PCD TC 2010-04-14 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
Regularly Scheduled TC Meeting
Topic: PCD Technical Committee Meeting
Date: Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
- Agenda Approval
- Review Discussion Summary: March 31 PCD TC 2010-03-31 Webex
- Review AAMI Mini-Showcase Preparations
- Spring F2F Update: Logistics, Participation & Agenda
- Continua Harmonization Change Proposals Update - Paul Schluter
- IHE Korea Connectathon & ITI WS* Testing Support
- PCD-02 Proposals Discussion
- Detailed Proposals Review
- Action Item Review
- Additional Business
- Next Meetings
Action Items from Previous Meetings
See PCD Technical Committee Action Items page.
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
- Chair: Todd Cooper, John Rhoads
Christel Anderson, Jon Blasingame, Todd Cooper, Bikram Day, Al Engelbert, John Garguilo, Christof Gessner, Gary Meyer, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Paul Schluter, Erin Sparnon, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst
Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda approved
2 Issues with Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Discussion Summary of previous meeting was accepted
3 Agenda Items
- Cochairs, Others
- 3. Review AAMI Mini-Showcase Preparations: Manny noted little has changed. Paul indicated that the GE Periop system is likely to be available, providing the DOC.
- 4. Spring F2F Update: Logistics, Participation & Agenda: There’s been little changed on the agenda. The hotel has set aside another six rooms and will make more available if necessary.
- 5. Continua Harmonization Change Proposals Update - Paul Schluter: The DCC is attempting to have a consistent TF template across domains. This is only possible to a limited extent.
- 6. ITI WS* Testing Support Web Services testing, ITI volume 2, Appendix D – it isn’t clear that WS* has actually been tested. The Korean test will help prepare PCD for the N A Connectathon where it will likely be tested.
- 7. PCD-02 Proposals Discussion: Al described the need for this to address the one-shot subscription and will work with Brad to submit a CP. The proposal is to use the attribute that provides the subscription duration. Inserting a -1 will indicate a desire for the current value.
- 8. Detailed Proposals Review: John Rhoads has posted a draft proposal for Event Communication. The TF Appendix 1 currently addresses a limited view of event communications. This proposal generalizes and harmonizes aperiodic events, with wider scope. The draft includes several use cases. For example, decision support systems which may trigger or add information to an alarm. This extends the IEC 60601 four level alarm approach and addresses workflow and automation. Events will have a unique ID which can be used to link events, distinguish those that are clinical from those solely for research among other applications. Todd asked how this will prioritize events that are not alarms. Paul suggested priority be a separate field, to be reserved for future development of a richer set of priorities, and possibly an RTM type approach that addresses the parameters. Christof suggested that lab has an approach to be considered.
- - Event Communication - Content Profile Detailed Proposal (pdf)
- 9. Action Item Review: Deferred
- 10. Additional Business: None
- 11. Next Meetings: PC next week, Joint PC/TC April 28 preceding the weeklong F2F meetings in Berkeley.
The next TC meeting will be the Joint PC/TC meeting, April 28, 2010 PCD PC&TC 2010-04-28 Webex
The next PC meeting will be April 21, 2010 PCD PC 2010-04-21 Webex