PCD TC 2010-03-31 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
Regularly Scheduled TC Meeting
Topic: PCD Technical Committee Meeting
Date: Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York)
Duration: 60 Minutes
- Agenda Approval
- Review Discussion Summary: March 10 PCD PC&TC 2010-03-10 Webex
- Connectathon Follow-Up Discussion
- Review Showcase Lessons Learned
- Spring F2F Update
- Carried-over issues from Continua harmonization Change Proposals - Paul Schluter
- Brief discussion on Pump Summit - fuller discussion when everyone available after HIMSS
- Waveform Communication Management review postponed because Ken Fuchs in IEC-80001 meetings in Germany
- Action Item Review
- Additional Business
- Next Meetings
Action Items from Previous Meetings
See PCD Technical Committee Action Items page.
Significant changes, other than dates, will be in bold.
- Chair: John Rhoads
Christel Anderson,Terry Bettis, Jon Blasingame, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, Ken Fuchs, John Garguilo, Gary Meyer, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Paul Schluter, Ioana Singureanu, Erin Sparnon, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst
Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Agenda approved
2 Issues with Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Discussion Summary of previous meeting was accepted
3 Change Proposals
- Change Proposals, listed below, were discussed at previous meeting PCD TC 2010-02-10 Webex
- 1. Universal Service Identifier in OBR-4 documents current practice.
- 2. Mapping EUI-64
- 3. Time of the interval in OBR-7, OBR-8
- 4. Reporting measurement status (OBX-8, OBX-11)
- 5. System model and manufacturer
- 6. WAN OBX-4
- 7. Reporting Time Synchronization
- 8. WAN Transport – Web Services
Jeff indicated that he and Kristina found some issues with three of the CPs. One of these issues is related to EUI-64. It had been associated with the server while the CP associates it with the device. Paul suggested that multiple identifiers could be used. Jeff also noted that the service level identifier is an issue. Paul responded that the order identifier can be used.
4 AAMI Mini-Showcase
- The AAMI Mini-Showcase is likely to be a desktop presentation with posters. This is an “island” booth and is in a prime exhibit hall location. Jon Blasingame volunteered to be the point person for ACCE’s portion of the booth. The 30 foot booth is shared with ACCE.
5 Other Agenda Items Status/Discussion:
- Manny reviewed the PCD Connectathon Experience and Lessons Learned survey. Among the results are that the NIST tool was viewed very favorably and that users hoped its scope will eventually eliminate the need for the MWB. Participants indicated that the MWB has several unique functions that indicate continued use into the foreseeable future. There is a desire to update and finalize test cases for existing tests early in the calendar.
- Event Communication - Content Profile
6 Action Items
- John Rhoads and Ioana indicated that HL7 does not have a problem with the use of their spreadsheets for tracking CPs. John recommended that these provide strong ways to document comments so as to reduce the extent of discussions that follow the ballots.
8 PCD Spring F2F Meeting
The next TC meeting will be April 14, 2010 PCD TC 2010-04-14 Webex
The next PC meeting will be April 7, 2010 PCD PC 2010-04-07 Webex