PCD TC 2010-08-11 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
Regularly Scheduled TC Meeting
Topic: PCD Technical Committee Meeting
- Regularly Scheduled Meeting
Date: Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
- 1 Agenda Approval
- 2 Review Discussion Summaries: July 28 PCD TC 2010-07-28 Webex
- 3. TC Co-Chair Nominations Update
- 4. Profile Update:
- Call for 2010/2011 Profile Proposals
- Ballot Updates?
- DEC CP for MLLP and/or WS Transports
- OBR-4 "unknown medication" CP (draft from Pump WG)
- Unknown Patient & PID Representation CP (proposal from Pump WG)
- Additional PIV CP for Error Table updates needed? Process?!
- MEM Discussion Update
- IDCO: CT issue for Reporters & Consumers?
- WCM Discussion Reminder
- ACM & WCTP Update
- 5 TF Draft Review
- 6. Event Communication (infusion pump) review
- 7. WAN Testing Event Update
- IHE Korea Connectathon Update
- 8. RDC Update
- 9. Terminology Update
- 10. Tooling Update
- 11. October Meetings
- 12. Action Item Review
- 13. Additional Business
- 14. Next Meetings
Action Items from Previous Meetings
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
- Chair: Todd Cooper
- Jon Blasingame, Todd Cooper, Bikram Day, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Christoff Gessner, Rich Hillman, Steve Merritt, Gary Meyer, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Paul Schluter, Ioana Signureanu, Erin Sparnon, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst
Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda approved
2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Discussion Summary of previous meeting was accepted
3 Agenda Items
- As noted
- 3. Cochair Nominations: John Garguilo has been nominated. Todd has requested more information from HIMSS.
- 4. Profile Updates:
- - Call for Profile Proposals: Requested a week before the October F2F.
- - Ballot Updates:
- - DEC CP for WAN-* and MLLP: Members were asked to vote today or tomorrow to make it possible to include the options in Gazelle registration. Ioana referred to security and suggested that the User Guide and Implementation Guide include discussion of this.
- - Previous ballots have been completed and passed; we await confirmation of quorum.
- - Ballot Updates:
- - OBR-4 Unknown Medication CP: Gary is developing this addition to the HL7 table; it will be discussed in the Pump WG meeting today.
- - Unknown Patient and PID CP: Todd discussed the use of PID-31; this will be discussed in the Pump WG. Paul asked if the EUI-64 and time stamp would serve; data can later be tied to the patient. This has the additional benefit of addressing duplicate data. Jeff questioned how this approach will be able to determine which patient’s data is relevant when ending use with one patient and starting use on another. John observed that other devices have this same issue and the solutions are context dependent; more exploration is required. Todd suggested that this issue be discussed in the Pump WG and brought forward.
- - PIV CP for Error Table Additions: Gary described the need to balance specific codes that provide detailed description or more general codes. Todd suggested that the error codes have evolved and may continue to do so. He asked the Pump WG to consider providing these in a separate table which would not require changing the TF as it changes. Paul suggested this could be in Rosetta; Todd suggested an HL7 table. Ioana suggested that specific items that apply to all/most devices would be acceptable, but those that only apply to specific devices should be avoided.
- - MEM: A meeting earlier this week addressed location tracking, synergy with Event Communication, work item proposals should be available shortly. A discussion summary will be posted.
- - IDCO CT: Paul explained that the major issue is synchronizing the pacemaker time stamp with the data transmitted. He told them how Continua has addressed this. IDCO will develop a white paper on the subject.
- - WCM Discussion: Meeting today to discuss comments received.
- - ACM WCTP Update: Ken summarized: ACM has proposed this standard, which is no longer supported by its sponsor, PCIA, but indicated PCD is welcome to use it. The downside is that there is no mechanism to change the standard if it would be necessary. Monroe indicated that major cell phone companies are using this. He added that changes can be made to certain areas.
- 5. TF Draft Review: John Rhoads was congratulated for completion of the updated TI version of volume 2. Untested/new material will be removed and a FT version will be issued. He asked that review and comments use the PDF version for stability and other benefits.
- 6. Event Communication Review: A draft was sent to the TC last night and will be discussed in the Pump WG today.
- Manny to place TF TI volumes on the ftp site and establish ballots for volumes 1 and 2.
4 Action Items
The next meeting will be August 25 PCD TC 2010-08-25 Webex