PCD TC 2010-07-14 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
Regularly Scheduled TC Meeting
Topic: PCD Technical Committee Meeting
- Regularly Scheduled Meeting
Date: Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
- Agenda Approval
- Review Discussion Summaries: June 30 PCD TC 2010-06-30 Webex
- General CP Ballot Update
- PIV CP ballots
- 4. TC Co-Chair Nominations Update
- 5. Profile Update
- TF update update
- DEC CP for MLLP (default) or WS Transports
- IDCO CP?
- TF clarification (editorial only - no CP) that only ER7 are allowed
- Reminder of HL7 2.6
- WCM Early Comments:
- Use of OBX-4 ... foundational!
- Use of multiple OBR's to segregate wave data (e.g., alarm evidentiary info)
- 7. ACM Trigger CP?
- 6. WAN Testing Event Update
- IHE Korea Connectathon Update
- 7. RDC Update
- 8. Terminology Update
- 9. Tooling Update
- 10. October Meetings
- IEEE 11073 + HL7 ... agenda items?
- ISO TC215
- PCD F2F (esp. call for profile proposals)
- 11. Action Item Review
- 12. Additional Business
- 13. Next Meetings
Action Items from Previous Meetings
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
- Chair: Ken Fuchs
- Jon Blasingame, Todd Cooper, Bikram Day, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, John Hotchkiss, Gary Meyer, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Paul Schluter, Tom Schultz, Ioana Signureanu, Erin Sparnon, Nick Steblay, Rabin Shrestha, Jan Wittenber, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst
Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda approved with the addition of DCM after item 7 and the addition of PDQ to Item 9.
2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Discussion Summary of previous meeting was accepted
3 Agenda Items
- Item Leaders
- 3.1 PIV has passed, but there were some issues raised that the Pump WG will address.
- 4. Cochair nominations – timetable remains up in the air due to HIMSS. Nominations are encouraged.
- 5.1 TF update volumes 1, 2 should be out for discussion and approval to publish for public comment soon.
- 5.2 PCD-01 for WAN interface: will be tested in Seoul in August and in Chicago in January. The question is whether WS should be an option in PCD-01 or a new profile (PCD-10). Recommendation is to make MLLP and WS options, with MLLP a default in selecting registration. This requires a CP, which John Rhoads will develop.
- 5.3 IDCO WG may submit non-controversial CPs for this testing cycle, with the more controversial CPs coming later.
- 5.4 ER7 is proposed as the only coding method: no one uses the XML version, but it does provide an easier to understand document. The proposal is to make it clear that the XML versions in the document are for illustration only. Ioana recommended that XML not be used for illustration to avoid confusion. There was a consensus agreement with Ioana’s recommendation. She suggested that the MWB can be used to provide a graphical representation to accompany the ER7.
- 5.5 Reminder baseline is version 2.6.
- 5.6 Early comments on WCM public comment forum:
- 5.6.1: Use of OBX-4: Ioana indicated that OBX-4 is useful, but it may confuse things; this can be improved by using a “structured segment group”. Paul suggested that evidentiary snippets in WCM be at the same level as in PCD-01. He noted that we have already gone to 5 levels. Also, most of the RTM items are only one level; e.g., there are a few in PIV that require more levels. Maintaining the current approach permits all the important items to be sent in one message.
- 5.6.2: Todd suggested a WCM meeting to discuss this.
Action(s): Manny to set the WCM meeting.
4 Action Items
The next meeting will be July 28 PCD TC 2010-07-28 Webex