PCD TC 2010-07-28 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
Regularly Scheduled TC Meeting
Topic: PCD Technical Committee Meeting
- Regularly Scheduled Meeting
Date: Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
- Agenda Approval
- Review Discussion Summaries: July 14PCD TC 2010-07-14 Webex
- General CP Ballot Update
- PIV CP ballots
- 4. TC Co-Chair Nominations Update
- 5. Profile Update
- TF update update
- DEC CP for MLLP (default) or WS Transports
- IDCO CP?
- TF clarification (editorial only - no CP) that only ER7 are allowed
- Reminder of HL7 2.6
- WCM Early Comments:
- Use of OBX-4 ... foundational!
- Use of multiple OBR's to segregate wave data (e.g., alarm evidentiary info)
- 7. ACM Trigger CP?
- 6. WAN Testing Event Update
- IHE Korea Connectathon Update
- 7. RDC Update
- 8. Terminology Update
- 9. Tooling Update
- 10. October Meetings
- IEEE 11073 + HL7 ... agenda items?
- ISO TC215
- PCD F2F (esp. call for profile proposals)
- 11. Action Item Review
- 12. Additional Business
- 13. Next Meetings
Action Items from Previous Meetings
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
Jon Blasingame, Todd Cooper, Bikram Day, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Deborah Leyva, Sandra Martinez, John Rhoads, Erin Sparnon, Lee Suprenant, Kristina Wilson, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst
Chair: John Rhoads
Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda approved
2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Discussion Summary of previous meeting was accepted
3 Agenda Items
- As Noted
- PIV passed, there is a question about quorum. The pump group will address comments received.
- ACM ballot is in progress; we have not reached quorum.
4. John reminded the group that nominations are open for TC and PC cochairs.
5. Profile Updates:
- TF: John has asked for a review by a technical writer at Philips; volume 2 will then be available for review.
- The DCC has been discussing documentation:
- - ITI and PCC have a different point of view of organization and the DCC has been discussing this issue. ITI has a large number of profiles and transactions. PCD has followed their formats for that reason and because consistent organization should make it easier for users.
- - There is great difficulty of finding what you need, and understanding the vast volume of material, especially if you are a newcomer. John invited ideas on how best to organize the material and he will bring them to the DCC.
- CP for MLLP as default within PCD-01 or as PCD-10 specifically for MLLP (Home Health transmissions): Todd noted that the IHE has had discussions about when to establish an option or a new profile. The preference is to add an option in PCD-01 for MLLP. For those who have already implemented PCD-01 nothing more will be required. Todd asked about handling PCD-02 as an option following this change and how this would be added to Gazelle registration and clearly maintain separation of PCD-02. Manny responded that registration should be no problem; we need to define the name.
- IDCO has indicated that they do not plan to add a CP this year. Manny noted they do not plan to implement CT. Todd will take this up with Paul.
The next meeting will be August 11 PCD TC 2010-08-11 Webex