PCD TC 2010-09-22 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Patient Care Device Domain

Meeting Purpose

Regularly Scheduled TC Meeting

WebEx Information

Topic: PCD Technical Committee Meeting

Regularly Scheduled Meeting


Date: Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)

Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

1. Agenda Approval
2. Review Discussion Summaries: September 8 PCD TC 2010-09-08 Webex
3. General CP Ballot Update
4. Profile Update
1. TF update update
2. WCM Comment Resolution Continues next week:
3. ACM Status
5. Event Communication
6. WAN Testing Event Update
1. IHE Korea Connectathon Update
7. RDC Update
8. Terminology Update
9. Tooling Update
10. October Meetings
1. IEEE 11073 + HL7
2. PCD F2F (esp. call for profile proposals) PCD PC&TC 2010-10-18 to 22 F2F
3 October 13 and 27 will be joint PC/TC Meetings
11. Action Item Review
12. Additional Business
13. Next Meetings

Action Items from Previous Meetings

See PCD Technical Committee Action Items.

Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

Participants

Chair: John Rhoads, John Garguilo

Terry Bettis, Jon Blasingame, Bikram Day, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Rich Hillman, John Hotchkiss, Steve Merritt, Gary Meyer, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Erin Sparnon, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst

Discussion

Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

  • Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
  • Discussion Summary of previous meeting was accepted with clarification to the sentence regarding the VA's meeting colocated with the HL7/IEEE meeting.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda
- As Noted
Status/Discussion:
  • 3. CPs: Ballots have passed. Only one more is anticipated prior to those generated at the F2F (ACM).
  • 4. Profile Update:
- 1. The TF will be published soon by IHE.
- 2. WCM will meet Monday and discuss Christof’s recommendations.
- 3. John Rhoads is nearly finished with the ACM CP to address Paul’s comments.
  • 5. Event Communication: Jeff reported that the supplement is nearly ready, and is currently narrow in scope. How this supplement relates to devices beyond pumps remains for the TC to discuss. John Rhoads is developing a complementary document that addresses this. * 6. WAN Testing in Korea utilized NIST tools, but the vendors were required to remove the wrapper. It will be a while before NIST is able to support the integrated message. Manny noted that at the moment Continua will not be sending data directly to PCD, but it is possible they will send via an intermediary. This will be added to the Joint PC/TC meeting prior to the F2F.
  • 7. RDC Update: John Rhoads and Jan Wittenber will develop a document that describes a situation where a ventilator will be preloaded with settings before it replaces the initial ventilator.
  • 8. Terminology: RTM-Vent meets today.
  • 9. Tooling Update: NIST will present RTM’s work at the IEEE meeting in October. When completed the terms will become the standard. This will be on Tuesday, Oct. 5, 9 – 10:30.
  • 10. October Meetings
- 1. IEEE 11073 & HL7: above
- 2. PCD F2F: Erin is reaching out to regional biomed and HIMSS members.
- 3. Joint meetings noted. RTLS and Security White Papers, Event Communication Supplement will be on the F2F agenda. John Rhoads noted that other domains are slowing the development of new profiles while companies catch up with the existing profiles and gain experience. Ken suggested that DPI is a major effort that is on horizon. Jeff noted that Gary will resurrect the Patient – Device Association. ITI is addressing other issues revolving around patient identification.
  • 11. Action Items (see below).


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

  • 5. Manny will add to the Joint PC/TC agenda for the meeting prior to the F2F.
  • 10.3. Manny will ask Todd if has any related documents (Patient – Device Association).


4 Action Items
- Chairs
Status/Discussion:

Action Items:

  • 60. Todd is working on TF Volume 3 which will include what was Volume 2 Appendix D. Manny to ask Todd
  • 66. John Garguilo will ask members to take responsibility for maintaining the profiles and keep the latest version on the ftp site. Companies will be able to constrain these further. Gary will lead an effort to coordinate this. Manny indicated that the MWB and Peter Rontey’s tutorial are posted on the ftp site. If any changes are required members should send Manny an email. Peter has limited time available because his responsibilities have changed. He may have room in an upcoming tutorial but is not offering them regularly.

Remainder were deferred.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

7 Announcements
- All
Status/Discussion:
  • Showcase: Manny will share the revised scenarios today. There will be some new parameters and we need to recruit additional devices.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


Next Meeting

The next meeting will be October 6 PCD TC 2010-10-06 Webex

PCD Home