PCD TC 2010-08-25 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Patient Care Device Domain

Meeting Purpose

Regularly Scheduled TC Meeting

WebEx Information

Topic: PCD Technical Committee Meeting

Regularly Scheduled Meeting


Date: Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)

Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

1. Agenda Approval
2. Review Discussion Summaries: August 11 PCD TC 2010-08-11 Webex
3. General CP Ballot Update
  1. PIV CP ballots
  2. DEC CP for MLLP (default) or WS Transports
  3. IDCO CP?
4. TC Co-Chair Nominations Update
5. Profile Update
  1. TF update update
  2. TF clarification (editorial only - no CP) that only ER7 are allowed
  3. Reminder of HL7 2.6
  4. WCM Early Comments:
  1. Use of OBX-4 ... foundational!
  2. Use of multiple OBR's to segregate wave data (e.g., alarm evidentiary info)
7. ACM Trigger CP?
6. Event Communication (infusion pump) review
7. WAN Testing Event Update
  1. IHE Korea Connectathon Update
8. RDC Update
9. Terminology Update
10. Tooling Update
11. October Meetings
  1. IEEE 11073 + HL7 ... agenda items?
  2. ISO TC215
  3. PCD F2F (esp. call for profile proposals) PCD PC&TC 2010-10-18 to 22 F2F
12. Action Item Review
13. Additional Business
14. Next Meetings

Action Items from Previous Meetings

See PCD Technical Committee Action Items.

Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

Participants

Chair: John Rhoads
Anupriyo Chakravarti, Bikram Day, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Christoff Gessner, Rich Hillman, John Hotchkiss, John Leung, Gary Meyer, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Paul Schluter, Erin Sparnon, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst

Discussion

Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

  • Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
  • Discussion Summary of previous meeting was accepted

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
- As Noted
Status/Discussion:
  • 3. CPs: TF closes today, will pass; Web Services passed; ACM is still open; OBX-4 is still open.
  • 5. Profile Updates
Technical Framework, volume 1: Ken led discussion. Mary Jungers has reviewed, edited and formatted the document in preparation for publication after Ken’s review and TC comments are resolved. Ken reviewed comments and changes and will wait for Paul’s comments later today. John asked if there is a consensus that the changes are minor and therefore the existing ballot represents the decision. The consensus is to send the document forward to Mary for publication.
Technical Framework, volume 2: John Rhoads acknowledged comments received including editing by Mary Jungers. Paul has issues with a table that did not have discussion of error types. While he will vote in the affirmative this table (0553) needs to be corrected with organization. He suggested that the table could be moved to PIV or corrected. John indicated there is a later table, and that it refers to the table as informative and that the latest available is posted elsewhere. John recommends this table be located elsewhere and thus available for updating without impacting the TF document. The consensus was agreement with John’s recommendation.
WCM: Supplement Public Comments: Discussion later today about the comments received. Ken has organized the comments in preparation for review. The use of OBX-4 as proposed will require some discussion, and will be scheduled to accommodate those who commented.
PIV: Working through the Event Communication drafts.
RTM has also devoted some time to Continua coding requirements.
RTM Vent Terminology: Paul reported good progress on ventilator terminology. That is the primary focus at this time.
  • 7. Korean Connectathon: Todd reported early completion with success. Special thanks to NIST with commendation for Maria.
  • 8. RDC Update: John Rhoads summarized the progress, reporting the modeling is complete. Draeger (Germany) suggested the use of web services.
  • 10. NIST Tooling: Progressing nicely with incremental advances. John Garguilo noted that message wrappers will be addressed in the future. For PCD, this came up in the Korean Connectathon (SOAP).
  • 11. October Meetings:
- IEEE and HL7: John Rhoads asked that suggestions be sent to Todd, himself and he will forward to Patty Krantz.
- ISO 215, Rotterdam: Christoff will attend, largely for Pharmacy. John Rhoads noted that RDC will be on that agenda.
- PCD F2F: A preliminary agenda has been posted.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

4 Announcements
- As Noted
Status/Discussion:
  • Cochairs ballots close Thursday.

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

Next Meeting

The next meeting will be September 8 PCD TC 2010-09-08 Webex

PCD Home