PCD TC 2010-06-30 Webex

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Patient Care Device Domain

Meeting Purpose

Regularly Scheduled TC Meeting

WebEx Information

Topic: PCD Technical Committee Meeting

Regularly Scheduled Meeting


Date: Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)

Duration: 60 Minutes

Proposed Agenda

  1. Agenda Approval
  2. Review Discussion Summaries: June 16 PCD TC 2010-06-16 Webex
  3. DPI and collaboration with ICE
  4. AAMI 2010 Update: Presentations, Mini-Showcase
  5. Review AAMI Mini-Showcase Event in Tampa
  6. IHE Korea Connectathon & ITI WS* Testing Support
  7. Detailed Clinical Model (DCM) Update
  8. Supplements, CPs
  9. Medical Device Security WP
  10. Action Item Review
  11. Additional Business
  12. Next Meetings

Action Items from Previous Meetings

See PCD Technical Committee Action Items.

Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.

Participants

Chair: Todd Cooper, John Rhoads
Jon Blasingame, Todd Cooper, Bikram Day, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Sarah Hopkins, Steve Merritt, Gary Meyer, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Paul Schluter, Ioana Singureanu, Erin Sparnon, Greg Scott, Axel Wirth, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst

Discussion

Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair
Status/Discussion:

Decisions/Issues:

  • Agenda approved

Action(s):

2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
Status/Discussion:
  • Discussion Summary of previous meeting was accepted

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

3 Agenda Items
- As Noted
Status/Discussion:

Item 3: DPI and ICE: Discussion continues related to concepts and developing the plan of action.

Items 4, 5: Todd summarized PCD activities at AAMI. The Saturday morning AAMI Symposium focused on Meaningful Use was well received. PCD was well represented by Jon, Elliot. Steve, Ken, Todd and Elliot presented an update on PCD on Monday, and the demonstration was also well received. Manny and Ken described the recruiting effort and noted that MEM should be able to begin work on messages, and that at least one device vendor appeared strongly interested. John summarized the discussion with AAMI leadership that took place on Saturday.

Item 6: IHE Korea Connectathon & ITI WS* Testing Support: Todd summarized activity with IHE-K including discussion about whether it is necessary to have a separate profile for different transport methods.

Item 7: Detailed Clinical Model (DCM): Ioana summarized the work and noted that this complements the ICE-PAC work led by Tracy.

Item 8: Supplements, CPs: Jeff Rinda noted that the minor issues were raised by BCMA vendors, and he expressed pleasure with their engagement in the process.

Item 9: Medical Device Security WP: Axel Wirth, Symantec, offered to help move security forward by leading the development of a white paper.

6 Action Items
- Chairs
Status/Discussion:
  • 60: TF: Change to Sept 15.
  • 66.1: John G: He will develop a process for branching from the OID and it will become part of NIST Tooling, with each profile having a leaf.
  • 66.2: John G: NISt is continuing the effort.
  • 77: Close as completed.
  • 82: John will integrate 66.1 and 82.
  • 83: MOVE TO PC.
  • 87: MOVE FROM ACTIVE
  • 89: Close as completed
  • 92: Grouped Actors: Close as addressed by removing this as potentially available to PIB. PIB will become a suggestion or reference to PAM,
  • PDQ that are separate and distinct ITI profiles.
  • 93: John R has received approval to use GForge. Change date
  • 94: Close
  • 96: Close in favor of Patient Device Association addressing this issue.
  • OPEN new item to obtain all ADT support required. PAM, PDQ, PEC.
  • OPEN new item for PDA with possible interim document.
  • 97: Move date
  • 98: close???

Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):

7 Announcements
- All
Status/Discussion:
  • Axel Wirth: Security White Paper continued: Axel summarized the discussion he had with cochairs at AAMI. He noted that this effort to develop the WP will require coordination with other domains.
  • Paul asked that members review the latest version of the RTM document.
  • John Garguilo asked if development of PHD Rosetta terms is on time and Paul indicated it is. Paul noted that new terms can be utilized as REF IDs but not with numeric codes until IEEE approves them. This will create some delays in full acceptance, but should not create an issue that delays vendor implementation


Decisions/Issues:

Action(s):


Next Meeting

The next meeting will be July 14 PCD TC 2010-07-14 Webex

PCD Home