Event Communication: Jeff described the current status of this Supplement in development. It focuses on the needs of the Pump WG, recognizing that it has broader application, but will be more widely developed and used. Using a different transaction will permit receiving systems to differentiate this from status messages. Todd asked if a new Trigger will be required and Jeff responded that it will. Todd suggested this be added to the upcoming HL7 meeting agenda. Paul expressed a preference for embedding this in a PCD-01 message and can optionally include data, but does not object to a distinct trigger. Discussion continued about proposing a new trigger, using the ACM profile with alarm priority 0 (zero), and other ways to assure that this is general enough to support sufficient scope. Paul complimented the Pump WG for the well defined draft. He added that the profile should follow the template for core event information carried in the other profiles. Jeff noted that events have different workflow.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

4 New Business
- Todd
Status/Discussion:
  • Todd offered to provide a summary description of the Korean Connectathon if time permits. This was deferred.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):



Next Meeting

The next meeting will be September 22 PCD TC 2010-09-22 Webex

PCD Home